2017 Texas Tech Grad Transfer DT Breiden Fehoko

ellitor

8 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Not sure this kid is a need, but it's always a good idea to add interior talent.

Still, we certainly won't be low on depth or top-tier talent. Unless dudes go early, in 2018, we would still have Russell (Sr), Williams (Sr), Cowart (Sr), Brown (Jr), Johnson (Jr), An. Jackson (So), and likely Al. Jackson (RFr) and Truesdell (RFr). Plus, add anyone we sign in the 2018 class. You'd throw Fehoko into that mix in 2018 and 2019. It could be really good to add a Senior for 2019. This is like pursuing a high-end JUCO player.

You always make room for a player like this. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I agree. My point (which wasn't clear) was, I don't think we'd bat an eye if this was the number one JUCO DT or DL, which is what he would be if he'd gone that route.

Secret weapon for Texas Tech DT transfer

Auburn hosted a rare springtime official visitor over the weekend. It’s a big one.

Breiden Fehoko began his courtship around the Southeast with a visit to Auburn this weekend. The 6-foot-3, 305-pound interior defensive lineman was originally the No. 50 overall prospect in the 2015 recruiting class. After starting 25 games at Texas Tech, Fehoko is searching for a fresh start at a program that can help him successfully move from college to professional football.

Auburn recruiting-Breiden Fehoko
Auburn DT target Breiden Fehoko (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Fehoko is originally from Honolulu, and is of Tongan descent.

Every time a fellow Tongan visits Auburn, former Auburn offensive lineman Jorrell Bostrom — who is now Auburn’s director of player development — is the Tigers’ go-to guy. Fehoko and Bostrom spent much of the weekend together, along with Fehoko’s father.

That’s beneficial for Auburn.

“It helps out a lot, to know there is another Tongan here and he played here,” Fehoko said. “He really answered a lot of questions for me too, being a Polynesian here in the South, what it’s like and what the atmosphere is like. That really helped out a lot.”

FWIW Keith has tweeted & posted a number of times that the AU staff likes its chances. He still has OVs left to LSU & Louisville.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Keith has tweeted & posted a number of times that the AU staff likes its chances. He still has OVs left to LSU & Louisville.

a MINI boomer from muhhhhhhhhh!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!! Really want this stud.

55 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We need Texas Tech and Cal's Grad Transfers. Lets welcome Fehoko and Cochran with wide open arms.

Or Arms Wide Open...

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Or Arms Wide Open...

What's the protocol here? I mean, it's funny, but it's Creed. "Like" pending while I look into it a little further....

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What's the protocol here? I mean, it's funny, but it's Creed. "Like" pending while I look into it a little further....

I actually liked Creed.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I actually liked Creed.

So do i...;-)

Creed was fine it was Scott Stapp that was a douche! :) They were even better as Alter Bridge with Myles, who wasn't a douche!

• 2 weeks later...

Set to make a decision April 17 and according to 247 he may be leaning toward LSU after his visit last weekend. Still has a visit to UGA to take. 

Texas Tech transfer Fehoko sets commitment date

Texas Tech transfer Breiden Fehoko, a defensive tackle who started 25 games during his two seasons with the Red Raiders, has set his commitment date.

It will be April 17.

Fehoko has made official visits to Auburn, Louisville and LSU in the past month. He still has a visit remaining to Georgia in a couple weeks.

Fehoko recorded 38 tackles, 7.5 tackles for a loss and two sacks at Texas Tech. A native of Hawaii, he is 6-feet-3, 287 pounds and was an Under Armour All-American in high school.

Auburn has felt good about its chances with Fehoko but following his LSU official last weekend he told Geaux247 that was his best visit.

“(LSU’s) in a really good spot,” Fehoko said. “A really good spot.”

Fehoko will have to sit out the 2017 season. He then will have two years to play two seasons.

1 minute ago, MDM4AU said:

Set to make a decision April 17 and according to 247 he may be leaning toward LSU after his visit last weekend. Still has a visit to UGA to take. 

There's no maybe about it. He told the Scout LSU site they lead.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

There's no maybe about it. He told the Scout LSU site they lead.

O and LSU are going to be a thorn in AU's side. They are recruiting a lot of kids AU likes and O is making very good impressions with the kids. 

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

O and LSU are going to be a thorn in AU's side. They are recruiting a lot of kids AU likes and O is making very good impressions with the kids. 

Knew he would

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yah thats what it seems like. Miles stacked up a lot of talent through the years but we rarely seemed to go head to head on many recruits through his decade at lsu.

I wonder how many years coach O will get to beat bammer before LSU fires him?My guess is he better beat them with in a couple of years or he will be looking for a new job.

29 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I wonder how many years coach O will get to beat bammer before LSU fires him?My guess is he better beat them with in a couple of years or he will be looking for a new job.

I'd say 2 years and if he loses year 3 they will fire him before season is over.

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

One reason is because O always steps both feet over the legal side of recruiting and then moves them back real fast. I disagree with some here. I am not sold on his coaching ability. No one can doubt his recruiting ability though. 

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

One reason is because O always steps both feet over the legal side of recruiting and then moves them back real fast. I disagree with some here. I am not sold on his coaching ability. No one can doubt his recruiting ability though. 

Can't argue that point. But he has two damn good coordinators working for him. Lets see if he is a CEO head coach or meddles. 

31 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Can't argue that point. But he has two damn good coordinators working for him. Lets see if he is a CEO head coach or meddles. 

I do not see him meddling. The best CEO coaches are usually the ones who have never been coordinators before. Because of Dabo, Urbs, Harbaugh and too a lesser extent PJ Fleck who were never coordinators before they got their first HC gig times are changing on what ADs are looking for on who would make the best Head Coach. Usually it was always the hot shot coordinators.

Archived