Hey Conservatives! Feel free to defend the Constitution

AUUSN

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I understand your attempt, but it misses the mark IMO. We, the American people, need the truth from the press in order to hold any administration accountable. What we are getting from the press today falls far short. No one wants the press silenced, but simply ask for fair reporting.

Not a huge fan of polling, but if the following is remotely true it confirms my thoughts.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/185927/americans-trust-media-remains-historical-low.aspx

And just wait on 2016/2017 data. Not going to be good. #recordsbroken

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

And just wait on 2016/2017 data. Not going to be good. #recordsbroken

Stop acting like this is a new phenomenon to justify your cowardice. The press has always been hyperbolic.

yellow-journalism-spanish-war.jpg

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

This is freedom of the press. vlad would have stephen injected, love to be melbourne but Auburn baseball this weekend

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/17/politics/donald-trump-politics-campaign/ 

Translation: this thread makes me uncomfortable so let me make a dumb a$$ comment.

7 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Stop acting like this is a new phenomenon to justify your cowardice. The press has always been hyperbolic.

yellow-journalism-spanish-war.jpg

My cowardice? BS. You are the one that's bias won't allow you to denounce propaganda. I have no problem doing so. And yes the media is and has been hyperbolic, but not as this level IMO. I'm quite sure numbers will eventually bear that out.

A free and independent press is why it was given Constitutional protection....that is not what we are being given.  The press is the defacto mouthpiece of the Democrat party.... under those circumatances, I see no reason to continue the charade....no different than free speech...it has limits...if the press is effectively yelling fire in a theatre, they should have their right curtailed, just like you or i would...they do not serve me today in any appreciable way...they actually make it harder for the American people to tell what is really going on. They are a actally hurting us, not helping us .  Just today the AP publishes a "whooper" and every idiot news source dutifully follows along....this nonsense needs to stop....fortunately the American people are able to get info directly now and the papers and other shills are losing audience.  That is the best revenge. ...

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

A free and independent press is why it was given Constitutional protection....that is not what we are being given.  The press is the defacto mouthpiece of the Democrat party.... under those circumatances, I see no reason to continue the charade....no different than free speech...it has limits...if the press is effectively yelling fire in a theatre, they should have their right curtailed, just like you or i would...they do not serve me today in any appreciable way...they actually make it harder for the American people to tell what is really going on. They are a actally hurting us, not helping us .  Just today the AP publishes a "whooper" and every idiot news source dutifully follows along....this nonsense needs to stop....fortunately the American people are able to get info directly now and the papers and other shills are losing audience.  That is the best revenge. ...

Well said Jap. 

Cowards. Don't ever come here to defend the constitution again. Frauds! 

The constitution doesn't dictate the behavior of the press. 

9 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

All AUUSN posts in thread...

You just pointing out similarities, or are you prophesying that freedom of speech/press will be gone soon? If so can we get a date?

PS: don't be one of those prophets that don't date their prophecies.... that's lame.

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

You just pointing out similarities, or are you prophesying that freedom of speech/press will be gone soon? If so can we get a date?

PS: don't be one of those prophets that don't date their prophecies.... that's lame.

I want these constitution loving conservatives to condemn labeling the press as enemies.

9 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

I want these constitution loving conservatives to condemn labeling the press as enemies.

Can someone not want freedom of the press and still dislike press?

2 hours ago, AUUSN said:

It sounds better in the original German:  'ein Volksfiend'

Archived