2018 4* WR Jacob Copeland

ellitor

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Props on painting the picture without insulting the kid or using the word "drama". Seriously. We can make these observations without making it personal, and I appreciate how you did so here.

I am trying this new thing out that is quickly catching fire these days. It is called being nice!!! Never heard of it till recently! lol

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am trying this new thing out that is quickly catching fire these days. It is called being nice!!! Never heard of it till recently! lol

Lol. Definitely wasn't suggesting you're prone to trashing the kids. Some are, though.

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lol. Definitely wasn't suggesting you're prone to trashing the kids. Some are, though.

O no doubt. I know that. I am prone to being negative though! 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

O no doubt. I know that. I am prone to being negative though! 

Not that Loof's opinion matters one bit, but I'm totally okay with negative as long as it's logical. It's logical to be negative on Auburn football these days. (It's also logical to be positive. There are facts to support both arguments.)

What I can't stand is when people get personal towards kids they don't know a single real thing about. That's illogical. And it's damaging. 

22 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Not sure I know what any of those words mean...

I know what all of those words mean. Put together in the manner that they are, however, is a little difficult to understand. But I'm old and it looks positive for Auburn so I'm good with it, lol. Not sure what some of those emojis mean either, but again, I'm old.

So let me offer you a fool proof method of understanding tweets such as these: become drinking buddies with a teenager of the oppoiste gender ?

On 3/28/2017 at 3:28 PM, JoeinPF said:

So let me offer you a fool proof method of understanding tweets such as these: become drinking buddies with a teenager of the oppoiste gender ?

I see an arrest in your future for Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor. I think if we drink alone enough the meaning of these tweets will become clear anyway, though that wouldn't be as much fun as your suggested method. :)

On 3/28/2017 at 3:28 PM, JoeinPF said:

bag man identity confirmed!

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is a fast change. Clemson led nearly 3 weeks ago.

Jacob Copeland narrows choices to Auburn and Florida after Clemson visit

AUBURN, Ala. — Jacob Copeland had a busy weekend.

In a three-day span, the 4-star wide receiver visited Florida, Clemson and Auburn — the three schools he’s been most intrigued by in his recruiting process. The biggest shakeup of the weekend happened at Clemson, a school he was starting a favor. Copeland said his visit to the Clemson spring game actually showed him something different from what he expected.

Clemson is no longer near the top, or in the mix, after what he referred to as a surprising experience in Death Valley.

“Clemson was high for me. Once I got there, I felt like everybody was a stranger. I didn’t feel too welcome around there. I thought it was going to be one of the places I could live for, but it didn’t feel like a fit for me,” Copeland told SEC Country. “It changed a lot up for me.”

RECRUITING: Highlights from Auburn’s successful A-Day recruiting weekend

That feeling he felt at Clemson made him take a step back to recognize his priorities. He wants that family feel, a place where he feels welcome and comfortable at all times.

The two places he’s felt that on every visit: Auburn and Florida. On Sunday, Copeland listed the Tigers and the Gators as his top two schools and said he expects those to be the programs he’s choosing between when he announces at the Under Armour All-America Game.

“The top two, by the looks of it. Auburn and Florida,” Copeland said. “When I show up at those campuses, I always feel love. I can do what I want. I don’t have to do this-and-that like other schools want me to do. I always come here and feel welcome, and I’m always welcome at Florida. Those two places I feel really good at and know I could live there for four to five years.”

Other schools could potentially work their way into the mix.

Miami, Georgia and North Carolina were the first programs Copeland mentioned. He also referenced his long-standing relationship with Tennessee wide receivers coach Kevin Beard who recruited Copeland during stints with the Miami and Florida International coaching staffs. That bond could help the Volunteers re-enter the mix.

Still, it’s Auburn and Florida that stand out.

DSC_0310_gwwv3w.jpg
Auburn WR target Jacob Copeland (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

He took in the Gators’ spring game on Friday night and came away impressed by quarterback Felipe Franks. One thing that will help Florida is head coach Jim McElwain’s involvement in Copeland’s recruitment. He said head coaches aren’t typically a big factor in his recruitment, but McElwain is one of his primary points of contact.

“They’ve been recruiting me so long since freshman year. They’ve been recruiting me heavy ever since. I talk with coach Mac every day. I communicate with a lot of staff there,” Copeland said.  “I already feel like I’m a player over there.”

Copeland decided to end his weekend at Auburn for two reasons.

One, he enjoys a chance to chop it up with wide receivers coach Kodi Burns at every opportunity. And two, the lackluster visit to Clemson made Copeland want to end his recruiting weekend on a high note, which he always knows he can expect from Auburn.

The trip gave the 6-foot-1, 195-pound receiver from Escambia High in Pensacola, Fla., a chance to talk with Burns and offensive coordinator coach Lindsey. Copeland and Lindsey checked out some tape from Auburn’s A-Day spring game, which showed Copeland how different Auburn’s passing game could look in 2017.

“I came into their office to check out what was going on with the spring game to see how much they were throwing the ball. In the first half, seeing they put up like 300-something yards, they ain’t going to key in on one receiver. They’re going to throw it all around the field in open spots,” Copland said. “Stidham, he threw the ball real well from what I just seen on the highlight tape in the spring game. The true freshman Malik, he looked good. That’s a good look for me.”

Copeland doesn’t have any visits planned in the near future, but knows he’ll be back at Auburn for Big Cat Weekend on June 3.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I sure wish he would have been at our A-day game yesterday, but maybe he saw enough with the highlight tape of the game, or will watch the replay.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't think Clemson was ever leading. Just trending. 

Well he said they were leading 3 weeks ago. That's what I was going by.

23 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

I sure wish he would have been at our A-day game yesterday, but maybe he saw enough with the highlight tape of the game, or will watch the replay.

he stopped by the day after on his way back from clemson. Good sign. We will have many more opportunities in the fall to showcase our passing game for him.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

he stopped by the day after on his way back from clemson. Good sign. We will have many more opportunities in the fall to showcase our passing game for him.

And he has already said via the free snapshot article by Keith that he is coming back for BCW.

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And he has already said via the free snapshot article by Keith that he is coming back for BCW.

WOO!! I like that.

25 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Stampini predicting UF

I am of the belief no one knows where the kid is going because he himself does not know. I think he takes it all the way until signing day even though he said he would announce at the under armour game. He enjoys the process of being wooed by coaches too much.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am of the belief no one knows where the kid is going because he himself does not know. I think he takes it all the way until signing day even though he said he would announce at the under armour game. He enjoys the process of being wooed by coaches too much.

I think he pops before the Under Armour game. Whether he sticks with whoever he pops for remains to be seen.

Archived