Who ya got tonight?

GwillMac6

I think falcons have been the best team in the league the whole year. I think they win 35-31. Just enough defense.

I really see this game as a toss up.  Hard to bet against Tom Brady. I am pulling for the Falcons to win. They went against my boy Elway last time. Falcons have played very well as of late. 

Like him or not.  Tom Brady is the best ever. Just cerebral.  Fantastic game. 

Oh and Atlanta chokes again. 

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Well that was simply amazing. Brady= greatest all-time. 

He might be but that game has little to do with it. As Bird pointed out that major choke job by Atlanta. Shannahan calling passes in easy field goal range under 4 minutes left up 8 points & Matty Ice taking the sack he did. You play for the 2 score lead there by running the ball & kicking the field goal. if you throw it for some God awful reason, under no circumstance there to you take a sack. 2 inexplicably horribly poor decisions by 2 very experienced people at their jobs.

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I've said it before and still stand by it. Those OT rules are the absolute worst.

It's slightly better than it used to be when you could play for a winning field goal on the first possesion but yes they are still awful.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I've said it before and still stand by it. Those OT rules are the absolute worst.

Especially for the Superbowl, both teams need a shot. They could still make it a one-up situation. They made that the case if the first possession ends with a FG, the opposing team gets a chance. That was after the Saints beat the Vikings to go to Superbowl on a 50 yarder on the first possession. 

If the first scores a FG, the second team has to score a TD. If the first is a TD, the second needs a TD and 2 point conversion unless the other team misses extra point.  

They should make it to where the only way the OT ends on the first series is if that team elects to go for 2 for the win.  

This would keep the sudden death they like and give the other team a chance, unless the first team goes for the win on a play that could give the other team an advantage if they miss. 

New England had all the momentum and got the ball first.  Falcons basically were sitting ducks. 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

They should make it to where the only way the OT ends on the first series is if that team elects to go for 2 for the win.  

Nope. Every team should get the same number of posessions. Each team start from the 35 & after every touchdown teams should have to go for 2.

Falcons are my 3rd favorite team after Steelers and Chiefs but god almighty I feel sick as a frickin dog. I'm still in shock matty is such a great guy/person but sometimes I think he has lost his mind never ever take a sack down in field goal rang. I think even if Falcons get the foield goal and go up by 10 they still lose. damn it all to hell they're killing me

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I hate them the odds go with the team that win the toss................sucks

Sucks to say but Brady is the best I ever saw..........................................Falcon def.  was toast in the 4th quarter of course Falcons off. didn't help

Patriots got down and played great situational football to get back in it. Some great plays by Dante Hightower, Julian Edelman, James White and Tom Brady helped tie it and send it to OT. Falcons didn't execute down the stretch. Patriots did. Well deserved. 

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

He might be but that game has little to do with it. As Bird pointed out that major choke job by Atlanta. Shannahan calling passes in easy field goal range under 4 minutes left up 8 points & Matty Ice taking the sack he did. You play for the 2 score lead there by running the ball & kicking the field goal. if you throw it for some God awful reason, under no circumstance there to you take a sack. 2 inexplicably horribly poor decisions by 2 very experienced people at their jobs.

Totally agree on the Atl choke job and bad decisions but this game has more than "little to do with it" in my opinion. There are literally millions of people who woke up today with the opinion that if anyone needed any more proof as to Brady's place in history, this game solidified it. This game was the cherry on top and has a lot to do with it imo. 

I've lived in Atlanta my entire life (aside from my years at AU) and I'm now 100% certain that this city's sports teams are cursed. There is absolutely no way we should have lost that game last night. It was over. We had it won. Then our coaches exhibited the worst clock management and playcalling that I've seen in my life.

I can't even...

Archived