2017 Texas Tech Grad Transfer DT Breiden Fehoko

ellitor

6_5116520.jpg

6'3", 295 lbs

Honolulu, HI (Farrington High by way of Texas Tech)

247 Profile

Was a 4*, top 50 overall recruit, & Under Armour All Amewrican in the 2015 class

Has to sit the 2017 season

Will have 2 to play 2 beginning in 2018

Plans to visit AU in early March per AU 247

Has offers from & visits set up in with AU, LSU, Louisville, & Ole Miss per aTm 247

aTm would be a major factor if they offer

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the aTm article linked above

The former Under Armour All-American has decided to find a new home after starting every game for the Red Raiders because of the coaching turnover in Lubbock.

Schools like LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn and Louisville have all offered, and has visits set up,

“Right now, I’ve got visits set-up with LSU, Auburn, Louisville and Ole Miss,” he said. “Coach Scott, who was at Ole Miss, just took a job at Georgia, so honestly I told them I’m going to wait and see who their d-line coach is going to be and go from there. I don’t want to make any guarantees. There’s a lot more schools but I haven’t decided who I want to see. I’ll definitely take some unofficials. As of now, those are the schools who are heavy on me.”

Fehoko, who will have three years to play two, says he wants to make a decision sometime in April.

“This is more of a business decision for me this time around,” he said. “I want to play in the SEC preferably. That conference breeds d-lineman. I’ll play anywhere but SEC schools are after me heavily.”

1 minute ago, AURandy56 said:

“This is more of a business decision for me this time around,” he said...

Oh hell, when a recruit uses this kind of talk, we all know where they end up. 

You beat me to it, bro!  

10 hours ago, AURandy56 said:

“This is more of a business decision for me this time around,” he said...

Oh hell, when a recruit uses this kind of talk, we all know where they end up. 

Hopefully at Auburn playing for CRG after this years draft! 

In all seriousness though, even with only 7.5 tackles for loss and 2 sacks in two seasons at ttu and not being eligible until next year he'd be solid addition this years DL class. Great size. 

18 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

My bad. I went back checked and saw he's from Hawaii, but now he's in Lubbock, Texas. Sorry for the mess up.

Hawaii is a much better place to visit lol

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

E, u think we even really need this kid? Or are we really that thin at DT? 

1. With his potential, yes, He's not eligible til 2018. By then there's no telling what positional numbers will look like.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

1. With his potential, yes, He's not eligible til 2018. By then there's not telling what positional numbers will look like.

You can say that again. We really need a strong haul at DT this cycle. 

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

You can say that again. We really need a strong haul at DT this cycle. 

Not really. We are very deep there right now. You still want to bring in at least 2 quality guys a year though.

We lose Williams, and Russell will be draft-eligible. IF he has a really good season, which in an ideal world he would,  we would not only be thin, but extremely short on elite talent.

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

We lose Williams, and Russell will be draft-eligible. IF he has a really good season, which in an ideal world he would,  we would not only be thin, but extremely short on elite talent.

A-Will is a Jr in 2017. Not losing him unless you know something... Unlikely Donty goes pro after 2017. He's the guy that takes up blockers so others can make plays. If things hold serve we will have at least 4 in quality talent in 2018.

Interview after AU OV

Auburn ‘sets the bar really high’ for Texas Tech DT transfer Breiden Fehoko

AUBURN, Ala. — Breiden Fehoko isn’t new to the recruiting process.

The 6-foot-3, 305-pound defensive tackle experienced it in the 2015 cycle when he was ranked the No. 50 overall prospect in the nation. Fehoko eventually chose Texas Tech. He spent the last two seasons in Lubbock, Texas, but Fehoko decided earlier in 2017 he will transfer from the Red Raiders, where he was a 25-game starter.

He began his official visit journey over the weekend with Auburn. It was Fehoko’s first of five official visits he’ll take over the next month, and the Tigers set the standard.

“I was really speechless,” Fehoko said after his visit. “First and foremost, I enjoyed the hospitality. Second, I really enjoyed how everybody was really transparent and just real honest about seeing me play here and how they can better my skill set and how they develop me as a football player. I think that was a big thing … Being this is my first visit, sets the bar really high for other schools.”

Fehoko came into his Auburn visit with a flurry of questions. He left with all of them answered.

The defensive tackle target was curious what his redshirt season would be like next year because Fehoko will have to sit out the 2017 football season before having two seasons of eligibility remaining. Fehoko had questions about what it’s like being around other players, and all of that was satisfied by his player-host Derrick Brown.

Auburn passed the test.

“I asked a dozen questions, and Coach (Rodney) Garner having the track record he has makes it a lot easier,” Fehoko said. “Auburn really answered a lot of my questions, so I’m intrigued to see how my next few visits go to compare to how Auburn did.”

DSC_0120_iek2lf.jpg
Auburn DL coach Rodney Garner (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Fehoko will take his second visit near the end of the month to Louisville on March 24, which will be his only non-SEC visit. The defensive tackle will then embark on a four-week tour that includes LSU on March 31, Ole Miss on April 7 and Georgia on April 14. His decision will come a week after the visit to Athens.

Based on the visits Fehoko has planned, it’s clear the SEC has caught his eye. That strength of the conference and its ability to put defensive linemen into the NFL is a big reason why he’s narrowed his search to the Southeast.

“I like the style of play in the SEC. I feel like football is lived and breathed down here. I really like Auburn. The SEC West, in general, does a good job of competition in football and how much approach they take to their D-line and the guys up front,” Fehoko said. “That really stuck out to me (when I decided to transfer). I figured I wanted to put myself in the best place possible for a few years from now in the draft.”

The other four schools will have some ground to make up following the Auburn visit.

“Everybody says ‘Auburn family,’ and when I finally got out here to see it, I’ve really seen it,” Fehoko said. “I think the bar has been set pretty high, and Auburn really answered a lot of questions for me and I really enjoyed my visit here.”

Not sure this kid is a need, but it's always a good idea to add interior talent.

Still, we certainly won't be low on depth or top-tier talent. Unless dudes go early, in 2018, we would still have Russell (Sr), Williams (Sr), Cowart (Sr), Brown (Jr), Johnson (Jr), An. Jackson (So), and likely Al. Jackson (RFr) and Truesdell (RFr). Plus, add anyone we sign in the 2018 class. You'd throw Fehoko into that mix in 2018 and 2019. It could be really good to add a Senior for 2019. This is like pursuing a high-end JUCO player.

This kid was a 5 Star Top 50 HS football player his senior year. I think he should be a take. 

Archived