2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

One out of two

If we get 1 out of 2 then can we please get a positive post from this guy?! lol

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we get 1 out of 2 then can we please get a positive post from this guy?! lol

50/50

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If we want to sign a big RB, I would think we'd go after Harold Joiner since he's 6-3, 218.

It has been explained multiple times while he has the size to be a big bruising running back that is not his style.  The way he currently runs he is not a between the tackle type RB.  But as many have said we would love to have him as a TE.

This might as well be a  billboard in ASA Martins front yard!!! lol. I love this! This is some first class social mediaing (is that a word? probaly not!) I love this promotion of our history. It needs to be pounded in to our potential RB recruits head that everyone in that 2013 backfield made the NFL. *whispers* Even if none have had great success in the NFL yet.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Anybody have any idea which way he is leaning?

I still think bama. Just me personally.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

No offense, but I hope you're wrong. We'll find out for sure next week, if not  before hand.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

But what do you know? :poke:

15 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

No offense, but I hope you're wrong. We'll find out for sure next week, if not  before hand.

lol why would that offend me?! It would be glorious!!! We all wants best for Auburn not our egos.

14 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

But what do you know? :poke:

Just I have seen nothing has changed from our insiders since Bama surged to the front. that is all.

Exactly!  Auburn takes 3* backs to the NFL.  Imagine what we would do if we had a string of elite recruits....whoa

And it needs to be a string of them so we rotated.  Right now, it's not a string and we get so dependent we don't have genuine depth.  This leads to other issues...problems.

I think things are changing right now.

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just I have seen nothing has changed from our insiders since Bama surged to the front. that is all.

You know I gotta tease ya...I do think he's a bama lean as well.

Edited by WFE12

15 hours ago, Beaker said:

Exactly!  Auburn takes 3* backs to the NFL.  Imagine what we would do if we had a string of elite recruits....whoa

And it needs to be a string of them so we rotated.  Right now, it's not a string and we get so dependent we don't have genuine depth.  This leads to other issues...problems.

I think things are changing right now.

We have had our share or elite RB kids that have not panned out lately. Look at Roc Thomas and Jovon Robinson, both 5 stars. We can get big recruits, just not all the time.  

4 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

We have had our share or elite RB kids that have not panned out lately. Look at Roc Thomas and Jovon Robinson, both 5 stars. We can get big recruits, just not all the time.  

You're hitting the nail on the head!  If we had a consistent flow of elite RBs, we would just reload instead of every 3 or 4 yrs have an NFL ready back.  Look at the flow of 4 and 5* backs at UGA and 'the other school in AL'... We had to go after Jovon because we were 'empty' on RBs and Roc T shows how hard it is to make that jump from HS to SEC.  

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I see what you did there, it was almost criminal.

I could have just been nice and asked if Eddie was ok...

On 8/16/2017 at 4:26 PM, Beaker said:

Dumb question:  can a JUCO transfer after just one year?  I am 99% sure that answer is yes, but  I would be assuming.

If they spent 1 year at another 4 year school then to juco yes if they get their associate's degree.

On 8/16/2017 at 4:26 PM, Beaker said:

It is possible someone under the radar just emerges.  I know one expert on here said there wasn't a target in the JUCO ranks right now.

Highly unlikely AU takes a juco RB.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 1:57 PM, auburn4ever said:

If we want to sign a big RB, I would think we'd go after Harold Joiner since he's 6-3, 218.

Problem is he runs like he's 5-3, 118. You don't take a guy just cuz he has good size. They have to have the skillset & mindset too.

• Like 1

tenor.gif

• Like 2