Softball vs. BYU - Game Thread

WarTiger

Auburn playing their last game in Mexico today vs. BYU.    No tv or radio for today's game, which is unfortunate but got the game tracker going so will update as often as I can while I do other things. 

Lineup today:

Cooper
Wallace
Fagan
Veach
Shea
Gipson
Greenwood
Crocker
Draper

Martin gets the start in the circle for Auburn.  Top 1st she sets them down in order with 2 strike outs.

Bottom 1st Cooper singles up the middle.  Wallace grounds to second.  Cooper moves to 2nd.  1 out for Haley Fagan.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So ....how are you getting the details?  on the air anywhere?

Top 2nd.  BYU gets a baserunner after an error by Kasey Cooper.  Runner moves to 2nd on a sac bunt but is stranded there as Martin gets her 3rd strikeout of the game.   Gipson, Greenwood and Crocker coming up for Auburn.

17 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Auburn playing their last game in Mexico today vs. BYU.    No tv or radio for today's game, which is unfortunate but got the game tracker going so will update as often as I can while I do other things. 

Lineup today:

Cooper
Wallace
Fagan
Veach
Shea
Gipson
Greenwood
Crocker
Draper

Martin gets the start in the circle for Auburn.  Top 1st she sets them down in order with 2 strike outs.

Bottom 1st Cooper singles up the middle.  Wallace grounds to second.  Cooper moves to 2nd.  1 out for Haley Fagan.

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Gametracker is working today, for the first time.  No ball/strike info, though.

nothing for byu in the 3rd.  Bottom 3rd coming up and Auburn is back to the top of the order.  Cooper, Wallace and Fagan   Let's get some runs here.

Looks like you have reverted the old days when radio announcers called games miles away using ticker tape information and made-up color to help keep listeners engaged. I remember listening to the old Mobile Bears back in the 1950s with the ticker sound in the background as the game was called. Good job

1 minute ago, all4AU said:

Our offense is starting to concern me. We need to score off of this BYU pitcher. Their ace beat Washington last night and is resting (so far) this game. 

Bingo, our offense so far has not done much.  I was excited to see Casey back coaching as what he did two years ago for our hitting.  I accepted low hits in the OU and UW game based on competition, but definitely expected better against Nebraska and BYU.  Girls just need to get in that groove.

Martin gives up a single but a strike out then a caught stealing and fly to center ends the top of the 4th.   Auburn coming to bat.  Shea, Gipson, and Greenwood due up.

Archived