Baseball Cleared of Violations By NCAA (Merged)

7 hours ago, boomstick said:

Right. Minor NCAA violations occurred, and I'm guessing, having not read the contract, Auburn believed those violations were enough to fire Galloway with cause. I guess that's what happens when you dare your boss to fire you. He's going to find a way to fire you.

Your probably right but I think Duval was behind this, even if SG was committing minor violations. I think SG didn't like Duval and once Duval got upset over being fired from director of the baseball camp he went to Jacobs. Basically, Duval had a lot of reason to want SG out. I've moved on from this because it is what it is and CBT is doing a great job. I wasn't on his train for a bit but he has the guys playing really well

Regardless of the details ... Jacobs wanted to screw Galloway and he did.  

Tomorrow phillip Marshall will have an article that is a tiny bit about the win over USCe and make sure it states somewhere that Jacobs was fired for cause...

this was not our athletic departments finest hour.

... and E this is the first I've heard (or remember) of an actual letter from the NCAA exonerating Galloway.  I actually think this is a kind of big deal.  If I was the new president, I'd want to know why a coach was fired over something that other coaches wouldn't even have a meeting about.

8 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Regardless of the details ... Jacobs wanted to screw Galloway and he did.  

Tomorrow phillip Marshall will have an article that is a tiny bit about the win over USCe and make sure it states somewhere that Jacobs was fired for cause...

this was not our athletic departments finest hour.

... and E this is the first I've heard (or remember) of an actual letter from the NCAA exonerating Galloway. I actually think this is a kind of big deal.  If I was the new president, I'd want to know why a coach was fired over something that other coaches wouldn't even have a meeting about.

It's a very big deal.

Agree with the above several posts.  I've been a supporter of JJ most of the time because I think he has been underappreciated for what he's done at AU...., managed to keep over-eager alums and coaches from getting us into NCAA trouble and has been fiscally responsible with the athletic program.....but it''s time for him to go.  

Someone...maybe a PTB probably told JJ that he was tired of getting calls about that "horses arse baseball coach....find a way to get rid of him"...or maybe it was Duval.  Anyway, JJ went about doing it....likely to curry favor with someone.     

It could have been done legally and ethically by just buying out the deal or negotiating some termination....but instead, he chose an unethical approach ...in essence, voiding the contract by ruining the guys reputation and career.with bogus charges of big NCAA violations.  Probably he was wanting to cut that fine line between what could be a considered as a "firing offense" without being serious enough to actually get the school in trouble.  Looking more and more like that clever plan did not work. 

The way it was handled was stupid, unethical and has probably turned out to be expensive if the school's lawyers get paid as much as mine does. This is not quite "jet-gate" I guess, but it's close enough in my view.

We will soon have a new President at AU so maybe it's time for Gouge to give the new guy a " welcome gift"   by encouraging JJ to call it a career....to gather his accolades and as a reward, give him a prime seat in JHS next to David Housel.

Like the first post said, I hope Golloway takes down Jay Jacobs on this, he is flat out a liar and he should be treated as such.

Archived