Saban considering Chip Kelley or Helfrich for OC vacancy

ToomersStreet

6 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

The bama spin has thus far been Saban wanted him out. ATL could call about any coach in the country right now and get them to leave their job to be the OC. My question - why Sark?????

Exact same system that they ran this year with the same blocking schemes. And I honestly don't think he will be calling too many plays by himself - I personally think the next OC for the Falcons is actually Matt Ryan.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Per Bleacher Report, Sark just left for Atlanta Falcons, Chip and Helfrich being considered.  Does UAT have the personnel for that system?????

When I divorced my ex, I considered replacing her with Kate Upton.  I didn't have a chance either. 

42 minutes ago, Duder said:

When I divorced my ex, I considered replacing her with Kate Upton.  I didn't have a chance either. 

Well played Sir....well played...(its funnier if you say it slowly in a snooty thick English accent)

3 hours ago, Duder said:

Don't give up on that dream.

3 hours ago, Duder said:

This is my exact thought. The fact that Saban (reportedly) thinks he could nab Kelly is hilarious. Ego much? 

This is going to be interesting since we just went through the same exact search/hire for our OC.

I'm interested in how the AU Administration's process for hiring an OC compares to the UAT Administration's process.

Will they hire a search firm?  Will their PTB step in and push their weight around with their own "list" of possible OC candidates?  

1 hour ago, keesler said:

This is going to be interesting since we just went through the same exact search/hire for our OC.

I'm interested in how the AU Administration's process for hiring an OC compares to the UAT Administration's process.

Will they hire a search firm?  Will their PTB step in and push their weight around with their own "list" of possible OC candidates?  

I would say a search firm is possible but we likely won't hear about it if they do. Their PTB have taken a back seat to Saban, so I doubt they will have much input, though I'm sure they have a list. I don't expect to hear much out of them until he leaves, at which point, I would hate to be the next guy if he can't maintain the machine.

The biggest difference is, if Saban wants someone, no one will tell him "no" or make him sell them on the hire. 

34 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

No search firm and Kelly is not interested and I doubt Nick was either

Pretty much what I'd expect from them.

There's no way Saban was going to put that much pressure and game time on his defense.  Kelly would have had them dead last on TOP of offense, and we all know that ain't Saban's style of play.  

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wouldn't bet against him getting someone from the NFL

Until Sabear makes a poor hire that causes spuat to go down in flames (like losing 2 regular season games), you have to bet with Sabear.

wde

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Until Sabear makes a poor hire that causes spuat to go down in flames (like losing 2 regular season games), you have to bet with Sabear.

wde

If Kiffin didn't bring him down, I'm afraid only old age will.

either will be Les Miles or Cam Cameron. I believe that it will be either or both.

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

I think that ??? No...I think not!

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

either will be Les Miles or Cam Cameron. I believe that it will be either or both.

I think that ??? No...I think not!

Please speak in English so I can respond appropriately.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Please speak in English so I can respond appropriately.

wde

actually, I was speaking in a rare form of Yiddish that only 4 people in the known universe speak. Hang in there young grasshopper, the light will come on in a couple of posts!

5 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

actually, I was speaking in a rare form of Yiddish that only 4 people in the known universe speak. Hang in there young grasshopper, the light will come on in a couple of posts!

Si

I don't think he looks at Chip...it's worse than a Kiffin personality test. And Helfrich is looked down up here as riding on Chip's coattails. Helfrich is so overrated...I kind of hope they hire him. Nothing to fear with that guy that is not known already with their sophomore quarterback. 

This should be Saban's man....

“Dear person who reads Nick Saban’s emails,

Once again I am reaching out in interest for the open job of OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR/PERSON WHO REFUSES TO RUN THE DAMN BALL IN A WAY THAT PLEASES ALL PEOPLE. As I am sure you remember, I also reached out in interest when Coach Kiffin resigned to be a club manager in Boca. I must say that I find myself slightly frustrated that I wasn’t given ample opportunity to enhance my resume between openings. For the love of God people, it was 3 weeks.

Similar to anyone looking for a job opportunity, I often have to er…enhance my resume. For example, a 119 rushing yard performance may be rounded up to 350. My ruler skips directly from 3 inches to 7, if you catch my drift. However, I can unabashedly state that I will not have to exaggerate on this resume. I have a better career win percentage at my middle school than Coach Sarkisian had at the University of Alabama. As a matter of fact, I have more than 10x the wins than Coach Sark was able to tally as Offensive Coordinator. Not only have I managed to tally more Ws, but I also have a lower percentage of boogers ate on national television. I also have been drunk on an airplane less than my predecessor, although it is worth noting that the only time I have flown was when my father placed me in an overhead compartment to “minimize the family’s expenditure.”

I feel as if the University of Alabama offers a unique opportunity. I already have a gameplan in place that will improve on what Coach Sark started. For example, I noticed that the roster on RollTide.com shows more than 1 runningback. I’m sure Coach Sark’s short turnaround caused him to miss this fact, but I am already prepared. I also want to bring an innovative approach to the offense by only using bubble screens. My passing philosophy is “If it’s past the line, that sh*t ain’t fine.” I also plan to recruit sumo wrestlers as slot receivers to effectively run pick plays. Apparently that’s how things are done now.

I can only hope to follow in the steps of a man who’s offensive play calls in the second half cost him a championship. Coach Sark was able to use this approach to replace Kyle Shanahan, a coach who’s offensive play calls in the second half cost him a championship. I’ve gone Negan on two televisions this year. Unfortunately, Lucile is the name of my dog.

I look forward to hearing from you, tjelliott12″

On 2/11/2017 at 1:42 AM, Randman5000 said:

I don't think he looks at Chip...it's worse than a Kiffin personality test. And Helfrich is looked down up here as riding on Chip's coattails. Helfrich is so overrated...I kind of hope they hire him. Nothing to fear with that guy that is not known already with their sophomore quarterback. 

With the talent satan has on hand you  could probably run the flying wedge and be successful.:angry:

On 2/8/2017 at 0:48 PM, keesler said:

Saban is the PTB at UAT.

16 hours ago, milehighfan said:

With the talent satan has on hand you  could probably run the flying wedge and be successful.:angry:

Or the Whirlybird.

Archived