ellitor

2018 4* RB Asa Martin Commits to AU!!!

http://www.decaturdaily.com/sports/high_school/austin/austin-columbia-black-bears-set-school-record-with-win-over/article_0006c814-7152-5208-8816-c0cb64880c68.html

Even Alabama running backs coach Burton Burns seemed to be impressed before he left near the end of the second quarter. Burns was there to see Austin running back Asa Martin, who has committed to Auburn over the Crimson Tide, Florida and Clemson.

Martin rushed for 113 yards and had one touchdown on nine carries. He had a 48-yard run in the first quarter with at least four cutback moves to slide by defenders. He did not see the field in the second half. Martin’s season totals are now at 860 yards and 13 touchdowns on 62 carries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AHS pulled out a close one last night. Asa scored 2 TDs (including the final one that put the nail in the coffin)

All eyes in AL will be in Decatur next Friday as #1 AHS plays #2 Pinson Valley (Asa vs Bo)

Next weekend is a HUGE football weekend!!!  War Eagle and Go Black Bears!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update!  I will track this.  Gosh I hope we land/keep both these great players

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Asa had previously planned to OV Bama in December.

Daboll supposedly went to visit Monday after the IB. Looks like he wasted it. :laugh:

S-T-U-D is how you spell his name btw

• Like 2
  • Love 1

He had 2,900 all-purpose yards and 35 touchdowns as a senior while averaging 11.2 yards per rush. He has hands like a receiver

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 4

Those are gaudy stats.  Reminds me of Michael Dyer.   I am sure there were great stats since then, but I think Dyer played at  a big school in Little Rock and Martin is playing big school football.

Different players I know, but great comparison I think.

• Like 1

A whole lot of similarities to KJ coming out of Madison Academy. I'm on board with stockpiling backs like this! 

Edited by au_bsci_04
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

He really does remind me of KJ a good bit.  His size, athleticism, and versatility are very similar to KJ.  I am really looking forward to Asa gettin it done on Saturdays!!!!

• Like 2

More rewards for a great player. Excited about this young man being in orange and blue next year. Will he be an EE? If so, what other commits are we looking at being here during the spring?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Asa will be the guy for us. Maybe even next year. 

FWIW Keith has said numerous times this year to keep an eye on J Whitlow in the future. He has misses like anyone else but Keith has a history of being right more than wrong on his player evaluations.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Will he be an EE?

Yes

26 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

what other commits are we looking at being here during the spring?

When there is a public article written it will then be posted on here.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Keith has said numerous times this year to keep an eye on J Whitlow in the future. He has misses like anyone else but Keith has a history of being right more than wrong on his player evaluations.

Who is J Whitlow?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Assuming he’s gained some weight, I could see it happening. I was excited when he signed with us. Severely underrated. 

• Love 1

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Assuming he’s gained some weight, I could see it happening. I was excited when he signed with us. Severely underrated. 

How much weight do you need him at? He came into AU @ 216 lbs. He's not small by any means.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

How much weight do you need him at? He came into AU @ 216 lbs. He's not small by any means.

Just 220 :dunno:

• Haha 1