Top Recruiters looking for a job

LKEEL75

I find it interesting that some of the top recruiters in the country are all looking for a job just days after NSD.  Craig, Rocker and now possibly Fountain.  Seems kind of low to keep a guy around and then suddenly relieve him of his duties just days after he has convinced top athletes to come to their school.

3 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

I'm not sure I would consider Rocker a top recruiter.

He's not. Losing Derrick Brown & Aubrey Solomon were factors in him being let go.

And while he was good this year helping us nail down Calvin & Big Cat, Fountain has definitely not been one of the countries best recruiters in the country over the years.

Well I guess people always have different opinions, but I have read on here for the last few years how Rocker was an "elite" recruiter and many have listed Fountain as a great recruiter as well.  Especially if you give him credit for bringing in one of our biggest commit on each side of the ball this year.

39 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Well I guess people always have different opinions, but I have read on here for the last few years how Rocker was an "elite" recruiter and many have listed Fountain as a great recruiter as well.  Especially if you give him credit for bringing in one of our biggest commit on each side of the ball this year.

Rocker doesn't like recruiting... he's said so himself.

Other than this year, where he was the primary on Ashley and Bryant, last year where he was the primary on Woody, and of course the fact that he was the primary on the Carlson boys, Fountain's list of recruiting wins is a pretty big "meh".  It looks like he was improving, but he wasn't nearly good enough to make up for our return game, on both sides, being a liability. 

Rocker excels in coaching D line play.   Gus needs to get to coaching special teams and move  garner to TE coach.    Bump up pay for both and get a guy at AU that can coach D line play

I love Rocker. But a stud recruiter he is not. I would love to see some links to anyone claiming differently. I really think you are confused about seeing on here that he is an elite recruiter. I have literally never seen or heard ANYONE say that. He was phenomenal for us last time he was here, but that doesn't make him a stud elite recruiting machine 

13 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I love Rocker. But a stud recruiter he is not. I would love to see some links to anyone claiming differently. I really think you are confused about seeing on here that he is an elite recruiter. I have literally never seen or heard ANYONE say that. He was phenomenal for us last time he was here, but that doesn't make him a stud elite recruiting machine 

Well the SDS link that I posted in the Rocker thread refers to him as elite.

I know many on here have said he doesn't like recruiting and I remember that being a big negative when people bring his name up.  Maybe SDS is just trying to make it seem like a bigger deal.

35 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Well the SDS link that I posted in the Rocker thread refers to him as elite.

Alternative facts... Media can't be trusted... sports media doubly so.

Archived