Softball vs Oklahoma Game Thread

It's finally here! #2 Auburn Tigers face #1 Oklahoma at 1:00 CST and #13 Washington at 7:00 CST in Mexico!

I see us going 1-1 today losing to OU. But this team is more then capable of going 2-0 today! Just exited to get on the road back to OKC. War Eagle! 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great way to open the season . Will put a lot of stress on both teams considering how close the WCWS was. 

As I look at the schedule, it appears that neither game schedule for tomorrow will be on television anywhere. 

I can't imagine either coach (CCM or Gasso) not playing to win that first game.  So I expect OU to start their ace pitcher (Paige, I think) in hopes that she shuts down our offense.  I hope our offense is ready to deal with it.  I would not be surprised to see a fair amount of small ball played to get a run as that may be all it takes in this game.

Interesting thing about softball , player like Lawry  transferred from Missouri to Oklahoma and can play immediately it seems. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Interesting thing about softball , player like Lawry  transferred from Missouri to Oklahoma and can play immediately it seems. 

You don't have to sit unless you play football, baseball, basketball, or men's ice hockey.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms

If I could ask for those of us at work or other locals that can't stream it - would you kindly post at least the inning results and scores so we see how we are doing.  Would love play by play but that is too much to ask.  But a summary like Cooper, Wallace, Fagan and batted, no runs on no hits or the more likely 3 runs on 3 hits (hoping), and going to next inning.

Not not be rude to weathergeakal but Great first inning sue sounds nice but would like to know how great and why.

AU got a couple of runners through walks and got one home. 

Second inning starts with an AU strikeout, followed by a double by Podany over the RF head. Runner on 2nd, 1 out.

Draper grounds to third and Podany ignores traditional base running rules and take off for third. The throw is to first though and Draper is out.

2 out, runner at 3rd. Cooper up.

Walked Cooper which is probably a wise thing to do. Never gave her a good pitch  to look at 

Just now, AU64 said:

Walked Cooper which is probably a wise thing to do. Never gave her a good pitch  to look at 

Damn! The online feed seems to be about 20-30 seconds behind.

One thing we are seeing so far, AU is working the count and making the pitcher work. 60 pitches through 1 2/3 is a bunch, even for softball.

Archived