UAt banned from HS campus

LKEEL75

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

@AUinTLoosa has to love this...

Yessir. Now "liked," and still liked.

And Thank You. Without your flag, I would have completely missed this whole ugly, Feastering episode.

23 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

If anyone still believes that bama doesn't have WAY more power than they should... this should give you something to think about.

Yep.  That coach has every right to restrict access to his campus and his players, especially when he feels like his players are getting screwed over by a particular institution. 

23 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

If anyone still believes that bama doesn't have WAY more power than they should... this should give you something to think about.

I agree but how can anyone fairly criticize another schools efforts particularly Auburn if Bama  and the REC have this perceived power. Does that not make the playing field fair? How can a school fairly compete with them in all aspects of the game? 

6 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

I agree but how can anyone fairly criticize another schools efforts particularly Auburn if Bama  and the REC have this perceived power. Does that not make the playing field fair? How can a school fairly compete with them in all aspects of the game? 

You can't. You don't think they've had the level of unprecedented success that they have by playing fair, do you?  The last time anyone dominated every aspect of the game like they have, the school ended up with the death penalty.

This guy just continues to preach!  link

Given a chance to reconsider his Alabama ban, former Parkway High School head coach David Feaster wouldn’t change anything. With his duties as head football coach taken away, Feaster said over the weekend his priority remains with the well-being of his players.

“I do what I think is right for our program and our kids,” Feaster said in the video below. “I go out there and I stand by that.”

If you missed this story last week, Feaster loudly proclaimed Alabama coaches were not welcome on his campus to a Baton Rouge radio station – following the negative experience former quarterback Brandon Harris had with the Tide. Considering Louisiana’s top-ranked prospect and No. 1 quarterback prospect both hail from Parkway, those words held significant weight in the 2018 recruiting cycle. Soon after his words made headlines, Parkway fired Feaster for all the negative publicity he brought to the school.

In his own words, Feaster describes what it was like to be let go following his highly successful run at Parkway and the overwhelmingly positive support he has received since his firing.

It would be awesome if every kid at that school who was approached by bama told them they didn't want to talk to them, if for no other reason than to show support for their coach.

It would also be awesome, if we had an off-field position available, if we hired Feaster.

15 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

After banning uat from recruiting at that school, I think I read that the head coach was fired.

According to the video I linked this ban has been on for 4 years but because the media made such a stir of it recently they fired him from being the coach.  They said he could still teach there if he wanted to.

47 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

According to the video I linked this ban has been on for 4 years but because the media made such a stir of it recently they fired him from being the coach.  They said he could still teach there if he wanted to.

It's more that it was irrelevant until this year.  Parkway hasn't had a top 300 player since Harris until this year when they have 2, and bama wants in on them, so suddenly the media is aware, bama fans are making a big deal out of it, and boom... coach fired.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, milehighfan said:

None of you think the REC had anything to do with this, do you?

More than likely.  But I'm not sure a high school football coach has the authority to ban a college (one of the top 10 in the country) from the campus?  

Archived