Softball vs. SIUE - game thread

WarTiger

Hope opener for Auburn tonight.  Auburn taking on Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 1st of (I believe) 21 straight games at home.   Auburn coming in at 3-1 on the season. 

Couple of shuffles as we will likely see quite a bit early in the season.   Greenwood getting the start in left field.. Jordan in Right.  Emily Spain getting the start at 2nd   Hopefully we'll see the runs pile up for Auburn tonight and see what this offense is capable of. 

C40fMvAWYAAbiEA.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are LIVE at Jane B. Moore field and about to get started with our home opener.   Martin on the mound for the Tigers.

2 outs and runner on 1st for SIUE and they send the runner from 1st.  Wallace throw down to Spain covering and she applies the tag and runner is OUT.   I thought she got there easily because of where the throw was but Auburn got the call.  Auburn coming to bat:

Cooper, Wallace and Fagan.  Let's jump on them early here.

In case some see this after the game or later tonight, a new rule in place this year (there are several).  Teams cannot throw the ball around the infield after a strikeout.   Teams have to change half innings in 90 seconds.  It seems they are doing these things to speed the games up a bit. 

Shea flies to right to end the 1st.   After 1, Auburn leads 2-0 off the homer from Carlee Wallace.

Well, after I say that about not throwing the ball around the infield, Wallace throws to 1st after the strikeout.   Perhaps I heard that part wrong.   Another strikeout for Martin.  2 outs.

Umpire visits the Auburn dugout to tell them they can't throw the ball around the infield after a strikeout.  Guess nobody was aware of that rule change since both teams have done it.    Guess it was right after all.

Grounder to short and Fagan makes the play to end the 2nd.  Going to the bottom half.  2-0 Auburn   Greenwood, Jordan and Spain coming up.

SIUE gets a run in the 3rd. Auburn leads 2-1 going to the bottom 3rd.   Cooper, Wallace and Fagan coming up for Auburn

Looks like AU depending on Martin to keep them off the board.....not a bad opponent but AU needs to give MM more support.

Draper made a nice play right at the wall...guess that would be considered routine but it was at the deepest place in the park.

Archived