Sark to falcons as their new OC

GwillMac6

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jluvah said:

I swear, if Chip Kelly goes to bammer as OC I'm gonna blow a gasket!!! To think what Kelly could do for AU as head coach would make our rivals shudder!

hes another malzahn. he is married to a system and not evolving at all. Sound familiar? I think his system could still work well in the big 12 and their style of play but sec? man I dunno. He would have a lot of weapons at his disposal at bama though thats for sure. Plus he hates recruiting. not a problem at alabama under saban but it would be a problem here.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

the one problem I see with lsu is still the qb. the lsu vs bama game from last year could be much of the same next season with danny etling back at qb. He is a les miles game manager type of qb through and through and offers nothing in terms of running ability. If Chip is allowed to do things HIS WAY man oh man our passing game will take off with our qb and wr talent.

LSU is in the same position as bama.  They have two QBs coming in with serious potential who could make or break their passing game, or they could rely on an ok QB.  The thing they have going for them is, last year, they had two of the worst OCs in the business.  I can't imagine them not being better this year, and all they need is to be a little bit better to beat bama.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

LSU is in the same position as bama.  They have two QBs coming in with serious potential who could make or break their passing game, or they could rely on an ok QB.  The thing they have going for them is, last year, they had two of the worst OCs in the business.  I can't imagine them not being better this year, and all they need is to be a little bit better to beat bama.

those 2 qbs do not scream starting as true freshmen type of level of talent guys. Plus narcisse is coming off back to back acl tears. They more or less have to ride it out with etling for 1 more season. Narcisse has a long way to go with his passing. Myles Brennan is their best chance down the road when it comes to their passing game. They will be better and win more games I just think their game vs bama will look like much of the same. 10-3 type of game. unfortunately its in t-town this year as well.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

unfortunately its in t-town this year as well.

There is that... hard to beat the zebras when it's on their home turf.

Of course this is a SDS article but tifwiw

Multiple sources have confirmed to SB Nation that after meetings with Alabama head coach Nick Saban following the Championship, the relationship between Saban and Sarkisian deteriorated amid disagreements in “system philosophy,” per one source. Both parties planned to move on following Signing Day last Wednesday, and Saban was aware of Sarkisian’s contact with the Falcons.

One source described the problems between Sarkisian and Saban as “too similar” to the relationship between Saban and former coordinator Kiffin.

“There was an effort on Saban’s part not to repeat the same problem. This wasn’t going to work out,” a source close to Sarkisian told SB Nation.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/report-disagreements-nick-saban-led-steve-sarkisian-leave-alabama/

If I were other SEC coaches I would be using this as fuel for recruiting. "Oh you thinking about going to Bama? Well just know you might not have your position coach or coordinator there after a month."

18 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Of course this is a SDS article but tifwiw

Multiple sources have confirmed to SB Nation that after meetings with Alabama head coach Nick Saban following the Championship, the relationship between Saban and Sarkisian deteriorated amid disagreements in “system philosophy,” per one source. Both parties planned to move on following Signing Day last Wednesday, and Saban was aware of Sarkisian’s contact with the Falcons.

One source described the problems between Sarkisian and Saban as “too similar” to the relationship between Saban and former coordinator Kiffin.

“There was an effort on Saban’s part not to repeat the same problem. This wasn’t going to work out,” a source close to Sarkisian told SB Nation.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/report-disagreements-nick-saban-led-steve-sarkisian-leave-alabama/

Yup.. because no one would ever choose to leave bama. This rings about as true as the "we didn't want him anyway" claims that follow bama losing a recruit.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

That would be interesting....not that I care, but not a good time for bama to find a name brand OC.  And just another example of an OC or influential recruiter to leave a college program after his targets are signed and delivered. 

I'm curious - how much recruiting impact do we think Sark had for this cycle?

As an analyst for the bulk of this class's recruiting period, was he even allowed contact? Was it mostly after the NC game that he would've been doing his recruiting?

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yup.. because no one would ever choose to leave bama. This rings about as true as the "we didn't want him anyway" claims that follow bama losing a recruit.

That's not limited to just Bama though. Our recruiting forum is full of that.

That being said, that sounds like some PR spin right there....

15 minutes ago, bryanlooney said:

I'm curious - how much recruiting impact do we think Sark had for this cycle?

As an analyst for the bulk of this class's recruiting period, was he even allowed contact? Was it mostly after the NC game that he would've been doing his recruiting?

heard that he had picked up the torch from Kiffen on the guy from Hawaii....but who knows?     Too late for him now anyway so he gets who ever NS hires next. 

Well that didn't take long.....the lil' nickatator chews up people and spits them out when they don't worship him properly. Sark was never a good idea anyway with all his issues. That cesspool in West Vance is no place to recover your sense of self worth.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Can't imagine Sark thought very hard about this at all. Why coach for a HC who has you by the balls, when you can get an even better job elsewhere. 

For what it's worth:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/2/7/14533830/steve-sarkisian-atlanta-falcons-alabama-offensive-coordinator

You guys are aware that there's programs out there that help people recover from alcohol problems, right? People make mistakes and recover from them all the time. I'm sure every one of us has some ugly skeletons in our closet. To write Sarkisian off because of past issues, that he's most likely recovered from, is some self righteous horse s***.

5 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

You guys are aware that there's programs out there that help people recover from alcohol problems, right? People make mistakes and recover from them all the time. I'm sure every one of us has some ugly skeletons in our closet. To write Sarkisian off because of past issues, that he's most likely recovered from, is some self righteous horse s***.

Who's writing him off for that? He's being written off because he was mediocre at Washington and plagued by several issues, above and beyond the drinking, at USC. 

I've heard Chip Kelly's name mentioned as a possible replacement. I just don't see these two pairing up. It could be shorter than the latest hookup between Saban and Sark. But who knows.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

will be interesting to see who comes in

Yes it will.  But I can't imagine it will be Kelly.  Kelly has too much leverage (a bunch of colleges would hire him with quickness as a HC next year).  Lane and Sark had no leverage when Saban picked them off of the scrap heap.  

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Yes it will.  But I can't imagine it will be Kelly.  Kelly has too much leverage (a bunch of colleges would hire him with quickness as a HC next year).  Lane and Sark had no leverage when Saban picked them off of the scrap heap.  

wde

agree but stranger things have happen

Archived