Softball vs. SIUE (fri) - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here comes Auburn.  Carlson sets them down in order in the top 1st including 2 strikeouts.  Let's go Auburn.  Jump on them early and often.

Draper drops a bunt right out in front and barely within reach of the charging 3rd baseman, but no play at 1st.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out for Cooper.   Cooper first pitch swinging on an up pitch and she drops it into left center for a double.  2 runs score.   Tigers lead 2-0.   Wallace up.

Fagan sends one deep to right and it drops fair and Cooper scores, Fagan rounds the bases and stands up at 3rd.   Veach up.  3-0 Auburn

Shea loops one over 3rd and it drops fair.  Fagan scores, Veach advances to 3rd and Shea to 2nd.   Gipson lines one to right to end the inning.    Auburn plates 4 and leads SIUE 4-0 after 3.

Eh, I don't think it should have been given. It wasn't quite like last night when SIUE had a player stick her elbow out but she certainly had it out there and was moving into the pitch. Not in a manner to intentionally make contact, so I guess it's not really too much of a grey area. I do think if they are wearing those elbow guards, if it grazes them (the ball continues to travel toward the catchers glove) it should be given. It hangs down there about 3" below the elbow. 

More specific than just the bats waking up, the bottom of the order got that rally started.  That's a good sign for them to come through and set the table.

True. That always helps. Cooper and Fagan, two big hitters, have finally gotten some hits today.  I also like to see the Freshmen getting some at bats and Swindle got to pitch in the earlier game. 

Archived