2018 4* RB Asa Martin Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

44 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

no we don't well maybe one of them but not all three

Let's replace everyone with an rb.. we are RBU right ?

4 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I read it as (1) Martin and Joiner or (2) Cook.

Winner: auburn4ever

Losers: augolf1716, jdubb4au, randman5000, and mcgufcm.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We need the season to start so we are so busy talking about what a great season we have, we will no longer have time to review the semantics of a statement and try and determine exactly what a poster meant.  :Sing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2017 at 7:21 PM, augolf1716 said:

This. Fwiw our coaches feel we still have a good shot with Asa. I think he ends up at bama. We will sign a good rb I think it will be between Asa DP I wh

On 8/11/2017 at 7:21 PM, augolf1716 said:

This. Fwiw our coaches feel we still have a good shot with Asa. I think he ends up at bama history has me feeling this way. We will sign a good rb I think it will be between Asa DP Cook who is a Longshot atm and Joiner if we decide to take him. I don't believe Joiner is a top flight rb that is my opinion. I also as you know don't think Asa is the type of rb we need to sign this year we need a rb who can run between the tackles. Other names could pop up also.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

This. Fwiw our coaches feel we still have a good shot with Asa. I think he ends up at bama history has me feeling this way. We will sign a good rb I think it will be between Asa DP Cook who is a Longshot atm and Joiner if we decide to take him. I don't believe Joiner is a top flight rb that is my opinion. I also as you know don't think Asa is the type of rb we need to sign this year we need a rb who can run between the tackles. Other names could pop up also.

Does the staff feel there is any chance with MT...???

We will continue to recruit DP yes. MT hasn't given us much attention since his commitment to Ohio State, but things could change. He is the best rb in the country and if we have a big year he could certainly reevaluate things.

Dumb question:  can a JUCO transfer after just one year?  I am 99% sure that answer is yes, but  I would be assuming.

It is possible someone under the radar just emerges.  I know one expert on here said there wasn't a target in the JUCO ranks right now.

It may be smart if there is a one good prospect to pull the trigger instead of waiting for the 2nd yr when everybody and their brother is trying to recruit him.

Maybe someone didn't enroll in some remote state and could be a target for us?  yes I am grabbing straws.

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

Dumb question:  can a JUCO transfer after just one year?  I am 99% sure that answer is yes, but  I would be assuming.

It is possible someone under the radar just emerges.  I know one expert on here said there wasn't a target in the JUCO ranks right now.

It may be smart if there is a one good prospect to pull the trigger instead of waiting for the 2nd yr when everybody and their brother is trying to recruit him.

Maybe someone didn't enroll in some remote state and could be a target for us?  yes I am grabbing straws.

Pretty sure a player has to complete two years at JUCO before transferring to another school. If he plays one year at a division 1 school and then transfers to JUCO, he can transfer out after his first year at that JUCO, but he will still have completed two years of college.

9 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

We will continue to recruit DP yes. MT hasn't given us much attention since his commitment to Ohio State, but things could change. He is the best rb in the country and if we have a big year he could certainly reevaluate things.

Which are saying is best in the country, 4* Dameon Pierce or 3* Master Teague? 

7 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Which are saying is best in the country, 4* Dameon Pierce or 3* Master Teague? 

Teague 

• Like 1

By the end of the season for MT he will be the overall #3 running back (behind white and lingard) in recruiting rankings after all the sites have a chance to see him.  

Im just hoping he sees our season and looks at the other backs committed to OSU.  However Martin/Shivers is a dang good haul in itself but a Shivers/Martin/Teague would be ideal.  

Id take Joiner just to be able to use in other ways.  He'd be an incredible flex TE and special teams beast.

• Like 1