2018 4* RB Asa Martin Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Every Auburn fan with a pulse, and probably those without one, want Kerryon back!

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Every Auburn fan with a pulse, and probably those without one, want Kerryon back!

Except for that one guy on the football forum

• Like 2

True, we want KJ to return... but honestly it would be crazy for him to stay.  I wish him the best!  War Eagle brother!!

And as a HUGE fan of Asa Martin, I would love for KJ to stay and mentor him. 

Edited by aufootball1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

Wondering.... will the #20 jersey available for Asa Martin next fall?  

Yes. The current #20 is DB J. Dinson. One player on offense and another on defense can share the same number.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

True, we want KJ to return... but honestly it would be crazy for him to stay.  I wish him the best!  War Eagle brother!!

And as a HUGE fan of Asa Martin, I would love for KJ to stay and mentor him. 

You may be right given his stock is rising. Good things though his dad recently made it clear KJ is planning to get his degree before turning pro & their family is well off financially. KJ is not in financial need like some guys are who declare early.

• Like 3

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

You may be right given his stock is rising. Good things though his dad recently made it clear KJ is planning to get his degree before turning pro & their family is well off financially. KJ is not in financial need like some guys are who declare early.

There are many rumors floating on twitter that KJ is leaning towards staying. This would be great. I think E and others have posted that there are a ton of really highly rated RB's that will be in the draft this year and it might make sense for KJ to hang around one more year. 

KJ is one of my all time AU favorite players. Great, cool kid. Bright, respectful, impressive in everything he does. If you don't follow KJ on twitter. Give him a follow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

There are many rumors floating on twitter that KJ is leaning towards staying. This would be great. I think E and others have posted that there are a ton of really highly rated RB's that will be in the draft this year and it might make sense for KJ to hang around one more year. 

KJ is one of my all time AU favorite players. Great, cool kid. Bright, respectful, impressive in everything he does. If you don't follow KJ on twitter. Give him a follow.

Idk man...Todd McShay has KJ as his 3rd best running back in the draft so the high draft position is there if he wants it, but we all want him back here...as long as he doesn't have to leave AU out on a stretcher.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW 247 stayed low on Asa compared to Rivals. Dropped from a 91 to a 90 & finished #275 overall.

That is fine.  I have a feeling this kid will come into AU with a chip on his shoulder and wanting to prove how good he is.  Personally I think he has a ton of potential and could be a great back for AU.

• Like 2

Anybody remember when Eli Stove went from top 100 to suddenly out of the top 247?  The excuse was he didn’t do anything wrong but he was a bad fit to our offensive system. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2018 at 10:58 AM, LKEEL75 said:

Just in case you have forgotten what Asa can do...

I have high hopes for this kid. He has the cutback move and good vision and but a little bit more breakaway ability that KJ was missing. I will miss KJs running style though. 

On 1/18/2018 at 12:58 PM, LKEEL75 said:

Just in case you have forgotten what Asa can do...

1. Good top end speed

2. Great vision as he finds lanes and does an excellent job finishing runs without getting close to the safeties. Didn't see a lot of elusive moves but he puts himself in a position where he doesn't have to do so.

3. Gus probably creamed his pants over how well this kid runs a wild cat. Good to know we found Kerryon's replacement in that sense. No cox-cat.

4. Don't let him field punts for the love of God. He doesn't field any of those cleanly and scares me in that sense.

Kids a freak, can't wait to have him.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/asa-martin-11194 dang he he is up to number 64 overall in the country on rivals?! about dang time one of these sites ranks him accurately!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/asa-martin-11194 dang he he is up to number 64 overall in the country on rivals?! about dang time one of these sites ranks him accurately!!!

That's awesome, I don't look many places outside of 247 really. A number of years ago Scout was all I looked at but they've become terrible.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Interesting... on this version of their list he's #48

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals250/2018

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Whats crazy is he actually dropped 16 spots in their new (and final) rankings. Really interesting that he's a top-75 player in Rivals and #276 in 24/7

15 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

That’s what he was ranked before the new version. He dropped a few spots for some reason.

Ah... so their site is jacked up... Click the 65 and you're brought to the list where he's 48. Typical.

14 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

That’s what he was ranked before the new version. He dropped a few spots for some reason.

His drop was due to others moving up, mainly from national All Star games which Asa wasn't in.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Ah... so their site is jacked up... Click the 65 and you're brought to the list where he's 48. Typical.

Rivals has always done this. Their rankings updates are weekly event.

Monday-Top 100
Tuesday-101-250
Wednesday-Rest of 4*s not in 250 & position rankings
Thursday-Team Rankings
Friday-State Rankings

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Rivals has always done this. Their rankings updates are weekly event.

Monday-Top 100
Tuesday-101-250
Wednesday-Rest of 4*s not in 250 & position rankings
Thursday-Team Rankings
Friday-State Rankings

Badly written site.  All of the rankings listed on the site should pull from a central database, so you never see contradictory rankings for a player.

• Like 1