Our O-line class for 2017

doc4aday

This information may already be out there. I would think that our O-Line class has to be a top 10 class in the country. The only thing that I could think of would be the total overall of OLs signed. A 5 star & 2 total 4 star recruits is a fantastic class no doubt. If we could have had 1 or 2 more OL added to the total, we would have the kind of class that we had with our DL for 2016.

4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

This information may already be out there. I would think that our O-Line class has to be a top 10 class in the country. The only thing that I could think of would be the total overall of OLs signed. A 5 star & 2 total 4 star recruits is a fantastic class no doubt. If we could have had 1 or 2 more OL added to the total, we would have the kind of class that we had with our DL for 2016.

Stanford landed the #2 and #3 OT in the country (Ashley was #6... Troxell #18)... both 5* and ranked 5th and 10th nationally overall.  They also landed the #7 OC (a 3*).  

bama got the #1 and #7 OTs... one a 5*, the #12 Guard (Brahams is #10), and the #12 OC.

Ohio State got the #1 and #2 OGs... one a 5*, and the #28 OT.

Georgia landed the #5 and #9 OTs... one a 5*, and the #7 and #22 OGs.

To sum up... it was one heck of an O-Line class, overall, this year (7 total 5*s), but top 10... probably... top 5 possibly.

25 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Stanford landed the #2 and #3 OT in the country (Ashley was #6... Troxell #18)... both 5* and ranked 5th and 10th nationally overall.  They also landed the #7 OC (a 3*).  

bama got the #1 and #7 OTs... one a 5*, the #12 Guard (Brahams is #10), and the #12 OC.

Ohio State got the #1 and #2 OGs... one a 5*, and the #28 OT.

Georgia landed the #5 and #9 OTs... one a 5*, and the #7 and #22 OGs.

To sum up... it was one heck of an O-Line class, overall, this year (7 total 5*s), but top 10... probably... top 5 possibly.

Thanks for saving me the research.

The potential of this class,  plus Hamm is stellar. With two coming off of leg surgery and one recovering from cancer  we will have to be patient. 

53 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

How about previous classes?  Anyone have info or perspective on how the following guys are doing?

Marquel Harrell

Kaleb Kim

Deon Mix

Tyler Carr

Mike Horton

Bailey Sharp

Prince Tega Wanogho

Prince Micheal Sammons

Heard good things on Horton, Harrell & the Princes. Nothing much on the rest.

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Kaleb Kim needs to make a move this year to be able to backup Golson.  To me it looked like he still needed to add more strength last year in limited play.

And we signed Brahms expecting him to compete for the C job by 2018 so KK will have his work cut out for him.

On 2/6/2017 at 2:37 PM, doc4aday said:

Plus we get Brodarious Hamm. So really we will have 4 new guys on team. OLine is not a problem as long as Gus is HC or even when he was OC. He knows the importance of great OLine play.

Archived