2017 Texas Tech Grad Transfer DT Breiden Fehoko

ellitor

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Can't argue that point. But he has two damn good coordinators working for him. Lets see if he is a CEO head coach or meddles. 

Adding on, he was taught a hard lesson as the HC at Ole Miss, and then as the interim HC coach at USC he had earned regular HC job and did not get that. He has had two high profile HC jobs (USC interim) and both were not long term successes. We will soon find out if he learned anything about being a HC. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do not see him meddling. The best CEO coaches are usually the ones who have never been coordinators before. Because of Dabo, Urbs, Harbaugh and too a lesser extent PJ Fleck who were never coordinators before they got their first HC gig times are changing on what ADs are looking for on who would make the best Head Coach. Usually it was always the hot shot coordinators.

Based on just what you said here....we should be concerned with him meddling. He has spent most of his years as a coordinator. 

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Based on just what you said here....we should be concerned with him meddling. He has spent most of his years as a coordinator. 

Coach O has never been  a coordinator at any stop. This was not about gus. It was about coach O. We know all too well the story on that Gus just cannot help himself and he meddles all the time.

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Coach O has never been  a coordinator at any stop.

Per his bio page on LSU's Athletics site he did have 1 stint as a DC at USC at some point from 2010-12.

2010-12 Southern Cal (defensive coordinator/defensive line/recruiting coordinator, 2010-13; interim head coach, 2013)

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Per his bio page on LSU's Athletics site he did have 1 stint as a DC at USC at some point from 2010-12.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/coaches/ed-orgeron/ This page it never lists him as defensive coordinator of USC. I do not ever remember him being a defensive coordinator anywhere especially usc. Under Kiffin his dad monte was the Defensive Coordinator and then he replaced him with Clancy pendergast in 2013. At best he might of had co DC and just never called defensive plays like crime dawg last year at AU.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Coach O has never been  a coordinator at any stop. This was not about gus. It was about coach O. We know all too well the story on that Gus just cannot help himself and he meddles all the time.

Orgeron has spent most of his career as an assistant coach, maybe not so much as a coordinator. He has often been the recruiting coordinator though. He had a very unsuccessful stint at Ole Miss as Head Coach and a pretty decent very short stint at USCw as Interim Head Coach. This is certainly not about Gus. I am just talking about my opinion of Coach O. I think he has an outstanding rep. as a recruiter, but no so much anywhere else. Time will tell, but I don't see him lasting long at LSU. If he does well the fans will go nuts.....I am just not sure that will happen. 

40 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Orgeron has spent most of his career as an assistant coach, maybe not so much as a coordinator. He has often been the recruiting coordinator though. He had a very unsuccessful stint at Ole Miss as Head Coach and a pretty decent very short stint at USCw as Interim Head Coach. This is certainly not about Gus. I am just talking about my opinion of Coach O. I think he has an outstanding rep. as a recruiter, but no so much anywhere else. Time will tell, but I don't see him lasting long at LSU. If he does well the fans will go nuts.....I am just not sure that will happen. 

I do not think he is a good coach at all but I did not think much of les coaching acumen ability either. Coach O will be a pain to us for as long as he is here with his recruiting ability. He can easily last for awhile just on luck and sheer talent alone like les did. Lsu is just one of the easiest schools to recruit at with no other big time in state school to go against. He has a great DC in aranda and a pretty good OC as well. Combine that with a roster always stocked to the brim with NFL talent and he can easily mask his coaching deficiencies. If he "brings" LSU good QB play they will love him forever.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/coaches/ed-orgeron/ This page it never lists him as defensive coordinator of USC. I do not ever remember him being a defensive coordinator anywhere especially usc. Under Kiffin his dad monte was the Defensive Coordinator and then he replaced him with Clancy pendergast in 2013. At best he might of had co DC and just never called defensive plays like crime dawg last year at AU.

Probably right.

A head coach that doesn't meddle isn't doing his job. He's paid to be responsible for everything. If he's not a meddler he's a loafer. Show me a head coach that doesn't meddle and I'll show you one that won't be around very long.

The only HC that meddled more than Pat Dye is Nick Saban. If you think Coach Jordan wasn't a meddler you never attended one of his practices. I hope Orgeron never meddles one bit at LSU because that's the fastest way for him to get sent away from there.

