ScottsboroAuburnFan

4_4653957.jpg

Moultrie, GA (Colquitt County)

Ht 6-2 Wt 210

247 Profile

Offers include AU, UGA, Clemson, & Florida

High target on staff's board per AU 247

Teammate of AU signee John Samuel Shenker

High School coach is Rush Propst who has a good relationship with AU OC Chip Lindsey

26 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Naw... We offer everyone else first and then go after the #1 target on the board... 

:dunno:

Nobody credible has said he's the top target although he is high on the board per a free post from Keith.

3 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I saw him play every position except LB in the hudl highlights. Are we looking at him for multiple positions? He looks to be an excellent prospect and Propst will have him ready. 

It was a weird highlight tape but the 1st play he was at OLB. We are recruiting him as an LB.

9 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

He was listed as top LB target by SEC country. They had a list of Top guys at few positions. All others seemed dead on. 

Wolk said one of the top LB targets for JJP, not #1. And I wouldn't say all others were dead on. Looks like Fields & Gouriage were just floated out there. Keith hasn't even nailed down our believed top targets yet at a number of positions. I wouldn't expect Wolk to do it.

On 2/13/2017 at 2:03 AM, AU80cruiser said:

I saw him play every position except LB in the hudl highlights. Are we looking at him for multiple positions? He looks to be an excellent prospect and Propst will have him ready. 

We will probably give him an offer at HB :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Has Bama on top, AU not in top 3

Peterson did give up some info with his recruitment. The elite 4-star prospect from South Georgia has Alabama as his No. 1 school. Georgia and Oregon are also in his top three. But it’s the Crimson Tide who have Peterson’s attention.

• 1 month later...

Really not that major TBH. AU is trending in the right direction but still have a long way to go.

Peterson, country's No. 1 OLB, 'not going to fail'

JJ Peterson talks Tigers, Tide, Bulldogs and more in this in-depth interview.

Keith Niebuhr

MOULTRIE, Ga., — According to 4-star linebacker JJ Peterson of Colquitt County High, he isn’t the first one in his family to have athletic ability.

“They all had talent … and they didn’t make it,’ he said. “To me, I’ve got to make it. I tell myself, I’m not going to fail.”

Peterson, the No. 1 outside linebacker in the 247Sports Composite, is the No. 35 overall recruit in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. He’s a top Auburn target and currently lists the Tigers No. 2 behind his leader, Alabama.

In the past year, Peterson has faced life-altering challenges, including the birth of his daughter and the death of his grand-father. He lost his dad to Lupus when he was a child.

“I try to keep the grind going,” Peterson said.

At Auburn, he has found a father-like figure of sorts in linebackers coach Travis Williams, the college coach he said he is closer with more than any.

“That’s my man,” Peterson said. “He came up like I did.”

Williams’ message to Peterson?

“His message is, he wants me to come see it, chill, get a feel for it,” Peterson said. “He ain't telling me like Georgia, telling me to commit, stuff like that. I don’t like that. At all.”

According to Peterson, he plans to visit Alabama, Auburn and FSU after school gets out. Possibly Oregon, too. We’ve since confirmed the Tigers expect to have him at Big Cat Weekend on June 3.

What stands out with the Tide?

“I just like the family atmosphere and all the players,” Peterson said. “I get along with them real good. Some of them have backgrounds like me.”

Click play to hear Peterson’s full interview with the SEC Recruiting Buzz podcast on Vsporto.com.

Auburn all over nation’s best OLB

JJ Peterson is the nation’s best outside linebacker.

That’s what the 247Sports composite rankings say. That’s what most people say when they’ve watched the Colquitt County (Ga.) linebacker play on Friday nights.

This most recent Friday night, Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and linebackers coach Travis Williams went to scout Peterson’s spring game. They weren’t alone. Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt made the trip, as well.

DSC_0101_ztlokx.jpg
Rush Propst and JJ Peterson (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

SEC Country attended the game and spoke with Peterson’s high school coach Rush Propst, who has coached above coordinators on both the Crimson Tide and Tigers staffs. Alabama is the clear-cut leader at this time, but don’t rule out Auburn, which has solidly confirmed itself as the No. 2 school, thanks to Peterson’s tight-knit relationship with Williams.

Peterson’s decision could be coming sooner rather than later, and getting him on campus for Big Cat Weekend would be a big move.

“This recruitment is a long ways from being over,” Propst said. “Auburn is still in it. We’re going to take him to Georgia and Florida State and he’s probably going to end up visiting Michigan, too. Oregon is in the mix. Those are probably the six. I don’t think you can eliminate any of those schools right now, in my opinion.”

If we could sign JJ Peterson and Quay Walker, that would be a great start at getting a strong group of linebackers for 2018.

5 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If we could sign JJ Peterson and Quay Walker, that would be a great start at getting a strong group of linebackers for 2018.

If we got them it likely would be the entire 2018 class as the plan right now is to only take 2 LBs in the class.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If we got them it likely would be the entire 2018 class as the plan right now is to only take 2 LBs in the class.

we need 8 LB's

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

we need 8 LB's

Five would probably be sufficient, but certainly no fewer than four. Two years ago when we only signed one is still gumming up the picture.

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

we need 8 LB's

That LB's stands for linebackers, not pounds golf.

9 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

That LB's stands for linebackers, not pounds of beer golf.

FIFY

• 1 month later...

So....Do we really have a chance here or is he still too much of an uat lean?

Archived