2018 4* DT D'Andre Litaker

ellitor

Free from Rivals

The Latest: After suffering a knee injury in the first game of his junior season, D’Andre Litaker worried that his recruitment might slow down. But now that he’s back close to 100 percent, he’s finding that schools never really stopped recruiting him and are more than ready to see him on campus again this spring. Rivals.com caught up with him to talk about his recruitment as well as interest from two SEC programs.

In His Words: “Everything is starting to feel good. I’m really excited to get back on the field. I’ve started running a little bit and I’ll be full go soon. It wasn’t what I planned going down and missing most of my junior season but I’m ready to come back and make up for it.”

On Auburn: “I went to Auburn over the summer and have been keeping in touch with the coaches ever since. I really liked camping there and working out with Coach Garner. He’s actually a really good coach. He was yelling at us a lot and he’s really intense, which I respect and I like. He was just really a good coach to be around … Every time I go to Auburn I’m impressed. The stadium there is one of the biggest I’ve seen and they’ve got a ton of guys that they’ve sent to the NFL and that’s something that’s impressive.”

On Florida: “Coach McElwain handles my recruitment and that means a lot to me. He’s told me that they don’t really recruit up in Tennessee that much so the fact that they’re showing interest in me means a lot. He says we have a lot of talent in the state in 2018 and they want to get up here and get some of us. Florida is a great school. I have a really good relationship with Coach Mac. It’s a school that can help you get prepared for the next level. With me getting to talk to him on a regular basis it makes me want to be a part of something they’re building there.”

Rivals Reaction: Litaker has size and athleticism that is tough to find so it’s not surprising to see several coaching staff sticking with him through his injury. Both the Tigers and the Gators will be working to get him back on campus this spring and he figured to be a regular at several schools over the next few months.

"Coach Mac says we have a lot of talent in the state (Tennessee) this year". It must be that even with all the talent in Florida, Coach Mac is getting run out of his home state. That's funny!

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

It must be that even with all the talent in Florida, Coach Mac is getting run out of his home state. That's funny!

It's true he has struggled in state but for 2018 at the moment there are the same # of 4* or better DTs in Florida as Tennessee, 2. The state's with the most 4* or better DTs are Texas (4), Cali, Louisiana, & North Carolina (3 each). Interestingly enough Georgia only has 1 at the moment.

2 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Tennessee with more talent that Florida lol I'll believe that when Browns go to Superbowl...

Didn't say nor imply more. Only said it has as many 4*s or better DTs as Florida.

NOBODY has a good history of getting kids from Murfreesboro out of the state. Either vandy or Tennessee usually

Have to admit that the growth of Nashville is playing right into the hands for the VOLS.  Nashville is a great town and definitely growing and bringing in new high schools with more talented players.  They aren't to La or Al level yet but they aren't far behind now.  

16 hours ago, corchjay said:

Have to admit that the growth of Nashville is playing right into the hands for the VOLS.  Nashville is a great town and definitely growing and bringing in new high schools with more talented players.  They aren't to La or Al level yet but they aren't far behind now.  

Of course, the Vols are always going to suffer on the field, a little, because of their admission standards.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Of course, the Vols are always going to suffer on the field, a little, because of their admission standards.

What makes you think UT's admission standards are any tougher than the rest of the SEC? The last time I checked this, all SEC schools except Vandy used the NCAA minimums for admission of scholarship athletes. Now, it certainly will take higher scores for Joe Student to get into Florida, this I know from family experience. But had Joe Student been a scholarship athlete he'd be a Gator now instead of an honor student at FSU. In the SEC, only Vandy is disadvantaged by admissions standards.

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What makes you think UT's admission standards are any tougher than the rest of the SEC? The last time I checked this, all SEC schools except Vandy used the NCAA minimums for admission of scholarship athletes. Now, it certainly will take higher scores for Joe Student to get into Florida, this I know from family experience. But had Joe Student been a scholarship athlete he'd be a Gator now instead of an honor student at FSU. In the SEC, only Vandy is disadvantaged by admissions standards.

My mistake... not focusing... I saw Vols and thought Vandy.  

On 2/7/2017 at 6:27 AM, Mikey said:

"Coach Mac says we have a lot of talent in the state (Tennessee) this year". It must be that even with all the talent in Florida, Coach Mac is getting run out of his home state. That's funny!

When Urban Cryer was head coach did he ever leave the state of Florida to recruit?

7 hours ago, milehighfan said:

When Urban Cryer was head coach did he ever leave the state of Florida to recruit?

One year he had a top three class and got like 25/28 recruits from FL (don't remember the exact numbers). The advantage for a good recruiter at UF is unreal.....

11 hours ago, milehighfan said:

He'd pick off a 5* from out of state if he could but by far the vast majority of his players were from Florida.

11 hours ago, fredst said:

One year he had a top three class and got like 25/28 recruits from FL (don't remember the exact numbers). The advantage for a good recruiter at UF is unreal.....

He had 2 classes in the top 3 at Florida, 06 (#2) & 07 (#1). Players from Florida in those classes were 15 out of 24 & 20 out of 29.

But yeah. He recruited Florida much better than Mac is. Mac only signed 2 of the top 22 players from Florida last year. in 2007 Meyer signed 7 of the top 8 players from Florida.

Well, you gotta remember the period. Meyer was recruiting against Bobby Bowden at the end of his career, fielding really mediocre (at best) FSU teams and Meyer arrived as Miami was also falling, the end of Coker and into the Shanahan period. So UF was finding it easy to attract all the best talent in the state.

Conversely, Jimbo now has the upper hand in the state, with Richt also pulling in a lot of recruits. So Mac, coming into UF after the dreadful Muschamp era, is at a competitive disadvantage in the state. Even so, he's doing pretty well. #11 recruiting class this year and the vast majority of the signees are from FL.

But back to Litaker, I'm not sure why this article only asked him about two of his offers. According to 247, UT and UGA seemed to be his leaders, but with his UGA recruiter (Rocker) gone, I'd think UT probably has the advantage. This article doesn't mention Bama, but he does have an offer from the Updykes as well.

At this point, he looks like a good get. I'm interested to see how he does his senior season.

8 hours ago, lala said:

One would argue his most dynamic player, not Tebow, was from VA.  That would be Percy Hardin

Percy Harvin was good too.:Sing:

Archived