Those who voted for Trump...

savorytiger

• 3 months later...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highlights...excellent Supreme Court Justice, almost immediately reversed about a dozen or so bad Obama exec orders....oh...and got rid of a bad FBI Director.(belatedly)..reduced illegal immigration by about 75% according to some recent reports and cut back on untold numbers of costly regulations from various Federal agencies.  Created a positive climate to help revive manufacturing and general  industry in the US....Just to mention a number of things that never would have happened under HC.

I wish he would keep his finger  off Twitter but IMO, that crap is more than offset by the stuff I approve of...and why I voted against HC.

Oh..and best of all, he is driving Dems nuts....just love hearing Maxine and Elizabeth....both sound certifiable when they get wound up.

I have not been following his presidency very closely. I find it almost impossible to determine how he is really doing because most of what we hear is either distractions from the left or distractions from the right. I still don't understand that importance of the Russia situation because I cannot understand what the Trump administration is being accused of. I think it is an intentional distraction.

I am glad that we may have slowed our descent into globalization and into a more socialized form of government.

I am disappointed that Trump did not try to unite the country when he first took office. It would have been SO easy to say, "I am not worried about repealing Obamacare, instead I just want to improve upon it. Let's work together to actually try to fix healthcare." He chose to go the partisan route.

I am disappointed that Trump does not have the discipline to refrain from saying things and tweeting things that are not in ANYONE'S best interest.

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Highlights...excellent Supreme Court Justice, almost immediately reversed about a dozen or so bad Obama exec orders....oh...and got rid of a bad FBI Director.(belatedly)..reduced illegal immigration by about 75% according to some recent reports and cut back on untold numbers of costly regulations from various Federal agencies.  Created a positive climate to help revive manufacturing and general  industry in the US....Just to mention a number of things that never would have happened under HC.

I wish he would keep his finger  off Twitter but IMO, that crap is more than offset by the stuff I approve of...and why I voted against HC.

Oh..and best of all, he is driving Dems nuts....just love hearing Maxine and Elizabeth....both sound certifiable when they get wound up.

Well said. Also in 2016 our military was a laughing stock in the eyes of other countries. I like the way Trump has reasserted our military strength. Now everybody has seen that if you mess with the bull, you will definitely get the horns and we are no longer considered a doormat to be stepped on. I just wish he didn't feel obligated to answer every single attack made on him by overbearing democrats that have made it their #1 priority to bully Trump as long as he is in office. He needs to pick and choose whom he chooses to retort to, and just ignore the rest of the idiots out there.

16 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Well said. Also in 2016 our military was a laughing stock in the eyes of other countries. I like the way Trump has reasserted our military strength. Now everybody has seen that if you mess with the bull, you will definitely get the horns and we are no longer considered a doormat to be stepped on. I just wish he didn't feel obligated to answer every single attack made on him by overbearing democrats that have made it their #1 priority to bully Trump as long as he is in office. He needs to pick and choose whom he chooses to retort to, and just ignore the rest of the idiots out there.

Would love to know how you figure this one.  In 2016, we spent more on our military than the next nine highest spending countries combined.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Would love to know how you figure this one.  In 2016, we spent more on our military than the next nine highest spending countries combined.

Maybe so, I don't know about all that, but I do know our military was not respected or feared like it is now. If what you say is true, then it was just wasted money b/c it did not get utilized.

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Maybe so, I don't know about all that, but I do know our military was not respected or feared like it is now. If what you say is true, then it was just wasted money b/c it did not get utilized.

It's true and easily verifiable.   Also, just because we aren't bombing everyone doesn't mean the money isn't getting utilized.  It's that we are using our might as a deterrent to promote peace.  Notice that no country has attacked us first in a militarily strike since 1941.  And also notice that countries never try to mess with our full military.  It's because we have more bombs, soldiers, and weapons technology than everyone else, and it's not even close.  With the exception of North Korea, the people that are causing problems on the ground are religious zealots, not recognized countries.  And North Korea just talks a big game but they have zero intention of provoking us into a war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

http://www.globalfirepower.com/defense-spending-budget.asp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/02/09/this-remarkable-chart-shows-how-u-s-defense-spending-dwarfs-the-rest-of-the-world/?utm_term=.e3d69e13d0f2

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's true and easily verifiable.   Also, just because we aren't bombing everyone doesn't mean the money isn't getting utilized.  It's that we are using our might as a deterrent to promote peace.  Notice that no country has attacked us first in a militarily strike since 1941.  And also notice that countries never try to mess with our full military.  It's because we have more bombs, soldiers, and weapons technology than everyone else, and it's not even close.  With the exception of North Korea, the people that are causing problems on the ground are religious zealots, not recognized countries.  And North Korea just talks a big game but they have zero intention of provoking us into a war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

http://www.globalfirepower.com/defense-spending-budget.asp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/02/09/this-remarkable-chart-shows-how-u-s-defense-spending-dwarfs-the-rest-of-the-world/?utm_term=.e3d69e13d0f2

If Hillary had won, I'm quite sure this fact would have changed in a short matter of time. Now with Trump it will continue to be true. What you said about N. Korea is true, but if we go to war with them, it won't last long.

