Softball vs Oklahoma Game Thread

Smart play by Martin to not try and stab that ground ball headed to second. Should have careened off and been a hit/error. Let the second baseman do her job.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only down side so far is the number of K's by the bottom of the order. I would expect OU to start going right after hitters now. Pitcher is at 98 pitches.

Just now, ellitor said:

Generous strike 3 call against Draper. 2 down.

He's given that strike all game, Draper needs to be more aggressive there.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

He's given that strike all game, Draper needs to be more aggressive there.

Respectfully disagree. Catcher lined up more outside than she had been.

The trick for Clint will be finding that batter to hit behind her to either force them to pitch to her, or make them pay for walking her.

Just now, jared52 said:

The trick for Clint will be finding that batter to hit behind her to either force them to pitch to her, or make them pay for walking her.

I think he's comfortable with Wallace Fagan & company coming up after Coop gets on.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I think he's comfortable with Wallace Fagan & company coming up after Coop gets on.

I'd like them to swap places maybe. But I'm not a NC softball coach...

Ugh. I thought that was going to be a high enough chopper that Fagan could beat it out. Big missed opportunity for AU with runners at 2nd and 3rd after the passed ball.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I think Haley should hit a 3 run homer here in honor of her boyfriend John Franklin III.

He needs to do some speed work with her... :hellyeah:

Just now, weathergeakal said:

Would like to get the first strikeout of the year this inning. Only negative for me is we have struck out 6 times already.

Yeah, that happens though when you work the count. They have put her at 111 pitches so it's not all that bad. Just needed a timely hit from the #3 hitter there to break this one open a bit. 

Archived