Softball vs. SIUE (fri) - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing I love about this team is there are 13 girls from the state of Alabama.  I was a pioneer in this sport in Alabama back in the mid 80s.  We showcased and promoted girls from the Birmingham area when nobody else was even playing the game at a competitive level in this area.  We put girls on major D1 teams before the SEC was even playing softball. LSU was the only SEC team at that time. 

Wallace sends one to the gap in left center and to the wall.  Maresette comes around from 1st to score.  Auburn leads 8-1.  Wallace at 2nd.  Fagan up.   1 out.

I coached Marla Townsend, UAB HC and Becky Clark, South Alabama HC and several HS Head Coaches.  Also coached Les (UAH) and Vann (Miss. St.) Studeman in a few tourneys. They were actually on the other team in the area though. 

Looking more like Auburn softball.  I was on the road today, but caught the last two innings of the SIUE game.  Really liked what I saw from Swindle.  I heard the Veach homer was a monster, but didn't get to see it.  Hopefully can watch more tomorrow.

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Looking more like Auburn softball.  I was on the road today, but caught the last two innings of the SIUE game.  Really liked what I saw from Swindle.  I heard the Veach homer was a monster, but didn't get to see it.  Hopefully can watch more tomorrow.

Hit the bottom of the score board. The one last night was much further. 

13 hours ago, jared52 said:

Hit the bottom of the score board. The one last night was much further. 

Yep, that one thursday night I don't think its ever come down.   It cleared the trees in left and the ball wasn't even in the video feed, because it went so far.  It was an absolute MONSTER shot.

Archived