TAMU Postgame Thread

GwillMac6

I am very sad now. not even mad like usually after a L. :[ I can just feel the NIT slipping away from us now. Even after the ole miss and florida losses I felt confident. For historical purposes every time we have played at TAMU since they joined the SEC it seems like we have got SPANKED up there by no less than 15 points.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, auburn4ever said:

This team has come fallen to bits. How many games are left? I hope not many because enough is enough.

4 games maybe? Then the SEC tourney. At least we have lsu and mizzou left on our schedule.

Need to pick up Miss, LSU AND one more regular season win. If we can do that, we can go into the SEC tourney with some hope left for a little NIT run magic. I'm disappointed in the loss today. More than usual. It's almost like "come on guys stop making the same old mistakes and just play basketball! 

Physical teams will beat AU unless they are very hot from three. Weight room can't get here soon enough.

Let the misery end. We don't play defense , we don't run an offense , and Bruce seems to be fine with it( at least during the game). I'm tired of hearing that we're a bunch of freshmen. Supposedly we have tons of talent. Please don't tell me we've gotten better as the year has gone on, because these last 3 or 4 losses have been horrible. There is is no sense of " team" with these guys and they seem not to care if the losses are by 20 points. I think they ( and Bruce) have given up this year. Just like football , we are not getting our money's worth with the coaching staff. Rant over

Like so many recent games, this got off to a bad start and the guys were not able to rally back.

Thus l...seems like we've heard this story before......end of the year, a disappointing W-L record,. NCAA and NIT probably out of the picture....and everyone appearing to put the season in their rear view mirror and start thinking about next year......except on previous occasions it was Lebo and Barbee standing along the sidelines watching .....and wondering what they could do to change the direction.. 

During most past years it was about absence of talent....this year ? ...it's hard to figure and hard to see much improvement as the season progressed and the young players gained experience against mediocre to good teams.  

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Like so many recent games, this got off to a bad start and the guys were not able to rally back.

Thus l...seems like we've heard this story before......end of the year, a disappointing W-L record,. NCAA and NIT probably out of the picture....and everyone appearing to put the season in their rear view mirror and start thinking about next year......except on previous occasions it was Lebo and Barbee standing along the sidelines watching .....and wondering what they could do to change the direction.. 

During most past years it was about absence of talent....this year ? ...it's hard to figure and hard to see much improvement as the season progressed and the young players gained experience against mediocre to good teams.  

Got any suggestions? real question cause if Pearl can't bring us to some type of decent BB who can?

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Got any suggestions? real question cause if Pearl can't bring us to some type of decent BB who can?

Not really..... but you don't have to be a doctor to recognize when someone is in bad health or when there are problems on a team...JMO.   I'm still of the view that some of the issues are personnel related but I acknowledge that I have no facts of any kind to back that up.......just based on what we see happening in recent games.   

Generally I base that on the lack of effort ...or inconsistent applications of effort that we've seen for about half a season....and BP's comment that the guys don't respond well to criticism.  He could be right about that...but if he's correct, he really needs to find some other course of action that get's their attention. JMO

Serious suggestion.  Practice more on free throws.  Make more of an emphasis on it.  Free throws are 90 percent mental.  Rep rep rep. Our guys seem to get to the free throw line when we drive. So if we could make more FTS when we are there, that can certainly change the complexion of the game.  That could be a strength to work with.  Especially if the 3 is not falling.  

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

This team has come fallen to bits. How many games are left? I hope not many because enough is enough.

There is a schedule pinned to the top of the forum. 

Bruce needs to evaluate himself and coaches. Hopefully he hasn't lost the team.

They really don't seem to care if they lose, guess they expect to.

Didn't watch as I was 95 percent sure we would lose.  Looks like I made a wise choice. Went to Rickwood Caverns instead. Totally worth it (and the guide actually put in real effort unlike the AU bball team). Call it what you want. If a team is worse at the end of a season than at the beginning...that's on coaching. Period. 

5 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Didn't watch as I was 95 percent sure we would lose.  Looks like I made a wise choice. Went to Rickwood Caverns instead. Totally worth it (and the guide actually put in real effort unlike the AU bball team). Call it what you want. If a team is worse at the end of a season than at the beginning...that's on coaching. Period. 

Or maybe that's on teams who have figured out that AU has nothing in the way of a post game. Wiley has been largely ineffective in this run of poor play and Spencer is out. Now teams just have to guard the perimeter and it's easy pickings. Most of the teams AU has played lately have 3 post players, AU has one who is 2 months into his college career. He can't be expected to handle those duties all game. 

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

Bruce needs to evaluate himself and coaches. Hopefully he hasn't lost the team.

They really don't seem to care if they lose, guess they expect to.

