Women vs. Ole Miss - Game Thread

WarTiger

7 hours ago, warladytigers said:

Just as much of a concern - half-court offense.  We seem to be lacking in basics - where are the screen plays, drive and pass out, pick and roll?

Spot on. Most of our games I find myself wondering if we even practice offense.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see a marked difference in how the team played in the Ole Miss game as compared to other games.  At least it appeared to be different.  I couldn't help but wonder if the staff had mailed it in after the Georgia game/.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We can actually come back in this game but we are going to have to catch fire from outside

Well, I think this one is over. The buzzer sounded 2 days ago. 

10 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Well, I think this one is over. The buzzer sounded 2 days ago. 

Lol we certainly don't look like we are very interested in playing in this game and their bigs are just so much better than ours

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lol we certainly don't look like we are very interested in playing in this game and their bigs are just so much better than ours

I was pointing out you are in the wrong thread. :)

19 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I was pointing out you are in the wrong thread. :)

Hahahahah I'm an idiot thanks man

On 2/17/2017 at 9:34 PM, Mikey said:

Spot on. Most of our games I find myself wondering if we even practice offense.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/basketball/women/terri-williams-flournoy-s-contract-extended-through/article_91b73b5e-f918-11e6-95ea-2fab7160ceda.html 

Contract extension.....

26 minutes ago, warladytigers said:

Occurred on June 1 if you read the article. Not new. 

This may not have been new news to you, but it is news to most everyone who has been wondering about Coach Flo's contract. The OA news had to use the Freedom of Information Act to get the contract details and the article is dated today. Perhaps you should read the article again. Also, since the new contract was effective this year, Flo has the first year's raise now. If she doesn't pull a bunny out of the hat next year and have a much better season, we will only have to buy out one year. There are some who are not happy with any extension, but after making the tournament last year, she did have a little leverage. I can only say that I am so glad it was only a 2 year extension.

mmm.. didnt know that. i wondered why there was no extension, after getting her first NCAA bid. Now we know she did get an extension. 

And, as you just said, she didnt follow it up with an equal or better year, even with the veteran players she had coming back. So, either she will get one more year, or she is gone, and they eat one year of salary.

Since this is womens bb, i feel they will give her the next year...since they dont bring in much money in the last 5-6 years anyway...

6 hours ago, steeleagle said:

mmm.. didnt know that. i wondered why there was no extension, after getting her first NCAA bid. Now we know she did get an extension. 

And, as you just said, she didnt follow it up with an equal or better year, even with the veteran players she had coming back. So, either she will get one more year, or she is gone, and they eat one year of salary.

Since this is womens bb, i feel they will give her the next year...since they dont bring in much money in the last 5-6 years anyway...

What coach doesn't announce their extension? This smells fishy to me.  I have never known of a coach to not announce a contract extension.  That should help with recruiting.  Then again, this staff seems to believe that they don't have to work hard in that area in the first place.

Archived