Men's Postseason chatter thread (Merged)

tigerbrotha12

Very weak bubble.  Need to go 5-2 get to bubble and most likely in.  NO BAD LOSSES.  And learn ho to inbound the basketball when pressed.  ugh

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw that the kenpom guy has us projected as an 11 seed in the sec tournament, which means we'll play in the first round. I hope this doesn't happen, I'm so sick of playing in those first round games 

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Interesting question with an answer that probably can't be quantified. I would have to think it would be a wash for us since we played both. Makes the bama win look a little better and the USCe loss look a little worse. 

USCe Has an RPI of 23. While the loss dropped them 5 points, its still a "good loss" if there is such a thing. Bama is at 67 which means that beating them 2 time and once at their home is impressive to me. Don't care what others say, beating Tech away from home (91), TCU (35) and Bama (67) 2 times are good wins. Losses to Tenn (37), UF (8), UK (13) are not bad either.

We are a bubble team already, not doubt about it. Enjoy it. Search for various bracketology sites and find us listed on the outside looking in, but at least considered sections, we are there. We aren't on the right side of that bubble yet, but we are in the discussion. I personally am enjoying it, and encourage others to do it as well. Maybe we fall short this year, but at least in early February we can be part of the fun. USA today, CBS sports, and others have us on the outside looking in, but for as long as I can remember we have been wholly MIA. We have a top 75 SOS that should hold in that range, we have a top 35 non-con RPI that will hold in that range, and are 57 in the overall RPI currently with plenty of chances to improve it. 20+ wins, top 50 RPI is basically a bubble team, some get in some don't. I agree we would benefit greatly from beating FL as we don't have a signature win at this point, but it is not a must win. We can creep in without it due to others lack luster resumes. 

IF we can beat Ole Miss, we will be in good position. 

I agree with most on here.  I think we have to beat UF if we want to have legit shot at NCAA, but maybe make NIT.  And that would be great for this young team to get just a little more experience going into next year.

39 minutes ago, jared52 said:

You can't believe everything you read on Twitter. Especially from a cajun.

P.S. I don't know if @JwgreDeux is cajun, but that name sure sounds like it.

Nah, weird way to spell "deuce" seemed like a good idea at the time. We can just go with JD. 

8 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Thoughts?

What will erk me for a long time is we would be a nearly lock for the NIT right now & likely in the NCAA Tourney if we had not lost to BC. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What will erk me for a long time is we would be a nearly lock for the NIT right now & likely in the NCAA Tourney if we had not lost to BC. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, I see that as a wash considering we got lucky to beat Mercer

7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The uat win hurts us in one way as it gives them a better chance to get in with a signature win over SC but also helps us in our beating uat twice makes us look better because they look better.  We just need to string together a few wins to have a chance. "The ball is in our court" sorry just had to say that.

I can't see any way right now that they would get in over us. By the end of the season, that could be different. Other than their conference record and a couple of good wins, they don't have as good a resume as us IMO. 

Playing Mizzou at home at the end of the year kills our RPI even with a win. We have to win 5 of our last 7 regular season games plus at least 1 SEC Tournament game which would project to be Miss St. More than likely have to win 2 in the SEC Tourney with the 2nd game projected to be South Carolina. Our SOS is not as good as we thought or hoped with teams like OU & UConn floundering. We likely have to win 23 games total to make the NCAA.

32 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Eh, I see that as a wash considering we got lucky to beat Mercer

Not a wash. Every team gets lucky at some point. BC's just happened to be at our expense.

Is there discussion outside of AU of whether we can make it in or not?  Yes?  Bubble team.  Will we be a bubble team at the end of the season?  I doubt it but we are right now because we have the POTENTIAL to win enough games to be in the conversation.  That's what a bubble team is.  However we also have the POTENTIAL to completely melt down and not make the post season at all.  Right now I'd say we are looking at being a bubble NIT team, likely in.  Get hot for a few more games and we bump up to a real bubble team. 

4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

The fact we are even arguing about this is music to my ears. Auburn Basketball is relevAUnt!

Yes, it's great to be back into that discussion, but relevance comes with multiple trips to the dance. 

46 minutes ago, WeagleTheBeagle said:

Apparently so...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

First four out...

IS this where I'm supposed to say I told you so?

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

IS this where I'm supposed to say I told you so?

No UT on that list. I'm sure they get in before AU after the dismantling that gave AU at home.

7 hours ago, WeagleTheBeagle said:

Apparently so...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

First four out...

Too bad Palm sucks at Bracketology. The real test of determining if we are in the bubble discussion is through looking at the Bracket Matrix. We are not projected in any of the 101 brackets in the matrix.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Too bad Palm sucks at Bracketology. The real test of determining if we are in the bubble discussion is through looking at the Bracket Matrix. We are not projected in any of the 101 brackets in the matrix.

Def true, but I'll take what we can get.  Anything positive is good.  It is a longshot.  We pretty much have to beat FL, prob 4 of the other 6, and an SEC tourney game or two.

Ole miss just feels like one of those games where we  are going to lay a egg. Haven't they beat us like 7 straight times in basketball? I am not overly optimistic going to their place.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ole miss just feels like one of those games where we  are going to lay a egg. Haven't they beat us like 7 straight times in basketball? I am not overly optimistic going to their place.

9 straight.

Archived