2018 4* RB Asa Martin Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

I FEEL THE NEEEEEEEED!!! THE NEEEEEED FOR SPEEED!!! WOOOOOO!!!

• Love 1

To me, Asa, KJ, Alaric Williams, and Roc all have the same type of build and skill set.  They remind me of and could be utilized very much like Percy Harvin, Randall Cobb, or Stefon Diggs were in college.

7 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Having hearing Asa commit to Auburn is an awesome way to get your day started. Welcome to the Auburn Family, Asa.

Gus suck right

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

I love the sound you make when you shut up

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

This was a big time commit. His film has grown on me. I watched it over la st night amd I believe he will have great senior year. We beat bama out for an instate rb they really wanted makes this commit even bigger. 

How good do you think this guy will be?  I've given up on looking at highlights since after watching Roc Thomas' super quickness I thought he would be special.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

To me, Asa, KJ, Alaric Williams, and Roc all have the same type of build and skill set.  They remind me of and could be utilized very much like Percy Harvin, Randall Cobb, or Stefon Diggs were in college.

Whitlow too?

• Like 1

About war damn time we grabbed a big time RB. Its time to get up. Loved the videos and the letter from Asa. 

Huge Get. Continuing the tradition at RBAU. << I'm copyrighting that one. 

:wareagle:

• Like 1

"The Journey".....a wonderful movie......almost cried at the happy ending...:)

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

"The Journey".....a wonderful movie......almost cried at the happy ending...:)

Ummm...What kind of movie were you watching?

8 hours ago, oracle79 said:

How good do you think this guy will be?  I've given up on looking at highlights since after watching Roc Thomas' super quickness I thought he would be special.

Highlights are great.  They show you the athletic ability of these kids.  What highlights can't show you is drive, will power and personal perseverance.  The problem with a lot of these kids is that they have been one of the best (if not the best) athlete on the field in high school.  When they get to college (especially big time ball like SEC) they become just another athlete.  It takes something special to push yourself above the others around you when everyone is just as talented.

Now as for Asa, I do not know the kid so I would not presume to make any assumption about how good\great he COULD be.  What I can say from his highlights is that he has all of the intangibles that you want in a RB coming out of high school.  Good size, speed and power.  Only he can control the rest from here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Right there with you on Roc. Some of the best high school film I've ever seen. I thought he was another Caddy. Slam dunk.

So I won't make any predictions about Asa, BUT... if we missed on our eval here, so did the last two coaches to compete for and win national titles. saban in particular very much wanted this guy. That's not little brother talking. That's an objective observation on a coach who has sent a steady stream of RBs in the early rounds of the NFL draft going on 10 years now.

Question, and I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered: Can he block? That doesn't tend to show up in highlight reels. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, oracle79 said:

The thing about Roc is that he would have been great, if he wasn't so fragile. Roc never had the time to reach his potential because he was on the sidelines nursing an injury before the end of nearly every game. Fortunately, not every back that reminds us of him will have that problem.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Right there with you on Roc. Some of the best high school film I've ever seen. I thought he was another Caddy. Slam dunk.

So I won't make any predictions about Asa, BUT... if we missed on our eval here, so did the last two coaches to compete for and win national titles. saban in particular very much wanted this guy. That's not little brother talking. That's an objective observation on a coach who has sent a steady stream of RBs in the early rounds of the NFL draft going on 10 years now.

Question, and I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered: Can he block? That doesn't tend to show up in highlight reels. 

You are right that this normally does not show in highlights, but for this kid it does.  If you watch his HUDL highlights he actually makes an effort to put some video of him blocking not just running the ball.  Check out around the 0:57 mark and watch the next couple of plays.  He can definitely use some work but he at least shows willingness to stick is nose in there and do the necessary for his team.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

You are right that this normally does not show in highlights, but for this kid it does.  If you watch his HUDL highlights he actually makes an effort to put some video of him blocking not just running the ball.  Check out around the 0:57 mark and watch the next couple of plays.  He can definitely use some work but he at least shows willingness to stick is nose in there and do the necessary for his team.

Love hearing that. Thanks for the response, I'll check out the vids.