2018 4* RB Asa Martin Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Muscles alone doesn't make you a 20+ carry back. You also have to have the running style & body to handle it. KJ's legs have had problems staying healthy enough.

Agree with this. Love Kerryon and think he can be a real weapon but he's not a workhorse/20 carry back IMO.

Our coaches feel good about us having shot with Asa amd believe it is a toss up rn. I believe it will be bama but I believe we have a shot. I don't think he is an every down back as I have said many times but he likes the way we would use him. Asa has a very good relationship with current players and recruits already committed to AU.

Bama people are very confident also which usually never boDEs well for in state kids. We need an everydown back like DP or MT (please come on an official during the season)..... to go along with Asa should we get him. I don't believe he has made up his mind yet.

Edited by austudnt23

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Our coaches feel good about us having shot with Asa amd believe it is a toss up rn. I believe it will be bama but I believe we have a shot. I don't think he is an every down back as I have said many times but he likes the way we would use him. Asa has a very good relationship with current players and recruits already committed to AU.

Bama people are very confident also which usually never boDEs well for in state kids. We need an everydown back like DP or MT (please come on an official during the season)..... to go along with Asa should we get him. I don't believe he has made up his mind yet.

if we miss on asa would we put the full court press on Pierce and Joiner? Or just pierce?

23 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

While you're talking RBs. Any chance we go after webb if we miss on Asa? WDEwde has already given his input and I wanted yours.

58 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

if we miss on asa would we put the full court press on Pierce and Joiner? Or just pierce?

Asa is not ahead of DP on our rb board. If anything they are at the top and if we choose to only take 1 whoever commits 1st gets spot. However I believe we would take both but that is just my opinion and havent really asked about that. Asa could be used more in a KJ role catching the ball out of backfield and a do it all player. DP is a rb and an every down 20 plus carry back at that.

Saying that I still think Asa to bama atm.

Edited by austudnt23
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Asa is not ahead of DP on our rb board. If anything they are at the top and if we choose to only take 1 whoever commits 1st gets spot. However I believe we would take both but that is just my opinion and havent really asked about that. Asa could be used more in a KJ role catching the ball out of backfield and a do it all player. DP is a rb and an every down 20 plus carry back at that.

Saying that I still think Asa to bama atm.

It's bama if they have room. Kid loves him some Saban. 

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's bama if they have room. Kid loves him some Saban. 

It looks that way.  Our coaches don't feel it is over yet though. We would take DP and call it a day in a second though.

• Like 2

I recently rewatched the LSU game from last year.  I had forgotten how good KJ can be between the tackles when he's healthy. He is a very versatile RB.

Those ankles though.......

As for Asa, it's good to hear we are still in it. And for his sake I do think he would be a better fit at AU, but at the end of the day bama usually gets who they want. 

23 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I recently rewatched the LSU game from last year.  I had forgotten how good KJ can be between the tackles when he's healthy. He is a very versatile RB.

Those ankles though.......

As for Asa, it's good to hear we are still in it. And for his sake I do think he would be a better fit at AU, but at the end of the day bama usually gets who they want. 

Especially from Decatur. It's a bammer town, we have gotten a few good ones from there though and maybe we can again.

• 2 weeks later...

The day Satan leaves bammer will be worse than the Bubonic Plague on steroids in that not so fair city called Tuscaloosa. Bammer fans will be jumping off of the cliffs of the sewerage treatment plant. I am so tired tonight folks in that I cannot sleep due to a change in one of my meds. Sleep will come soon enough though folks!

Listening to the Auburn recruiting podcast yesterday, the two guys reporting thought maybe one reason DP committed to Florida was because he felt Martin was committing to Auburn. They added they didn't know for sure. I guess we'll find out for sure on the 24th.

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

Listening to the Auburn recruiting podcast yesterday, the two guys reporting thought maybe one reason DP committed to Florida was because he felt Martin was committing to Auburn. They added they didn't know for sure. I guess we'll find out for sure on the 24th.

Which podcast? 

18 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't know these guys. 

Mark Jennings is a nut that posts tweets in all caps lock and it makes me cringe. He claims his recruiting formula is so good that Rivals Mike and others are ripping off of him. 

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Mark Jennings is a nut that posts tweets in all caps lock and it makes me cringe. He claims his recruiting formula is so good that Rivals Mike and others are ripping off of him. 

Yep. He spends a lot of time calling out all the subscription sites for writing false stories for clicks and also using his info. Goes a little overboard IMO and comes off as arrogant to me. But maybe his formula is correct and he has a right to be? :dunno: I listen to it more when I'm bored FWIW.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Sounds like they are just throwing crap against a wall and hoping it sticks. 

The problem with the theory that DP committed to UF as he thought Asa Martin was going to commit to Auburn. It has been mentioned multiple times that whichever one of those two committed to us first that would be it. So he could just as easily committed to AU as UF then Asa would have been the one left out at Auburn.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

This the same guy that is on au sports radio? If so, dude is straight weird and seems to always have something going on and sounds like he has his foot in his mouth.

12 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

This the same guy that is on au sports radio? If so, dude is straight weird and seems to always have something going on and sounds like he has his foot in his mouth.

I didn't say he was the be all to end all for recruiting prognosticators. There may be something to what he says. Like I said we will find out for sure in two weeks....or August 24th, whichever comes first.

35 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He's very strange, but entertaining at times. In spite of his quirkiness, he's just as accurate (and inaccurate) as any of the guys on the pay sites.