2018 4* LB JJ Peterson

ScottsboroAuburnFan

14 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

So....Do we really have a chance here or is he still too much of an uat lean?

We have a chance.

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Have a legit shot. uga still leads. Big time visit for AU. Kid is a stud. 

Are you sure? By all accounts I've seen Bama has led for a good number of months now.

Twill has kept this close I don't see him signing with us at this moment though. Maybe if Propst wasn't his coach but his bama ties and relationship with Pruitt trump the ties he has with Chip. We will see though visit went very good as always. Kid loves Twill and would love to play for him. Bama has him sold that if he wants to make NFL and provide for his daughter then he needs to come to bama where they get a lb drafted in the 1st round nearly every year. I really can't argue with this it is correct bama always has stud lb who are drafted high in the NFL.

36 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Twill has kept this close I don't see him signing with us at this moment though. Maybe if Propst wasn't his coach but his bama ties and relationship with Pruitt trump the ties he has with Chip. We will see though visit went very good as always. Kid loves Twill and would love to play for him. Bama has him sold that if he wants to make NFL and provide for his daughter then he needs to come to bama where they get a lb drafted in the 1st round nearly every year. I really can't argue with this it is correct bama always has stud lb who are drafted high in the NFL.

But dont they keep getting the best LBs out there or are they turning 3 star talent into draft picks? Im asking a serious question. Not trying to be funny.

2 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

But dont they keep getting the best LBs out there or are they turning 3 star talent into draft picks? Im asking a serious question. Not trying to be funny.

They get the best to play at their best

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

To recruits & many parents that doesn't matter. All they want to know is are your guys going pro regardless of ratings.

• 3 months later...

Since AU has pretty much not recruited JJP in a month moving the thread to the Rivals section.

Scratch Auburn linebacker target off list? Perhaps

Auburn already has one linebacker committed in Michael Harris, but expect the Tigers to take one or potentially two more in this cycle.

Alabama-Alabama football-Alabama recruiting-JJ Peterson
Linebacker prospect JJ Peterson said Auburn has backed off with its communication. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

The recruiting board includes remaining targets such as JJ Peterson, Quay Walker, Channing Tindall and Zakoby McClain. Walker, despite being an Alabama commit, is one to watch. Tindall has seemed like a long shot for the Tigers all cycle, but he’s been in communication with linebackers coach Travis Williams about a potential Iron Bowl visit. McClain could be one to look at as a more down-the-road guy.

Peterson, on the other hand, hasn’t had much information put out there about him recently. SEC Country caught up with him and his high school coach, Rush Propst. Both made it clear Alabama — as has been the case since the beginning — is the clear favorite.

According to Peterson, Auburn hasn’t even been in much contact of late.

“I don’t really talk to them. I haven’t talked to them since the Lowndes game [on Oct. 27]. It’s been a minute,” he said.

That’s a stark difference from his previous comments saying his closest relationship was with Williams. Peterson will make his decision after the season, but for the time being, there’s not a realistic scenario I can draw up where he lands at Auburn over Alabama.

At this point, I think Auburn holds out hope for Walker or Tindall. Otherwise, the Tigers turn to McClain, who seemed like a lock to land in the class during the summer.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Since AU has pretty much not recruited JJP in a month moving the thread to the Rivals section.

Hmm. Taking two... I don't see two on the list that wants to come as of right now. Maybe a flip from Walker.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

LoveMe.gif

How I feel about channing tindall!!!! lol. Even LB's we do not get have glowing reviews about Twill. But Mr Tindall seems to be the one exception. For whatever reason he has not meshed with Auburn and our staff this cycle!!! :[ Pretty upsetting since he is from the same high school as twill!

On 11/21/2017 at 2:05 AM, AU80cruiser said:

I like JJ Peterson but Quay Walker has about a 2.5" and 10lb advantage. They both look like really good LBs though.

Their evals per 247 FWIW

Quay

Walker is a jumbo-athlete who can run. He has played a lot of offense, and you see his speed, agility and athleticism immediately. But his future is on defense. He is a new-age linebacker who can be used as a pass rusher out of the two-point stance or run with the running backs and tight ends in coverage. He is still raw in technique, and he needs to improve at the point of attack when playing the run, but he has so much upside. He can carry plenty of weight while maintaining his speed and agility.

JJP

When you watch Peterson, he is a blur at times between the lines. He is an outside linebacker you see make plays in space, get to the quarterback off the edge, and one that can drop into coverage and hold his own. He plays with aggression, effort and speed at all times. He has great size and he explodes through the ball carrier when he makes the tackle. He has all the traits you look for in an elite linebacker. He could play outside or inside on the next level.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Their evals per 247 FWIW

Quay

JJP

When you watch Peterson, he is a blur at times between the lines. He is an outside linebacker you see make plays in space, get to the quarterback off the edge, and one that can drop into coverage and hold his own. He plays with aggression, effort and speed at all times. He has great size and he explodes through the ball carrier when he makes the tackle. He has all the traits you look for in an elite linebacker. He could play outside or inside on the next level.

Nice! We need the future of our linebacking corps now. Tre is going to be gone soon and the next torch bearers will be gone next year. It would be nice to replace Tre with another 5 star

• 9 months later...

Archived