2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

D is starting to get to the point where we are Reloading instead of Rebuilding with the exception of Safety

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

D is starting to get to the point where we are Reloading instead of Rebuilding with the exception of Safety

Which is a very good place to be in. 

On 11/29/2017 at 9:28 AM, mcgufcm said:

If you add any of those three, this turns into a pretty impressive LB class with Harris, McClain, LB X, Marsh (who is more like Old Man Atkinson than any other player on the current roster), and Jibunor (a true standup Buck player who will move around and likely drop to coverage at times).

Yeah, if Bryant takes off and Jibunor is as good as we think, I'm hoping we move Moultry back to LB. I think Davis will fill Tre's spot and I would like to keep TD on the field. I think ideally he plays DWill s spot but we need this young LBs to step in since we are losing our starting Three LBs in two years. Just my opinion

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah, if Bryant takes off and Jibunor is as good as we think, I'm hoping we move Moultry back to LB. I think Davis will fill Tre's spot and I would like to keep TD on the field. I think ideally he plays DWill s spot but we need this young LBs to step in since we are losing our starting Three LBs in two years. Just my opinion

TD has looked awfully good rushing the passer...

30 minutes ago, fredst said:

TD has looked awfully good rushing the passer...

You mean D. Has. We haven't seen TD yet!!! Put him at LB. ;D

He's going to be a star at Buck. TD's not changing spots. He'll just have a more flexible deployment over time. More dropping into coverage and less predictable rushing.

I couldn't believe how many reps TD got in the IB. Every snap he was in on meant a couple very good and more experienced guys were resting. Against the #1 team in the country and with the SEC West belt on the line. 

Um, yeah, I think we can have pretty high expectations for him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know how big of a factor Pruitt leaving Bama is for Quay? I would imagine pretty big though not as big it is for JJP. 

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Anybody know how big of a factor Pruitt leaving Bama is for Quay? I would imagine pretty big though not as big it is for JJP. 

He was not a major part in Quay's recruitment. Ansley is.

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Just to be sure...The only team Quay is possible to flip to is us... Right @ellitor?

No. UGa is & has been in the race as long as us.

Currently, our LB recruiting in this class is at the "barely maintain" level. We need Walker or a LB of similar quality to make any progress. That's not a complaint about the two (or three, depending on where Marsh plays) that we already have signed, it's a statement about numbers. History of the LB position both at AU and other schools,is that around 50% of linebacker signees don't work out at that position. We need one more.

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Currently, our LB recruiting in this class is at the "barely maintain" level. We need Walker or a LB of similar quality to make any progress. That's not a complaint about the two (or three, depending on where Marsh plays) that we already have signed, it's a statement about numbers. History of the LB position both at AU and other schools,is that around 50% of linebacker signees don't work out at that position. We need one more.

Except that T-Will has only lost Colbert & Threat & developed the LBs on roster well. When he takes another job at another school then we can start taking more again out of need. Take Walker cuz kid is a beast, not out of need.

Great point, E. Our retention rate and development rate has moved, which allows us to be less desperate for warm bodies. That said, there is one position that is desperate for warm bodies. 3 in two years is not good and will be felt well before any issues at LB

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That said, there is one position that is desperate for warm bodies. 3 in two years is not good and will be felt well before any issues at LB

I take it you are talking about safety?

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Great point, E. Our retention rate and development rate has moved, which allows us to be less desperate for warm bodies. That said, there is one position that is desperate for warm bodies. 3 in two years is not good and will be felt well before any issues at LB

I totally agree. Depth at longsnapper is REALLY a position of concern for our team right now. :Sing:

Aren’t they full on recruiting numbers yet?

Ive been a big @Mikey supporter for years when it comes to LB recruiting. However, I like where we are right now (amazing how quickly that has turned around). Our retention is much better than it was, AND we run a lot of 2LB sets, so there aren’t as many LB snaps to go around.  With that said, I really hope we land QW!!!

As for Safeties, we are “supermodel on weigh-in Day” thin!!!  I like this class we have coming in, and we need another one like it in 2019 to be where we need to be. 

I agree @McLoofus, Safety is the new LB, and @bigbird is the new @Mikey

Archived