2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

If the Dean kid isn't good enough to get an offer, Walker shouldn't waste his talent hitching his wagon to him. I mean, maybe that kid is a stud too, but as he said, we haven't even offered.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

There is still time. Assuming we want him bad (I don't know if that is true or not) than it appears he wants to be wanted. T-Will needs to show interest on a more regular basis. 

The million dollar question.

I do not think anyone will outwork T will when he wants a guy. So IDK what to believe when he says the lines of communication has dried up. That does not sound like T will. A lot of this is a 2 way street. The kid has to WANT to communicate to said recruiter as well. I remember reading Garner tried like hell to talk up Aubrey Solomon all the time but the kid was "tough to reach" which is code for the kid is not that interested. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well we made top 5... link

Cordele, Ga. linebacker Quay Walker knows which conference he wants to play in, but he’s not sure which team.

The 4-star prospect out of Crisp County dropped an all-SEC top five on Twitter Wednesday.

I am blessed to say that these are now my TOP 5 Schools ?? , thanks to all the schools that recruited me !! @ChadSimmons_@jeffsentell

Walker, who measures 6-foot-3, 215 pounds, is rated the No. 229 overall prospect, No. 14 outside linebacker and No. 23 Georgia recruit by the 247Sports Composite where three of the site’s recruiting experts predict he will sign with UGA. Ole Miss was the most recent team to extend a scholarship offer (March 28), but did not make the cut along with Mississippi State.

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

uat on top. This one hurts. Hope that AU produces on the field this year or we won't be having a top 15 class. 

I guess not going thru with hiring his high school coach as a analyst is what swung this the other way.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I guess not going thru with hiring his high school coach as a analyst is what swung this the other way.

Probably more to do with we have not recruited him much since the last time he visited AU. We are only taking 2 LBs right now & Zakolby McClain looks to be in a good spot to be 1 of the 2.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Probably more to do with we have not recruited him much since the last time he visited AU. We are only taking 2 LBs right now & Zakolby McClain looks to be in a good spot to be 1 of the 2.

I guess Twill thinks Quay is SAWWWWWWWWWWWWFT! lol

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Oh boy, Mikey not gonna like this.

19 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Oh boy, Mikey not gonna like this.

Don't like at all. Two isn't enough to maintain, let alone improve. We are only one class away from signing only one. "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."  Our history of having a crappy defense after under-recruiting the LB position should be fresh enough in certain people's memory that they don't fall into that pit again this soon. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Don't like at all. Two isn't enough to maintain, let alone improve. We are only one class away from signing only one. "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."  Our history of having a crappy defense after under-recruiting the LB position should be fresh enough in certain people's memory that they don't fall into that pit again this soon. We'll see.

Preach MR LBer guru.

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

Don't question our coaches, they know a little about recruiting....

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Literally exactly what I think everytime I see posts like that. 

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Literally exactly what I think everytime I see posts like that. 

Funny just have to trust Barfield, little Terry, Tommy, Gene, And now Gus...woops I left out Pat:poke:

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Funny just have to trust Barfield, little Terry, Tommy, Gene, And now Gus...woops I left out Pat:poke:

Hey Golf who is your favorite Auburn head coach that's been at Auburn in your lifetime? John Heisman? 

14 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Hey Golf who is your favorite Auburn head coach that's been at Auburn in your lifetime? John Heisman? 

Shug

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

SsLkoMZ.gif

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

SsLkoMZ.gif

No sarcastic. Pointing out the hypocrisy of him getting so amped up at me saying something about needing safeties when he's been doing this about linebackers for the past decade or so

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

No sarcastic. Pointing out the hypocrisy of him getting so amped up at me saying something about needing safeties when he's been doing this about linebackers for the past decade or so

I got amped up at you saying we needed safeties? When? Lets see a link.  I did make a remark several months ago about you getting butthurt because our coaches signed a kid other than the one you selected for them. I guess you are still sore about that? Apples and oranges anyway. Numbers at a position is an entirely different thing than you saying the coaches made a mistake because they signed some other kid and let your cousin slide.

12 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Close but no soup for you..................

Archived