2018 4* WR Jacob Copeland

ellitor

51 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Yeah well a Top 5 is coming soon so...:-\

with this kid expect stuff like this daily. He loves the spotlight. Just released a top 2 now a top 5! lololol I am sorry but it is April Kid.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O BOY! we made the top 2 and top 5! WOOOOOOO!!! What is our prize?

Just now, McLoofus said:

When we stop knowing what his top 5 is ten minutes after he announces it, I'll start making fun of him for offering it. 

but what about a top 10 Loof?! Is that where you draw the line?

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

but what about a top 10 Loof?! Is that where you draw the line?

The supply only exists because there's a demand. As long as recruiting analysts have paid subscribers, coaches sing happy birthday to recruits over the phone, nick saban enters into dance contests with other coaches at kids' grandparents' birthday parties and people like us spend all day hanging out on recruiting forums, then kids like this can put out a new top 100 list every day and laugh at us while they do it and I won't blame them one bit.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

The supply only exists because there's a demand. As long as recruiting analysts have paid subscribers, coaches sing happy birthday to recruits over the phone, nick saban enters into dance contests with other coaches at kids' grandparents' birthday parties and people like us spend all day hanging out on recruiting forums, then kids like this can put out a new top 100 list every day and laugh at us while they do it and I won't blame them one bit.

A lot of these kids are simply overwhelmed, hence the back tracking.

22 hours ago, metafour said:

A lot of these kids are simply overwhelmed, hence the back tracking.

This. I'm told AU is at least in the top 2 for this kid. Could be a slight leader. Loves the way Kodi isn't BS'ing him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update

4-star wide receiver Jacob Copeland, Escambia

DSC_0001-5_miczxe.jpg
4-star WR Jacob Copeland (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Kirschner: Florida is recruiting Copeland the hardest out of the schools he’s considering, but it’s Alabama who’s gaining the most steam in his recruitment. He was in Tuscaloosa last week for a visit, and he’ll return to Alabama on Saturday for the Tide’s spring game. He believes that early playing time, which is the most important factor in his recruitment, is obtainable at Alabama, Auburn and Florida. Copeland originally had a top two of Florida and Auburn as of just two weeks ago. He threw that out after talking to the staffs at Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee, which are the schools that comprise his top 5, along with Florida and Auburn. Those staffs made it clear to him how badly they wanted him in their recruiting class even after he stated publicly that he was down to just the Gators and Tigers. He doesn’t have any official visits set just yet, but he stated how he would like to visit an unnamed California school and Michigan. He said that even if he visited those schools the all-SEC top 5 will be hard to crack. Copeland will make his commitment at the Under Armour All-America Game in January.

Wolk: Since Copeland’s most recent visit to Auburn, a few things have changed with his recruitment. His narrowed options of Auburn and Florida have added three more competitors: Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee. Alabama, in particular, revved up its recruiting efforts of Copeland since then. He will attend the Crimson Tide spring game on Saturday, which will be his second trip in as many weeks to Tuscaloosa. Copeland mentioned Alabama’s decision to move a few defensive backs to wide receiver, and he feels like that gives him an easier opportunity to play early, something that has Alabama much more in the mix than before. As for Auburn, Kodi Burns remains the coach he’s closest to and said Burns told him he’d be down in Pensacola next week to visit his high school. The plan remains for Copeland to decide at the Under Armour All-America Game.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I think AU isn't pushing for this kid like they were in the past. Too much of a drama queen. 

uat made a huge splash with lots of AU recruits over the weekend. 

Damn do you not have any good news?:angry:

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I am ok with that. I have the feeling that pursuing Copeland is like going after that hot girl in high school who keeps flirting with you but whom you couldn't get to commit. Let's spend our energies more efficiently.

• 2 weeks later...

WR from Florida offers high Auburn praise — again

PENSACOLA, Fla. — Jacob Copeland’s preferences have changed a few times throughout his recruiting process.

A few top schools have been eliminated. On more than one occasion, one of his schools of interest re-emerged after saying publicly that he’d reduced his options to other programs.

Through all of that, one thing has remained constant: Auburn.

RECRUITING: Q&A with 5-star Auburn linebacker signee Tadarian Moultry

“That’s one of those schools, you can’t go wrong going to Auburn, just knowing you’ll have coaches that’ll take care of you,” Copeland told SEC Country. “Coach Kodi Burns, he’s like a big brother to me. Me and him, we vibe all the time, we talk all the time. It’s hardly ever about football. It’s after football life. He’s always got me, even if I wasn’t to come to Auburn. He always tells me I have the ability to be a first-round draft pick. He wants to guide me through to be a man.”

If Copeland ever had any doubts about Auburn, it stemmed from his uncertainty with the passing game.

He’s well aware of the Tigers’ tendencies as a run-first team. During the 2016 season, Copeland wondered why the offense wasn’t utilizing top wide receivers such as Nate Craig-Myers. Any of those concerns were washed away with one film session with Burns and offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey.

Jacob Copeland-Florida Gators recruiting
Auburn WR target Jacob Copeland plans to announce his decision at the Under Armour All-America Game. (Zach Abolverdi/SEC Country)

The trio sat down for a quick tape review during Copeland’s most recent swing through the Plains. Auburn’s spring game was the primary topic of conversation.

Copeland liked what he saw.

“They’ve got [Jarrett] Stidham. He’s young. They’ve got the other true freshman quarterback [Malik Willis]. When I stopped back by coming back from Clemson, I sat in a room with Coach Burns and Coach Lindsey. They showed proof,” Copeland said. “They threw for like 700 yards in the spring game. All the receivers had like 87 to 100 yards each. Just coming in, I know what their receivers can do. I feel like I’ve got something in my mind that other receivers can’t do.”

Copeland’s decision remains far off.

After saying Auburn and Florida were the only programs remaining, the 4-star wide receiver decided to take a step back and reopen his options to five. That added Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee to the mix.

Copeland plans to announce his choice on national television at the Under Armour All-America Game.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I read that 6-0, 192 4* WR, Jacob Copeland committed to Florida.

?where, two posts above yours?

Archived