Saban considering Chip Kelley or Helfrich for OC vacancy

ToomersStreet

Per Bleacher Report, Sark just left for Atlanta Falcons, Chip and Helfrich being considered.  Does UAT have the personnel for that system?????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that would be interesting, C Kelly on Saban's staff.  There's not a room big enough for those two egos.  I just can't see Kelly taking orders from the little one.

20 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Per Bleacher Report, Sark just left for Atlanta Falcons, Chip and Helfrich being considered.  Does UAT have the personnel for that system?????

They have blue chips everywhere and just signed one of the best DT qbs in the nation. I am sure they could handle it, unfortunately.

Just now, DAG said:

They have blue chips everywhere and just signed one of the best DT qbs in the nation. I am sure they could handle it, unfortunately.

I'm not going to argue with a Dark Lord of the Sith.

Neither one of those guys fit in to what the wee man wants to do on offense. And Bleacher Report is not a reliable source for coaching news.

18 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I just don't understand why the Falcon's are hiring this guy...

It's what we do here in Georgia - get close to winning it all, and the whole decade after that fall apart and look miserable while saying at the same time "Next year is going to be our year."  And that goes for every Georgia team.  Hiring him says the Falcons are grasping anything they can at the moment.

Cam Cameron will be the next OC for bammer.

42 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It's what we do here in Georgia - get close to winning it all, and the whole decade after that fall apart and look miserable while saying at the same time "Next year is going to be our year."  And that goes for every Georgia team.  Hiring him says the Falcons are grasping anything they can at the moment.

Oh, I'm aware.  Been in Atlanta my whole life almost.  I just don't get how a coach that was fired 2 years ago for being an alcoholic and called plays in 1 game since then is now all the sudden an NFL OC. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Oh, I'm aware.  Been in Atlanta my whole life almost.  I just don't get how a coach that was fired 2 years ago for being an alcoholic and called plays in 1 game since then is now all the sudden an NFL OC. :dunno:

He interviewed for a few OC jobs (NCAA & NFL) when he decided to go to UAt and be an analyst.  Supposedly he had offers then but chose UAt.  That is what they were saying this am on radio interview with UAt reporter.

The bama spin has thus far been Saban wanted him out. ATL could call about any coach in the country right now and get them to leave their job to be the OC. My question - why Sark?????

2 hours ago, dilligas said:

Now that would be interesting, C Kelly on Saban's staff.  There's not a room big enough for those two egos.  I just can't see Kelly taking orders from the little one.

Same thing was said about Kiffin

I have a difficult time picturing Chip Kelly coming back into college football to work as an offensive coordinator for Nick Saban.  He does not need the money, and can wait for the inevitable Power 5 head coach vacancy after the 2017 season.  Helfrich perhaps, but it seems like it would be a pointless move for Kelly.

Citing Bleacher Report as a news source is like saying my roommate's girlfriend's blog is reporting Saban is thinking about Chip Kelly for OC.  Can we all agree to agree that Bleacher Report is worthless as a front line news source? (i.e. the same as no source)

If bammer hires either one of those coaches, it will show everyone that bammer isn't scared to spend what ever it takes to bring in a top coach / recruiting. Meanwhile, Auburn could have hired a top OC but instead, Gus hires a former high school coach, Southern Miss coach and Arizona State coach (Chip Lindsey) who has known Malzahn for years.

8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If bammer hires either one of those coaches, it will show everyone that bammer isn't scared to spend what ever it takes to bring in a top coach / recruiting. Meanwhile, Auburn could have hired a top OC but instead, Gus hires a former high school coach, Southern Miss coach and Arizona State coach (Chip Lindsey) who has known Malzahn for years.

We offered 1.2-1.4 million is that enough? Auburn has whatever amount of money to spend on a coach.

4 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

The bama spin has thus far been Saban wanted him out. ATL could call about any coach in the country right now and get them to leave their job to be the OC. My question - why Sark?????

Have they said why he wanted him out?

I always thought Auburn had deep pockets and could hire the best coaches from anywhere. But I guess I was wrong. Instead of hiring a Chip Kelly as OC, Gus hires his good friend, Chip Lindsey who's coached in high school then Southern Miss and Arizona State.

8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I always thought Auburn had deep pockets and could hire the best coaches from anywhere. But I guess I was wrong. Instead of hiring a Chip Kelly as OC, Gus hires his good friend, Chip Lindsey who's coached in high school then Southern Miss and Arizona State.

do ever read my/any posts

Does any OC think he can run his own offense with Nick ?    Check Nick's recent OCs....well one guy was for only one game but he checked out as soon as he could and Lane was damaged goods probably looking for the first job he could find in order to leave.  Could be wrong of course but I bet the next OC is some guy we never heard of ...or some guy desperate to rehabilitate his coaching reputation. 

Archived