Who ya got tonight?

GwillMac6

3 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

I've lived in Atlanta my entire life (aside from my years at AU) and I'm now 100% certain that this city's sports teams are cursed. There is absolutely no way we should have lost that game last night. It was over. We had it won. Then our coaches exhibited the worst clock management and playcalling that I've seen in my life.

I can't even...

Curse of Chief Noc-A-Homa is what it is

I'd rather see college OT rules than the typical NFL season OT rules for the super bowl.  Gotta let the opposing team have a shot.

regardless of the OT rules used ... both teams should have an offensive possession in Super bowl OT

3 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I'd rather see college OT rules than the typical NFL season OT rules for the super bowl.  Gotta let the opposing team have a shot.

regardless of the OT rules used ... both teams should have an offensive possession in Super bowl OT

Agree but you have to agree it was destiny....Pats making two 2 point conversions when they absolutely HAD to make them in the last few minutes...showed their guts.....and of course the dumb play calling that took the Falcons out of FG territory with a couple minutes to go made the last one possible.  But...destiny....

8 hours ago, BigSammyK said:

I've lived in Atlanta my entire life (aside from my years at AU) and I'm now 100% certain that this city's sports teams are cursed. There is absolutely no way we should have lost that game last night. It was over. We had it won. Then our coaches exhibited the worst clock management and playcalling that I've seen in my life.

I can't even...

Correct.

The Braves FINALLY win the World Series....the year after the strike that cancelled the previous WS, where interest was so small that they didn't even sell out their WS tickets and TV ratings were low.  People barely even remember that they won one...

The Summer Olympics.  The ONLY Games in the history of the Olympics where the IOC doesn't call it "the greatest games ever".  Instead the get " most exceptional" which was meant as a slap to the city.

The year they held the Super Bowl in the Ga Dome ended up being Atlanta's coldest winter in, something like 50 years, and the media bitched & moaned for two weeks about it and the only thing anybody remembers about that SB was Ray Lewis helping to cover up a murder.

Atlanta is definitely a snake bit city when it comes to sports.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Correct.

The Braves FINALLY win the World Series....the year after the strike that cancelled the previous WS, where interest was so small that they didn't even sell out their WS tickets and TV ratings were low.  People barely even remember that they won one...

The Summer Olympics.  The ONLY Games in the history of the Olympics where the IOC doesn't call it "the greatest games ever".  Instead the get " most exceptional" which was meant as a slap to the city.

The year they held the Super Bowl in the Ga Dome ended up being Atlanta's coldest winter in, something like 50 years, and the media bitched & moaned for two weeks about it and the only thing anybody remembers about that SB was Ray Lewis helping to cover up a murder.

Atlanta is definitely a snake bit city when it comes to sports.

Sports is weird. the Marlins of all teams have 2 world series titles in arguably the most apathetic sports town in America. 2 world series who I might add they did not sell out a single home game in both their trips to the world series. A lot of times its a lot about luck. Cleveland one of the most passionate fanbases in all of sports has 1 title in over 60 years and they sell out game after game when  most of their teams history is being a cellar dweller.

Archived