Larry Porter New Offensive Assistant

ClaytonAU

2 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

With Chizik moving back to AU, should we give him an Analyst position? I would think he could help. Maybe he is the guy for the 10th assistant, as a DB assistant? 

Maybe they can hire Chiz as "Helmet Alignment Coach"

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DivisionN said:

Maybe the PTB can hire him as Co-Chief Meddler along with Tuberville?  I mean, at Pat Dye's age...

8 minutes ago, DivisionN said:

Or the "players wears short shorts" in practice coach. 

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

yeah...interesting that a coach who will get fired after this year is able to bring in such good assistants, gets Stidham signed up....and also lands a pretty good recruiting class. 

Do you think people on this board a missing something?   :dunno:

Nope. Gus is going All In trying to win big in 2017 to buy him some security time because he knows this year is make or break for him. Can't get swept by UGA & Bama again unless he gets 10 wins or better.

2 hours ago, jknighton said:

Nope...he's still a losing 8-4 season away from the unemployment line if the losses include UGA & Bama again.

FIFY

2 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

With Chizik moving back to AU, should we give him an Analyst position? I would think he could help. Maybe he is the guy for the 10th assistant, as a DB assistant? 

No. He wants to be a tv analyst.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Although he might have been guided towards making moves, I really like the ones Gus has made this off season. He has made some great hires on O and allowed KS to get his guy in Brown. Teaching and recruiting has been upgraded across the board.  As of now, it looks like Gus is starting to transition more to a HC role.  

Now we just need a defensive recruiter with the 10 coach in April to round out the staff.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Now we just need a defensive recruiter with the 10 coach in April to round out the staff.

Maybe its already lined up.;D

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE YUUUUUUUUGE AMAZING HIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so beyond pumped at this hire. I wanted Porter or Tim brewster for TE coach. So glad we got 1 of them. Dude is a lights out recruiter with great ties to the key state of florida for us. So glad gus recognized he needed to upgrade the offensive recruiting some and went out and got one of the best in the country at it. for today WAR DAMN GUS!!! Welcome coach porter!!!!!

4 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

We know Porter will open the door for recruits that were 'cool' on us, but will we see dividends this cycle? Or will we have to wait until '19?

This cycle, he is that type of a recruiter .  We got one of the best.

3 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Not sure I like the idea of 3 QB's on Special Teams... :-\

That was funny by the way -

Real Question:  We all want playmakers on the field (As CCL said - get the ball in your best player's hands).  Can JF III return kicks, maybe punts?  He dropped a couple of balls I think I recall as QB.  Did O-Mac return kicks?  

21 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

This cycle, he is that type of a recruiter .  We got one of the best.

Maybe but not sure about that. Being at UNC doesn't afford opportunities with the same caliber of recruits as AU does.

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

That was funny by the way -

Real Question:  We all want playmakers on the field (As CCL said - get the ball in your best player's hands).  Can JF III return kicks, maybe punts?  He dropped a couple of balls I think I recall as QB.  Did O-Mac return kicks?  

1 problem with that. JF3 got to where he doesn't like contact. I can't see him running to defenders who have  a full head of steam.

Yes O-Mac returned kicks.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Maybe but not sure about that. Being at UNC doesn't afford opportunities with the same caliber of recruits as AU does.

Look at the ins that McGriff got in this last cycle, he can and will do the same.

36 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Tim Horton's contract expires in June, something to keep an eye on. 

I don't see that as a factor. I think he stays another year unless he finds a suitable job he wants even if a lateral move.

Just now, auburnphan said:

Look at the ins that McGriff got in this last cycle, he can and will do the same.

True but coming from the pros, even if it's my crappy Saints, is instant credibility. UNC is not.

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Maybe the PTB can hire him as Co-Chief Meddler along with Tuberville?  I mean, at Pat Dye's age...

With all the HCs

hanging around or returning

AU's singing "Ex's and Oh's"

WDE Coach Porter

Welcome home

38 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Thanks E.  So he has not landed a 5* recruit since 2009?  

That's the last time he was at a school that can recruit 5*s other than 1 year at Texas which was a revolving crap show then.

Archived