2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McClain is pretty small for a LB. Does anybody see him going to safety if he can't gain weight? I remember his star rating dropping because he didn't fill out like ppl thought he would for his senior year.

24 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

McClain is pretty small for a LB. Does anybody see him going to safety if he can't gain weight? I remember his star rating dropping because he didn't fill out like ppl thought he would for his senior year.

AU has no plans for him as a Safety FWIW.

25 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

McClain is (so far) my favorite LB of the class. He's fast and and a GREAT tackler 

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

He's determined to gain 25 lbs. FWIW

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Bird is the Mikey of safeties.

And, to be fair to both guys, safeties are the safeties of linebackers. Wait, what, can somebody please explain to me what I just said

I think using safeties twice in one sentence gets you a demerit. Wait, is this @bigbird

Safety-Monitor-fez_grande.jpg

@Mikey has been very consistent on 2 things on this board.  His opinion about LBers and the numbers on attrition.  Most attrition happens after spring practice.  we just lost a LB/HB that was recruited as a LBer.  I for one would like to keep up the paranoia of needing another LBer in this class.  sticking it to the bams and pups surely doesnt have anything to do with my opinion either ...

and safeties!!!  although dont you guys think a quality grad transfer can fill the safety positions better than other places on D?  <-- legit question.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

and safeties!!!  although dont you guys think a quality grad transfer can fill the safety positions better than other places on D?  <-- legit question.

I wouldn’t say that.  Blake Countess did a very fine job for us in 2015.  Honestly he was critical for us.  Our defense definitely went through growing pains that year, but he was a consistent force back there. 

On 12/21/2017 at 11:05 AM, thaitopher said:

I totally agree. Depth at longsnapper is REALLY a position of concern for our team right now. :Sing:

I'm not sure about that....I mean who is going to play the Batman????!!!!

On 12/21/2017 at 10:23 AM, ellitor said:

Except that T-Will has only lost Colbert & Threat & developed the LBs on roster well. When he takes another job at another school then we can start taking more again out of need. Take Walker cuz kid is a beast, not out of need.

When another school offers T-Will a position or pay upgrade, we need to make sure we throw him a better one.  Do whatever it takes to keep him.  I am prepared to offer a few of my extended family members as tribute.  

IT BLOWS MY MIND how any stud recruit that T will is after would want to go somewhere else!!! THIS MAN connects with recruits more than anyone I have ever seen!!!! JJ Peterson and Channing Tindall both have said their closest relationship with a coach was with T Will. THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU NOT CHOOSE US?!?!? Your loss. Channing Tindall is going to go play for goober bowl cut greasy mcgee and peterson will go play for asparagus. Their loss!!! SCREW EM!!! T WILL IS KAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN T WILL FOREVER!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IT BLOWS MY MIND how any stud recruit that T will is after would want to go somewhere else!!! THIS MAN connects with recruits more than anyone I have ever seen!!!! JJ Peterson and Channing Tindall both have said their closest relationship with a coach was with T Will. THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU NOT CHOOSE US?!?!? Your loss. Channing Tindall is going to go play for goober bowl cut greasy mcgee and peterson will go play for asparagus. Their loss!!! SCREW EM!!! T WILL IS KAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN T WILL FOREVER!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Let’s hope Walker comes to us. 

16 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Let’s hope Walker comes to us. 

With bama probaly going to lose peterson who was a lock to go there till pruitt got hired at UT walker is of even more importance to them.  I have my doubts.

On 12/21/2017 at 7:41 PM, WFE12 said:

He's determined to gain 25 lbs. FWIW

I am determined to lose 25 lb, but been trying too for 5 yrs now

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

With bama probaly going to lose peterson who was a lock to go there till pruitt got hired at UT walker is of even more importance to them.  I have my doubts.

I do have a hard time seeing them lose JJ to UTenn once Nick puts the pressure on him.  

On 12/21/2017 at 9:23 AM, ellitor said:

Except that T-Will has only lost Colbert & Threat & developed the LBs on roster well. When he takes another job at another school then we can start taking more again out of need. Take Walker cuz kid is a beast, not out of need.

Let's look at this a minute:

Class of '15: five LB signees, one gone, one moved to DE, three still at LB

Class of '16: one signed and now gone.

So we're at six signees, only three still at LB. That's 50% no longer playing LB at AU. As I've always said, the retention rate at LB is abnormally low and T-Will isn't changing that any.

Class of '17, three signed, one moved to DE and the jury still out on the other two. That's as close to the 50% mark as you can get when starting with three.

I don't think Walker is a luxury, he's a necessity unless we're suddenly going to defy a trend that's been true for LB's at AU and other major schools for years. The "disappointment rate", for lack of a better term, is higher at LB than it is at most positions and recruiting target numbers need to reflect this fact.

Now, looking at the bigger picture, moving Holland and Moultry to DE is hardly a disappointment but nonetheless, they are gone from the LB position and adjustments in recruiting should be made accordingly.

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

Let's look at this a minute:

Class of '15: five LB signees, one gone, one moved to DE, three still at LB

Class of '16: one signed and now gone.

So we're at six signees, only three still at LB. That's 50% no longer playing LB at AU. As I've always said, the retention rate at LB is abnormally low and T-Will isn't changing that any.

Class of '17, three signed, one moved to DE and the jury still out on the other two. That's as close to the 50% mark as you can get when starting with three.

I don't think Walker is a luxury, he's a necessity unless we're suddenly going to defy a trend that's been true for LB's at AU and other major schools for years. The "disappointment rate", for lack of a better term, is higher at LB than it is at most positions and recruiting target numbers need to reflect this fact.

Now, looking at the bigger picture, moving Holland and Moultry to DE is hardly a disappointment but nonetheless, they are gone from the LB position and adjustments in recruiting should be made accordingly.

Mikey - I’m crossing my fingers that we sign Caleb Tannor & Quay Walker with 2 of these last 5+ spots. We have 3 Buck DE’s on the roster (if Holland comes back) and 3 SDE’s. We can use Tannor or Oladele as the 4th Buck DE and move the other to SDE. This would allow us to keep Jibunor as a true LB. 

With Holland & Moultry (highly rated LB’s) being moved to Buck, it’s about time that we reversed the trend. Jibunor won MVP honors at three different camps at three different positions: DL, LB, & DB. The kid has the versatility to play anywhere on the field. With his speed & athleticism, I think he would be best utilized as a LB. That would give us 4 LB’s in this class and help us to finally start building talented depth at this position of need!

• 2 weeks later...

So uh safe to say we're done with ole Quay right? Those georgia rumors are fueled even more now...Top choices are in the NC. Great for us.

16 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

So uh safe to say we're done with ole Quay right? Those georgia rumors are fueled even more now...Top choices are in the NC. Great for us.

Why? As E always says, its not about results on the field as much as it is about relationships. I am not sure if yesterday really changes anything for him. 

Archived