Rocker out at UGA

80Tiger

2 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Hire him as a defensive analyst.

Doubt he'd be available long enough, but I'd be all over it if we could. That way he could be part of a college coaching staff and skip the recruiting that he didn't like anyway.

SDS Reporting Rocker no longer with UGA link

The busy day in assistant coaching news in the SEC just keeps going as Georgia defensive line coach Tracy Rocker is no longer a member of Kirby Smart’s coaching staff.

UGA confirms to Dawg Post that DL coach Tracy Rocker is no longer with the football program...

Rocker served three seasons as Georgia’s defensive line coach and was named the team’s associate head coach starting in 2015. Smart thought so much of Rocker, he kept him on from former coach Mark Richt’s staff.

Known as an elite recruiter, some of the prospects Rocker landed at Georgia include current defensive linemen Trent Thompson, Jonathan Ledbetter, Julian Rochester, Michail Carter, Tyler Clark, and Malik Herring.

A native of Atlanta, Rocker played his college football at Auburn. During his playing career, Rocker was a two-time All-American and won the 1988 Outland and Lombardi Trophies.

3 hours ago, meh130 said:

Hire him as a defensive analyst.

Ummm yeah. He's going to have a lot better offers with a lot more pay than a defensive analyst.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ummm yeah. He's going to have a lot better offers with a lot more pay than a defensive analyst.

So were several of the ex-HCs that were on staff last year for UAturds, but they still convinced them to come in as analyst.  

10 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

So were several of the ex-HCs that were on staff last year for UAturds, but they still convinced them to come in as analyst.  

Sark is the only 1 I know of and he was damaged goods at that point. I doubt he had other better offers. Who else you got that's not damaged goods. Rocker isn't damaged goods.

4 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Fountain has been "relieved" of his onfield coaching duties according to 247.

rocker or garner to TE coach?

As a former OL I could see Garner as a TE coach & Rock as the DL coach. Will be interesting to see what happens.

For those wondering about the 10th assistant coach, it's not voted on til April & not likely to be passed anyway.

I bet there are a few unhappy new D-Line recruits...

This off-season makes you wonder if the NCAA should add a rule that allows a player to withdraw their signature and switch schools if their position coach leaves prior to their enrollment (yes, realizing that could have cost us some great receivers). As many coaching changes as are happening right after signing day makes it really feel like these kids are getting played. 

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Bring Rocker back.  Move Garner to TE. Let Gus coach special teams

While I can see that potentially making sense on the field, that wouldn't help us at all recruiting wise. Fountain isn't a rock star recruiter, but neither is Rocker.

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

While I can see that potentially making sense on the field, that wouldn't help us at all recruiting wise. Fountain isn't a rock star recruiter, but neither is Rocker.

We don't have a recruiting problem.

wde

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm just surprised A4E hasn't asked for him to be our new running backs coach yet

Someone famous once told me a4e wanted Rocker for AD

UGA traded Rocker for Tray Scott?   Doesn't sound like a very good move.  Must be something going on in UGAland to make that kinda trade.

3 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

UGA traded Rocker for Tray Scott?   Doesn't sound like a very good move.  Must be something going on in UGAland to make that kinda trade.

Guys got to have something going for him if 2 SEC teams hired him in just over 1 month. I guess he interviews really well. He doesn't seem like much on the recruiting trail, and you have to ask if his success at NC had more to do with him or Chizik.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Guys got to have something going for him if 2 SEC teams hired him in just over 1 month. I guess he interviews really well. He doesn't seem like much on the recruiting trail, and you have to ask if his success at NC had more to do with him or Chizik.

I think he heard coaches get free buffet three times a day at UGA.

Archived