Fountain will not be on the field next year

LKEEL75

17 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Bingo. TE's are more bread & butter in Lindseyland so bringing in his hand-picked TE coach should not shock. In college, special teams coaches are a dime a dozen - Ron Zook notwithstanding. Fountain put in years of good work for us but IMHO this move makes sense, War Eagle and Godspeed Scott.

Ron Zook would be an awesome hire.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Ron Zook would be an awesome hire.

Ron Zook would be a world series, bottom of the ninth, down by 3, full count grand slam. However, it is more like A4E praising Gus and JJ...

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

Doug Goodwin...

who is this guy? we got any stats on him?

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Bingo. TE's are more bread & butter in Lindseyland so bringing in his hand-picked TE coach should not shock. In college, special teams coaches are a dime a dozen - Ron Zook notwithstanding. Fountain put in years of good work for us but IMHO this move makes sense, War Eagle and Godspeed Scott.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Lindsey take over Tight Ends (or share them with Kodi) and Keith Patterson brought in for Special Teams and an extra defensive coach. He did coach the kid who beat Carlson for the Groza, after all.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

There has been discomfort on the O staff since after the 2013 season. It's not new.

Other than with DC can you elaborate?

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I don't understand the Rocker infatuation... :dunno:

15 years ago, folks wanted Bo Jackson on staff to coach running backs.

28 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I don't understand the Rocker infatuation... :dunno:

It stems mostly from the fact that he took a face in the crowd level D-lineman in Nick Fairley and turned him into a powerhouse who was a key factor in our national championship. That and he's a major award winning Tiger and we love to have our own come home.

I honestly think he is better with DT than CRG. When CRG was at UGA they had a 3/4 D and be done well with the outside guys on the line. Rock has had couple good DT's. Also did Rocker coach Corey Lemonier? 

6 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

I honestly think he is better with DT than CRG. When CRG was at UGA they had a 3/4 D and be done well with the outside guys on the line. Rock has had couple good DT's. Also did Rocker coach Corey Lemonier? 

He did not. CL left after the 2012 season.

We probably win the national title if Lemonier had stayed. One more consistently disruptive edge rusher to pair with Dee Ford? Yes please. Sprinkle some Lawson in there when they need a spell and that's a very solid trio.

13 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Gonna be guy from ASU possibly, he coached ST and OLB on staff with Lindsey.

ASU appears to be our go-to school now, first with Myers,  then Burns and Lindsey and now this person you speak of. Interesting if true. 

42 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Our 5* DL recruits aren't here without CRG. CTR isn't substantially better coaching interior linemen to offset the talent gap due to his poor recruiting. CRG at UGA cleaned up with talent. Rock just got fired bc he couldn't pull elite in state talent into the instate school.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Just hire Tommy Trott and call it a day

Blast from the past.  Dude was the most overrated recruit to his college performance I've seen in Auburn football history.  Am I missing an inside joke on saying to hire him?  Because I don't get it.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Ron Zook would be a world series, bottom of the ninth, down by 3, full count grand slam. However, it is more like A4E praising Gus and JJ...

Well, my brother-in-law teaches & coaches at the Zooker's high school alma mater. Let me see what I can do :rollin:

56 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Blast from the past.  Dude was the most overrated recruit to his college performance I've seen in Auburn football history.  Am I missing an inside joke on saying to hire him?  Because I don't get it.

Typically, when we are looking to fill a hole on staff there is a small group of us on the board where we jokingly and sarcastically list out former players/unqualified/awful choices to fill our vacancy. This stems from JJ hiring former assistants as HCs, and our current HC's propensity to hire his/AU's former players to fill out his staff. Basically, in an exaggerated manner, it's making fun of ourselves for casting such a wide net for our coaching searches that we ended up with Chizik, Gus, and Kodi Burns on staff.

Edit*: This is not to be confused with some people actually seriously and unintentionally suggesting underwhelming candidates who's main qualifying point on their resumes is that they attended AU.

Edit2*: Oh yeah, Tommy Trott must have been a practice field all star because I swear it felt like there was a better than 50/50 chance that if Trott was thrown the ball he was going to drop it lol

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

ASU appears to be our go-to school now, first with Myers,  then Burns and Lindsey and now this person you speak of. Interesting if true. 

Think about it... there are few places where practicing in the heat is worse than Alabama... Phoenix averages 103-106 degrees in August. Moving to the SEC and getting out of that furnace is a pretty easy sell :)

24 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

there might be more offensive staff changes, there are a lot of openings out there....

I'd rather not think about Horton leaving until it happens... We know no one else on the offensive side it getting offers.

51 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Think about it... there are few places where practicing in the heat is worse than Alabama... Phoenix averages 103-106 degrees in August. Moving to the SEC and getting out of that furnace is a pretty easy sell :)

but, but

it ain't the heat...

Archived