Men vs. Mississippi State - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking the reason auburn has trouble  closing out games in the second half is because they are not well conditioned.  The football team seems to have the same issues around conditioning.  Auburn might need to reevaluate their strength and conditioning program.

You have to hope AU doesn't fall into the trap that they know teams are going to pressure and they are going to turn the ball over. I hope they have worked on ways to overcome teams who are over playing the passing lanes trying for steals. Everyone knows AU crumbles in these situations, it's time for them to step up and defeat that. I would think we would see Johnson a lot more the rest of the way with Harper forcing bad shots and not protecting the ball. 

Hey Auburn, I'm just spit balling here but instead of playing with your head up your a$$ and pissing away your lead try playing heads up, take good shots, rebound and try playing some DEFENSE.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

You have to hope AU doesn't fall into the trap that they know teams are going to pressure and they are going to turn the ball over. I hope they have worked on ways to overcome teams who are over playing the passing lanes trying for steals. Everyone knows AU crumbles in these situations, it's time for them to step up and defeat that. I would think we would see Johnson a lot more the rest of the way with Harper forcing bad shots and not protecting the ball. 

I'd love to see a Ronnie Johnson sighting about now as well. Seems like the right time. 

We need to put Wiley, brown, and Ronnie in. They are our safest and steadiest players right now imo. If we can hold 12 or go up some more we should be ok. But if they continue cutting down we're in trouble 

Heron seems to be developing into the guy AU can rely on late to make a play. That was a good drive and score and a good rebound on the other end. Just got to get some defense from the rest of the team. 

We have so much more depth than past teams. Bruce is able to substitute out and counter other teams runs much better these days. 

Inexcusable series by Johnson. Terrible shot (too soon into the shot clock), last man back but late, and a stupid foul on an easy layup. 

Archived