2018 4* WR Jacob Copeland

ellitor

4_4343985.jpg

Pensacola, FL (Pine Forest)

Ht 6-1 Wt 188

247 Profile

28 offers including AU, FSU, Florida, Bama, UGA, Clemson, LSU, Miami, Michigan, tOSU, Tennessee & USC

AU believed to have a real shot along with FSU, & UF

Been to AU a number of times

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

4_4343985.jpg

Pensacola, FL (Pine Forest)

Ht 6-1 Wt 188

247 Profile

28 offers including AU, FSU, Florida, Bama, UGA, Clemson, LSU, Miami, Michigan, tOSU, Tennessee & USC

AU believed to have a real shot along with FSU, & UF

Been to AU a number of times

Who has recruiting responsibility for AU in the Mobile/northern Florida area?  Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Who has recruiting responsibility for AU in the Mobile/northern Florida area?  Thanks. 

Don't remember & may shift now with staff changes.

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

MUST get IMO. He's getting recruited hard by Worm and Gatewood.

& Kodi since he became WR coach.

Yes absolutely. Kodi is all over him and Copeland likes the relationship. I feel like we've all been saying this for a few years but just a good offensive showing on the field will secure some of this top talent. Too much inconsistency.

17 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Yes absolutely. Kodi is all over him and Copeland likes the relationship. I feel like we've all been saying this for a few years but just a good offensive showing on the field will secure some of this top talent. Too much inconsistency.

Agreed. I still think it's unlikely we get any WR commits before the season after Chip hopefully shows what his pass O can do married with a Gus run mindset. A big passing day at A Day would be a nice shot in the arm though.

As we all know the offense is very vanilla during the A-Day game, but Chip will surely want to give the fans as well as the opposition a taste of what he has in store for this season. 

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

As we all know the offense is very vanilla during the A-Day game, but Chip will surely want to give the fans as well as the opposition a taste of what he has in store for this season. 

It would be awesome to go all petrino in the spring game and just sling it around for 500 yards or so like I believe lamar jackson did last yr in their spring game but that would be so anti gus. Copeland really seems to love him some kodi. AWESOME sign for kodi on the trail. now just got to sling it during the fall to give him some more ammo to use to make it easier to recruit these stud wrs.

I agree.  We should just throw it around.  Throw a few to the tight ends.  Show teams something new to respect with this offense. 

54 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It would be awesome to go all petrino in the spring game and just sling it around for 500 yards or so like I believe lamar jackson did last yr in their spring game but that would be so anti gus. Copeland really seems to love him some kodi. AWESOME sign for kodi on the trail. now just got to sling it during the fall to give him some more ammo to use to make it easier to recruit these stud wrs.

That would be a nice change of pace . 

6 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Chip will surely want to give the fans as well as the opposition a taste of what he has in store for this season. 

That is the plan as of now.

• 1 month later...

Clemson leads

NEW ORLEANS -- Wide receiver Jacob Copeland, the 38th-ranked player in the ESPN Junior 300, has a top contender.

The 6-foot, 189-pound, prospect admittedly has a top five of Florida, Auburn, Clemson, Miami and North Carolina, but it’s Clemson that has made a big surge for the four-star pass-catcher from Pensacola, Florida.

“Right now, I have Clemson, Florida, Auburn, Miami and North Carolina at the top,” Copeland said. “But Clemson, they are set high for me. I just love their passing game and the way they throw the ball around. I would say Clemson is my leader.

“Clemson, that’s ‘Wide Receiver U’. They have like five receivers on the field at once, they are going to throw the ball around a lot. I have a good relationship with (offensive coordinator) Coach Jeff Scott. He just told me that I have a good skill set and he said if I just come in and work that I have a guarantee that I can come in and start.”

Despite Clemson being in the lead, the Gators are not far behind.

“Florida was my dream school growing up. I was the first recruit coach [Jim] McElwain offered when he took the job at Florida,”Copeland said. “We text just about every day and coach [Kerry] Dixon just texts me and tells me that if I come in and work I have a chance to earn a spot early on if Antonio Callaway leaves.”

Alabama was a team that most people felt would eventually land the talented athlete, but the Crimson Tide have fallen behind, according to Copeland.

“They still up there for me, but Alabama is a running team and I don’t really want to go to a running team. They wanted me to switch positions from receiver to DB and I listened to my mom and she was like ‘what got you here in the recruiting process?’ and I was like ‘wide receiver’, and she said ‘then stick to receiver.’ So that’s what I’m going to do.”

Copeland, who plans to make his commitment during the Under Armour All-America Game in January, said he will be paying close attention to how his favorite schools do this fall.

“I’m just going to watch what happens during the season. I’m going to watch how teams do, who throws the ball, what the depth charts look like. I know there is competition anywhere you go, but still, this is where I’ll be going for the next three or four years, so I just want to make sure the depth chart looks good.”

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Can't deny or argue with his reasoning. That's why I'm baffled we can't land top RBs

Are we being negatively recruited against like Spurrier was with the "system QB" label for our running backs?  He passed the ball all the time it seemed especially compared to the other conference teams when he was at UF but never seemed to get that huge QB talent.  Got really good solid players.  Kind of like we do at running back.

to get back on track this Copeland kids looks like a very solid player.  WR recruiting could be huge or could be a big swing and miss.  Long way til signing day.

12 hours ago, corchjay said:

Are we being negatively recruited against like Spurrier was with the "system QB" label for our running backs?

If we can't counter that by pointing out that AU RB1 plays Sunday ball, period- Barber, Artis-Payne, Mason, Tate, Irons (drafted in 2nd round before getting injured), Brown, Williams... even "peripheral" guys like Grant, Fannin, Jacobs, Tristan Davis, McCalebb (sorta)- then we really have an image problem. 

(Okay, so Brad Lester didn't get to the NFL, but he did play Canadian ball. And Dyer finished his career elsewhere. Argh. What could have been.)

Copeland's mom sounds like a smart cookie. 

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

I really like this Jason Copeland guy. Think he could be good for us. 

its going to be a wild rollercoaster ride. He will not be committing for a long time and no doubt every place he goes he will say its the greatest visit ever and have multiple leaders. Its been said by the experts he loves the recruiting game.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

its going to be a wild rollercoaster ride. He will not be committing for a long time and no doubt every place he goes he will say its the greatest visit ever and have multiple leaders. Its been said by the experts he loves the recruiting game.

Props on painting the picture without insulting the kid or using the word "drama". Seriously. We can make these observations without making it personal, and I appreciate how you did so here.

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Props on painting the picture without insulting the kid or using the word "drama". Seriously. We can make these observations without making it personal, and I appreciate how you did so here.

Got a little something on your nose.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Got a little something on your nose.

It's this new thing I'm trying...

Btw, watching Sesame Street with my toddlette. She says your performance in this episode is "ok". *shrug*

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's this new thing I'm trying...

Btw, watching Sesame Street with my toddlette. She says your performance in this episode is "ok". *shrug*

I've been phoning it in for years

Archived