Softball vs Oklahoma Game Thread

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

ok then why was oklahoma gifted a easier opponent the second game and we were not? I stand by what I said wholeheartedly. The marquee teams in the tournament should be looked out more favorably so you could get the best possible matchup when both teams are more fresh and rested.

Dude - teams agreed to the tournament 2 years ago.  Granted by time they set who plays who and when, they knew what they had.  Heck, I bet Myers told them he wanted OU and UW right off.  One to get back at OU and show we could beat them ( a little revenge for game 3 from last year) and then not afraid (meaning confidence in his girls) to take on the next best team right off the bat.  As said earlier, same thing you will face in regional and super regional.

I bet Gasso didn't pitch her ace against us so that the girl will build win stats like last year and so we would not see her until WCWS time.  She running afraid of us putting the smack down on her (my opinion).

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Dude - teams agreed to the tournament 2 years ago.  Granted by time they set who plays who and when, they knew what they had.  Heck, I bet Myers told them he wanted OU and UW right off.  One to get back at OU and show we could beat them ( a little revenge for game 3 from last year) and then not afraid (meaning confidence in his girls) to take on the next best team right off the bat.  As said earlier, same thing you will face in regional and super regional.

I bet Gasso didn't pitch her ace against us so that the girl will build win stats like last year and so we would not see her until WCWS time.  She running afraid of us putting the smack down on her (my opinion).

we are going to have to play washington in this tournament eventually. It would of been nice to have a nights rest or 2 before AU plays them instead of a couple of hours. We are not even in the vicinity of regionals and super regionals. We are going to get great experience for the kids on this team when they face washingtons ace so why not get a little mental rest. No other team in the tournament had the brutal 2 game stretch out of the gate that AU had. its all in the name of fairness. I guarantee if we would of played washington today or saturday we probaly would of won. It was clear we were both mentally and physically exhausted by the end. I am big game hunting. I wanted that washington trophy to hang on the wall as AU is building its resume to get the number 1 overall seed. lol wait why are we arguing again? we all just want the best for AU. LETS GO! War eagle! enough of this friendly fire.

Archived