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

If Hillary had won, I'm quite sure this fact would have changed in a short matter of time. Now with Trump it will continue to be true. What you said about N. Korea is true, but if we go to war with them, it won't last long.

That's an ignorant argument that belies everything we know about Hillary.  People assumed that Hillary was a continuation of Obama.  Obama approved spending this much on the military and Hillary is actually more of a defense hawk than Obama.  Remember, she approved of going into Iraq in 2003.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

That's an ignorant argument that belies everything we know about Hillary.  People assumed that Hillary was a continuation of Obama.  Obama approved spending this much on the military and Hillary is actually more of a defense hawk than Obama.  Remember, she approved of going into Iraq in 2003.

Bingo!!! That's why I didn't vote for her.

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Bingo!!! That's why I didn't vote for her.

You really didn't read the rest of my post, did you?  The point was that she is not Obama.  In fact, she's much more traditional and conservative than him.

29 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You really didn't read the rest of my post, did you?  The point was that she is not Obama.  In fact, she's much more traditional and conservative than him.

Your opinion. Mine is different. Agree to disagree?

5 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Your opinion. Mine is different. Agree to disagree?

I can always agree to disagree.  It's what civilized people do when facts could be disputed.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I can always agree to disagree.  It's what civilized people do when facts could be disputed.

Good. These discussions should never get too personal. Have a great day.

16 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Good. These discussions should never get too personal. Have a great day.

You as well

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

I have not been following his presidency very closely. I find it almost impossible to determine how he is really doing because most of what we hear is either distractions from the left or distractions from the right. I still don't understand that importance of the Russia situation because I cannot understand what the Trump administration is being accused of. I think it is an intentional distraction.

I am glad that we may have slowed our descent into globalization and into a more socialized form of government.

I am disappointed that Trump did not try to unite the country when he first took office. It would have been SO easy to say, "I am not worried about repealing Obamacare, instead I just want to improve upon it. Let's work together to actually try to fix healthcare." He chose to go the partisan route.

I am disappointed that Trump does not have the discipline to refrain from saying things and tweeting things that are not in ANYONE'S best interest.

You are correct that trump did not attempt to unite the country. He loves division apparently. It's easier to feed your base who is going to worship you no matter what I guess. As far as what trump is accused of in regards to Russia, for me it's not a matter of stealing the election. It's a matter of what Russia expects in return for helping trump. I believe there was collusion but doubt it can be proven. That is what is being investigated. IMO. Not sure we are accusing him yet or ever will but it is worth listening looking at.

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

How has anything changed in the last 4 months?  Sure, Trump launched a bunch of cruise missiles at a Syrian airfield that didn't even put the field out of commission for one full day.  But Trump's proposed increase in military spending in next year's budget hasn't even passed yet.  I don't see how there could be any change in our military readiness or capabilities in the last 6-12 months, and therefore any change in the respect it gets.

Feared?  Yes, many of us as well as many overseas fear what Trump might do.  But that's more about apprehensions regarding Trump's personal instability and irrational behavior, not a change in our military strength.

I don't think there's been any change in our military abilities or the world's opinion of them (which I certainly would not describe as 'not respected or feared') in the 4 months of the new Administration.  If anything, one could argue that the poor results from Trump's missile strike and questions regarding the integrity of a major military figure like Gen. Michael Flynn may have diminished international respect for or fear of the U.S. military.

37 minutes ago, quietfan said:

How has anything changed in the last 4 months?  Sure, Trump launched a bunch of cruise missiles at a Syrian airfield that didn't even put the field out of commission for one full day.  But Trump's proposed increase in military spending in next year's budget hasn't even passed yet.  I don't see how there could be any change in our military readiness or capabilities in the last 6-12 months, and therefore any change in the respect it gets.

Feared?  Yes, many of us as well as many overseas fear what Trump might do.  But that's more about apprehensions regarding Trump's personal instability and irrational behavior, not a change in our military strength.

I don't think there's been any change in our military abilities or the world's opinion of them (which I certainly would not describe as 'not respected or feared') in the 4 months of the new Administration.  If anything, one could argue that the poor results from Trump's missile strike and questions regarding the integrity of a major military figure like Gen. Michael Flynn may have diminished international respect for or fear of the U.S. military.

Some people think they're poor results, some people think they're good results. I feel safe when me and my family go to bed at night and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

7 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Some people think they're poor results, some people think they're good results. I feel safe when me and my family go to bed at night and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Not the best barometer to go by, but my 401K has been killing it since November.

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Not the best barometer to go by, but my 401K has been killing it since November.

I believe you, but the hardcore dem's on this site will want a copy of your records before they believe it. If your fortunes continue to grow how about sharing the wealth?

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

I believe you, but the hardcore dem's on this site will want a copy of your records before they believe it. If your fortunes continue to grow how about sharing the wealth?

Hey, my retirement is doing well too. Just hope this isn't a dead cat bounce.

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

Hey, my retirement is doing well too. Just hope this isn't a dead cat bounce.

Never heard this phrase. Please explain the meaning.

8 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

It's been killing it since 2009. Look it up.

11 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Never heard this phrase. Please explain the meaning.

A temporary recovery that is followed by a downtrend.

Archived