Coach O can recruit as well as anyone in the country, and even more so when he is at a program like USC or LSU. What concerns me is that Bama has tapped into Louisiana, so Coach O is getting really tight with the recruits in Alabama. Kirby Smart is locking down a lot of Georgia, and Richt is doing the same in South Florida. I'm confident in our staff as recruiters, but the territorial landscape has shifted a lot lately.  Our coaches better crank up the intensity and carve out some Auburn strongholds, and quick. 

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do not think he is a good coach at all but I did not think much of les coaching acumen ability either. Coach O will be a pain to us for as long as he is here with his recruiting ability. He can easily last for awhile just on luck and sheer talent alone like les did. Lsu is just one of the easiest schools to recruit at with no other big time in state school to go against. He has a great DC in aranda and a pretty good OC as well. Combine that with a roster always stocked to the brim with NFL talent and he can easily mask his coaching deficiencies. If he "brings" LSU good QB play they will love him forever.

I completely agree with your statement. Now on Fehoko, it would be nice to win this kid away from LSU. Obviously, we will need to make a strong late push. 

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I completely agree with your statement. Now on Fehoko, it would be nice to win this kid away from LSU. Obviously, we will need to make a strong late push. 

The moment I heard LSU had several Pacific islanders taking Fehoko on his recruiting tour was when I got the feeling that this would be a tough battle to win. I think Auburn only used one Pacific islander. Maybe we should ask him to come back for one more visit, hold a Luau and put out word asking for all the Pacific islanders in Auburn to show up. Half joking - half not.

58 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

The moment I heard LSU had several Pacific islanders taking Fehoko on his recruiting tour was when I got the feeling that this would be a tough battle to win. I think Auburn only used one Pacific islander. Maybe we should ask him to come back for one more visit, hold a Luau and put out word asking for all the Pacific islanders in Auburn to show up. Half joking - half not.

The only thing I wonder about is if being around Pacific Islander's are so important to him then you would think he would want to be recruited by Pac-12 teams. 

Just now, JFDTiger80 said:

The only thing I wonder about is if being around Pacific Islander's are so important to him then you would think he would want to be recruited by Pac-12 teams. 

SEC overall is much better than the PAC 12 schools. That's why 3 of his 4 finalists are SEC schools. 

Just now, ellitor said:

SEC overall is much better than the PAC 12 schools. That's why 3 of his 4 finalists are SEC schools. 

Right, that is why I don't think the whole Pacific Islander think is way important to him. It is probably something that may make him a little more comfortable. 

5 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Right, that is why I don't think the whole Pacific Islander think is way important to him. It is probably something that may make him a little more comfortable. 

It doesn't hurt if you have more of them than another SEC school.

13 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Being around like-minded people who share your experiences and values is always a plus. I just think its part of our human nature. That is coming from a person who lives in the U.S. but spent most of my life in Asia. All things being equal - if I had the chance to attend a school that had more Asians than another school, I would probably choose the school with more Asians.  

Edit: if we lose Fehoko to LSU I am going to chalk it up as being out Polynesianed by LSU.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It doesn't hurt if you have more of them than another SEC school.

Kinda like Nigerians?

If the choice was just how many Polynesians were at the school he would go to Hawaii or BYU

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If the choice was just how many Polynesians were at the school he would go to Hawaii or BYU

Ohana is very very underrated place to eat at Polynesian Resort at Disney World. Since we are talking about Polynesians. Made my mouth water. 

Image result for ohana disney world

49 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I hope we're still in the running for Breiden Fehoko and the Cal grad transfer.

If you consider being in a distant second to still being in the running then sure.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, GwillMac6 said:

When Lsu hired him instead of Herman, I tweaked my already bad left knee while celebrating that Lsu was now likely going to become a middle of the pack school in the SEC West for 3-4 seasons before he turns the program into a Dinardo class team. He can talk a great game and can recruit as well as any coach, but he will never be even close to having the success that Les Miles had. Lsu has always had good talent with bad coaches (Hallman, Dinardo...) There was never a drop off in talent signing with Lsu, but lack of great coaching was the problem then and will likely be in the future with Coach O. Soon the SEC West champion will be an Auburn and bammer show year in and out. I think that Auburn will soon be the dominant school in the SEC West and will make Uga start paying for the transgressions of their sins of winning against us the past few years.

Archived