^^^^ This is why I no longer care if I watch the games.  Hard to support a team that won't even try their best.  While our record is better, I have less respect for this team than I did any of Lebo or Barbees teams. This is one of the laziest teams I've ever watched.  I'll start tuning in again once the players actually give a damn.  It'd be one thing if they were giving their all and coming up short.  I could support that. What we have lately is the opposite. Teams we are capable of beating and probably should beat demolish us due to nowhere near enough give a damn. This team needs new motivators. I've said all year Bruce should look at making changes on the staff after next season if there is not enough improvement. Now I feel more as though without doing so before next season then the improvement is much less likely and we will have another uphill battle. These issues lately aren't youth, they are purely attitude.  

9 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

^^^^ This is why I no longer care if I watch the games.  Hard to support a team that won't even try their best.  While our record is better, I have less respect for this team than I did any of Lebo or Barbees teams. This is one of the laziest teams I've ever watched.  I'll start tuning in again once the players actually give a damn.  It'd be one thing if they were giving their all and coming up short.  I could support that. What we have lately is the opposite. Teams we are capable of beating and probably should beat demolish us due to nowhere near enough give a damn. This team needs new motivators. I've said all year Bruce should look at making changes on the staff after next season if there is not enough improvement. Now I feel more as though without doing so before next season then the improvement is much less likely and we will have another uphill battle. These issues lately aren't youth, they are purely attitude.  

lol any of the barbee teams? you MUST of forgotten that darkest timeline. We had no talent on top of no competitive fire and spirit. Also just Some of the least talented Auburns Mens bball teams ever fielded were under his watch. Yuck. It equaled out to probaly the most miserable the fanbase has been for basketball in a long time and I mean we have not exactly been great lately.

7 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Or maybe that's on teams who have figured out that AU has nothing in the way of a post game. Wiley has been largely ineffective in this run of poor play and Spencer is out. Now teams just have to guard the perimeter and it's easy pickings. Most of the teams AU has played lately have 3 post players, AU has one who is 2 months into his college career. He can't be expected to handle those duties all game. 

So you're saying our coaches are incapable of coming up with any game plan that doesn't include Spencer (who's impact outside of shot blocking has been minimal to begin with)?   And what about McLemore?  He doesn't count?  Missing 1 non impact player outside of shot blocking is no excuse for the team folding up shop for the season.  Also, the first several games he was out (suspended) were some of our best so that argument doesn't hold water to begin with. 

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol any of the barbee teams? you MUST of forgotten that darkest timeline. We had no talent on top of no competitive fire and spirit. Also just Some of the least talented Auburns Mens bball teams ever fielded were under his watch. Yuck.

Yes it was ugly, but they gave more effort than these guys. They just had much less overall talent. They'd give full effort until the game was out of reach IIRC.  I never saw them give up over 60 points in a half, let alone 3 games in a row

3 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Yes it was ugly, but they gave more effort than these guys. They just had much less overall talent. They'd give full effort until the game was out of reach IIRC.  I never saw them give up over 60 points in a half, let alone 3 games in a row

It was a struggle to score 60 points on offense though for BOTH halves for them. Mercy. Barbee made it so easy to dislike him. Remember last year when he did not even made the trip to AU? Cal came up with a bs excuse that he is not a bench coach..... then proceeds to be on the bench the rest of the year for them. Bush league.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

It was a struggle to score 60 points on offense though for BOTH halves for them. Mercy. Barbee made it so easy to dislike him. Remember last year when he did not even made the trip to AU? Cal came up with a bs excuse that he is not a bench coach..... then proceeds to be on the bench the rest of the year for them. Bush league.

Never said I liked him as a coach. What's interesting is BP runs the same offense Barbee did. So clearly BP has immensely better talent, yet still gets blown out. Maybe Barbee could come coach D and leave the Pearls coaching offense?  No way in Hades it would hurt the D. :dunno: 

5 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Never said I liked him as a coach. What's interesting is BP runs the same offense Barbee did. So clearly BP has immensely better talent, yet still gets blown out. Maybe Barbee could come coach D and leave the Pearls coaching offense?  No way in Hades it would hurt the D. :dunno: 

OR MAYBE just bring back the guy who was with him in Toney Jones for for all of his success at UWM and UT. I still have no idea why he left. Its not like he left for a better opportunity if I remember it correctly. 

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

OR MAYBE just bring back the guy who was with him in Toney Jones for for all of his success at UWM and UT. I still have no idea why he left. Its not like he left for a better opportunity if I remember it correctly. 

Left to be the interim head coach at a professional Canadian league team. Heads up an AAU academy now. I'd bet Pearl could pull him!  Certainly worth a shot. Would have to be an improvement over uhum..uhum...uhum...

Archived