uat Postgame W[82-77]

ShocksMyBrain

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win in true Auburn fashion. They just had to raise my heart rate. :laugh:

Good game. Not going to get too excited though because this team needs to prove they can get a string of wins. Need to win at least one this week, but if we can win both then we'd be 6-6 in the league which isn't bad

uat showed great resilience. Not enough. Big, big win on the road. 5-6 straight turnovers looked bad but great to see Brown and Purifoy get back into the swing of things. 

I don't care if it's 100 or 1, beating that team is a joy. 

Great last minute by Heron to get the foul shots and save the game . A scary finish a great win over Bama and nice to get this sweep. Mostly, it was really good to see Purifoy back in form. 

Great to sweep Bama although I almost died during the last 2 minutes of the game.

One more win and it's the first non-losing season since the NIT appearance in the 2008-2009 season.  I know for many casual watchers, judging by the social media comments after AUFAMILY makes a fb post/tweet/etc, if this team doesn't make the NCAA tournament then it will be considered "same ole Auburn basketball," but that's unfair to what CBP is accomplishing.  I'll take a winning season and an NIT bid with a smile on my face.

23 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

One more win and it's the first non-losing season since the NIT appearance in the 2008-2009 season.  I know for many casual watchers, judging by the social media comments after AUFAMILY makes a fb post/tweet/etc, if this team doesn't make the NCAA tournament then it will be considered "same ole Auburn basketball," but that's unfair to what CBP is accomplishing.  I'll take a winning season and an NIT bid with a smile on my face.

NIT is a whole lot more than 1 win away.... If we keep up the same up and down trend we've had all season we won't make the NIT. However, just getting in the black for once would still be nice ? 

Round the bowl, down the hole......

War Damn Eagle!

4 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

We are very close to nit.

We'd likely have to win 4 out of the next 8 or 3 and a SEC tourney win.  Possible yes. Not sure if I'd call it likely, but definitely possible.  3 more likely gets us to CBI at least.  I'd say 3 more is likely with as many as 6 possible. Win 5 of 8 and get 2 SEC tourney wins and we are on the bubble of the real tourney. I'd say that's highly improbable at this point, but winning tonight left it as still a possibility. 

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

We'd likely have to win 4 out of the next 8 or 3 and a SEC tourney win.  Possible yes. Not sure if I'd call it likely, but definitely possible.  3 more likely gets us to CBI at least.  I'd say 3 more is likely with as many as 6 possible. Win 5 of 8 and get 2 SEC tourney wins and we are on the bubble of the real tourney. I'd say that's highly improbable at this point, but winning tonight left it as still a possibility. 

Ageeed. With this team, im not betting the farm.  But it's a damn far cry from where we've been the last dang decade of basketball.  Haven't seen au basketball this exciting since the cliff dwellers. It's just nice to even think about post season instead of wondering if we could upset someone in the sec tourney.  I see us being able to Take the miss schools and the only "lock" loss being uf... we could make things very interesting

Main problem with needing 2 wins in the SEC tourney, there's a 75 percent chance we'd get either USCe, Florida or KY in the second game... we'd pretty much have to finish in 5th place and meet whoever is in 4th in the second game to win 2. 

Archived