ellitor

2018 4* LB Quay Walker

76 posts in this topic

If the Dean kid isn't good enough to get an offer, Walker shouldn't waste his talent hitching his wagon to him. I mean, maybe that kid is a stud too, but as he said, we haven't even offered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

There is still time. Assuming we want him bad (I don't know if that is true or not) than it appears he wants to be wanted. T-Will needs to show interest on a more regular basis. 

The million dollar question.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not think anyone will outwork T will when he wants a guy. So IDK what to believe when he says the lines of communication has dried up. That does not sound like T will. A lot of this is a 2 way street. The kid has to WANT to communicate to said recruiter as well. I remember reading Garner tried like hell to talk up Aubrey Solomon all the time but the kid was "tough to reach" which is code for the kid is not that interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we made top 5... link

Quote

Cordele, Ga. linebacker Quay Walker knows which conference he wants to play in, but he’s not sure which team.

The 4-star prospect out of Crisp County dropped an all-SEC top five on Twitter Wednesday.

I am blessed to say that these are now my TOP 5 Schools 🙌🏾 , thanks to all the schools that recruited me !! @ChadSimmons_@jeffsentell

 
 

 

Walker, who measures 6-foot-3, 215 pounds, is rated the No. 229 overall prospect, No. 14 outside linebacker and No. 23 Georgia recruit by the 247Sports Composite where three of the site’s recruiting experts predict he will sign with UGA. Ole Miss was the most recent team to extend a scholarship offer (March 28), but did not make the cut along with Mississippi State.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kd4au said:

Well those are the top 5 programs in the SEC.

uat on top. This one hurts. Hope that AU produces on the field this year or we won't be having a top 15 class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

uat on top. This one hurts. Hope that AU produces on the field this year or we won't be having a top 15 class. 

I guess not going thru with hiring his high school coach as a analyst is what swung this the other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I guess not going thru with hiring his high school coach as a analyst is what swung this the other way.

Probably more to do with we have not recruited him much since the last time he visited AU. We are only taking 2 LBs right now & Zakolby McClain looks to be in a good spot to be 1 of the 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Probably more to do with we have not recruited him much since the last time he visited AU. We are only taking 2 LBs right now & Zakolby McClain looks to be in a good spot to be 1 of the 2.

I guess Twill thinks Quay is SAWWWWWWWWWWWWFT! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Probably more to do with we have not recruited him much since the last time he visited AU. We are only taking 2 LBs right now & Zakolby McClain looks to be in a good spot to be 1 of the 2.

Oh boy, Mikey not gonna like this.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Oh boy, Mikey not gonna like this.

Nnnnnnope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Oh boy, Mikey not gonna like this.

Don't like at all. Two isn't enough to maintain, let alone improve. We are only one class away from signing only one. "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."  Our history of having a crappy defense after under-recruiting the LB position should be fresh enough in certain people's memory that they don't fall into that pit again this soon. We'll see.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Don't like at all. Two isn't enough to maintain, let alone improve. We are only one class away from signing only one. "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."  Our history of having a crappy defense after under-recruiting the LB position should be fresh enough in certain people's memory that they don't fall into that pit again this soon. We'll see.

Preach MR LBer guru.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mikey said:

Don't like at all. Two isn't enough to maintain, let alone improve. We are only one class away from signing only one. "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."  Our history of having a crappy defense after under-recruiting the LB position should be fresh enough in certain people's memory that they don't fall into that pit again this soon. We'll see.

Don't question our coaches, they know a little about recruiting....

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Don't question our coaches, they know a little about recruiting....

Literally exactly what I think everytime I see posts like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Literally exactly what I think everytime I see posts like that. 

Funny just have to trust Barfield, little Terry, Tommy, Gene, And now Gus...woops I left out Pat:poke:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Funny just have to trust Barfield, little Terry, Tommy, Gene, And now Gus...woops I left out Pat:poke:

Hey Golf who is your favorite Auburn head coach that's been at Auburn in your lifetime? John Heisman? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Hey Golf who is your favorite Auburn head coach that's been at Auburn in your lifetime? John Heisman? 

Shug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Don't question our coaches, they know a little about recruiting....

SsLkoMZ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Shug

It was a failed attempt at a golf is old joke :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

SsLkoMZ.gif

No sarcastic. Pointing out the hypocrisy of him getting so amped up at me saying something about needing safeties when he's been doing this about linebackers for the past decade or so

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cole256 said:

No sarcastic. Pointing out the hypocrisy of him getting so amped up at me saying something about needing safeties when he's been doing this about linebackers for the past decade or so

I got amped up at you saying we needed safeties? When? Lets see a link.  I did make a remark several months ago about you getting butthurt because our coaches signed a kid other than the one you selected for them. I guess you are still sore about that? Apples and oranges anyway. Numbers at a position is an entirely different thing than you saying the coaches made a mistake because they signed some other kid and let your cousin slide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Hey Golf who is your favorite Auburn head coach that's been at Auburn in your lifetime? John Heisman? 

Close but no soup for you..................

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

It was a failed attempt at a golf is old joke :(

 

No it wasn't well maybe a little bit......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now