2018 4* RB Asa Martin Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't know how legit it is but starting to see some AU chatter with Asa.

Actually heard those rumblings, too. ;) 

homer-simpson.gif

• Love 1

If Asa signs with us he immediately becomes my second favorite ASA of all time behind this one! lol 

asa.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Asa would be the first AU signee/scholarship player from my Alma Mater, so I will be a huge fan from day 1 he joins the family. 

Did not realize we had never signed anyone from Austin High....seems weird

3 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Thursday is too far away.

Time to call up our very own peaches which is Jeris Mcintyre and hide him out in a beach house all week so we make sure he picks Auburn! lol

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Did not realize we had never signed anyone from Austin High....seems weird

It is weird.  We've had a few good athletes come out of AHS, but mostly basketball. Not many P5 football scholarships, especially compared to DHS. 

I'm hoping Coach Perkins stays there a long time and Asa is the first of many stellar recruits to come through the AHS to AU pipeline!

Edited by AUpreacherman22
  • Like 1

It is Def legit.  At least that our coaches feel optimistic and have always believed we had legit shot. The coaches have felt good and that we were right there even with bama for a while now. I have just seen this to many times with in state kids that bama is confident about. Our coaches have always felt we were right there and could get Asa. When bama sources are as confident as they or have been at least it usually isn't good news though. We will get a solid rb this class. I would like to see us sign someone who could run between the tackles but Asa is talented. 

• Like 2

Just now, austudnt23 said:

It is Def legit.  At least that our coaches feel optimistic and have always believed we had legit shot. The coaches have felt good and that we were right there even with bama for a while now. I have just seen this to many times with in state kids that bama is confident about. Our coaches have always felt we were right there and could get Asa. When bama sources are as confident as they or have been at least it usually isn't good news though. We will get a solid rb this class. I would like to see us sign someone who could run between the tackles but Asa is talented. 

Sounds like this one is to close to call as of now and it will be undecided right up till he announces with no one really knowing.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Sounds like this one is to close to call as of now and it will be undecided right up till he announces with no one really knowing.

I know confidence has grown at AU,  but I will not feel comfortable until the bama confidence goes down.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I like new Jeff

lol SLOW DOWN! BELIEVE ME Old Jeff is still alive and well. DO not bury him yet.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol SLOW DOWN! BELIEVE ME Old Jeff is still alive and well. DO not bury him yet.

Please don't bury me yet. I just escaped the age of 27. That's a pretty big deal for board rockstars. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Please don't bury me yet. I just escaped the age of 27. That's a pretty big deal for board rockstars. 

you basically just confirmed you are not a big  deal since only the good die at 27!

Edited by GwillMac6

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

you basically just confirmed you are not a big  deal since only the good die at 27!

Ok. I'm s'pose to be the negative one around here. Where are your que cards?

• Haha 1

Just now, fredst said:

Sabbatical did wonders. Good on you, Jeff!

IT WAS ME!!! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!! I was training him this whole time with my Power of positivity training mr fred! 

tumblr_mhymb6Kjn61rqx5igo1_250.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

Sabbatical did wonders. Good on you, Jeff!

Thanks. I'll try not to stink up the forums with frequent traffic. Feel free and please  PM and thump me if  I get carried away. I'm :ucrazy:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IT WAS ME!!! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!! I was training him this whole time with my Power of positivity training mr fred! 

tumblr_mhymb6Kjn61rqx5igo1_250.gif

We are 0-0. 15-0 ship baby

• Love 1

11 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Thanks. I'll try not to stink up the forums with frequent traffic. Feel free and please  PM and thump me if  I get carried away. I'm :ucrazy:

Who let this guy back in? 

Just kiddin. Welcome back. 

Regarding Martin, I hear about the rumblings but I can't help but feel like we are being setup for another let down. Has happened too often last 8-10 years to not be gun shy. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by ellitor
  • Sad 1