Softball vs. SIUE - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Veach sends one HIGH and VERY DEEP to left and it's WAY GONE....  She crushed it and never looked at the ball after the swing.  It had to land behind the trees because it wasn't on the screen when it came down.   3-1 Auburn.

Greenwood takes a 3-2 pitch and it was extremely close but called a ball and Greenwood reaches with a walk.   Whitney Jordan coming up.

Illegal pitch on SIUE (I think that's the 3rd illegal pitch of the game for SIUE).   Greenwood advances to 2nd ..  Jordan still up.

7 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Veach sends one HIGH and VERY DEEP to left and it's WAY GONE....  She crushed it and never looked at the ball after the swing.  It had to land behind the trees because it wasn't on the screen when it came down.   3-1 Auburn.

Cool little bat flip.....

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

In case some see this after the game or later tonight, a new rule in place this year (there are several).  Teams cannot throw the ball around the infield after a strikeout.   Teams have to change half innings in 90 seconds.  It seems they are doing these things to speed the games up a bit. 

Shea flies to right to end the 1st.   After 1, Auburn leads 2-0 off the homer from Carlee Wallace.

Throwing around the infield has never slowed the game down. It's usually done before the batter is at the batters box. Dumb rule. 

Martin back out for the 5th.  Having a good game so far.  Morgan Podany enters the game in left.  Greenwood moves over to right and Jordan comes out of the lineup.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Throwing around the infield has never slowed the game down. It's usually done before the batter is at the batters box. Dumb rule. 

Apparently the rules committee felt differently.   I don't think its a dumb rule though.  Unnecessary perhaps.

Martin gets a strikeout.  

Another strikeout for Makayla Martin and Auburn leads 3-1 going to the bottom 5th.

Draper, Cooper and Wallace coming up for Auburn

Interesting about the rule considering that softball is one of the fastest moving sports....only 7 inning and most games are low scoring too. and seems that most are about 2 hours or so.    I would accept about anything that would speed up baseball however where a game these days  in the 2 hour range is unusual. 

15 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Apparently the rules committee felt differently.   I don't think its a dumb rule though.  Unnecessary perhaps.

Martin gets a strikeout.  

Unnecessary. Dumb. Pretty much the same thing. 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Need Fagan to get going. Hard to be effective as a cleanup hitter batting .077. 

Fagan isn't bating cleanup.  She's batting 3rd.  Veach is in the 4 spot.

Just now, WarTiger said:

Fagan isn't bating cleanup.  She's batting 3rd.  Veach is in the 4 spot.

Yep. Just realized the gaff when recalling the inning for myself. My bad. 

Archived