NASCAR thread (Kyle Larson 2021 Champ)

AUBwins

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

I was there!  It was a very entertaining race.  I like the new super speedway package.  Congrats to Elliott and so glad to see Larson walk away from that terrible crash.  

Was that crash rolling through turn 3? That open space in infield in the turn 3 corner is where we used to watch from our lawn chairs. 

19 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Was that crash rolling through turn 3? That open space in infield in the turn 3 corner is where we used to watch from our lawn chairs. 

Close.  It was just before turn 3 on the backstretch.  All we could see from the Tri-Oval Tower was a car flipping and smoke.  Then looked at the big screen to see what happened. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Close.  It was just before turn 3 on the backstretch.  All we could see from the Tri-Oval Tower was a car flipping and smoke.  Then looked at the big screen to see what happened. 

How is the tower? 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

How is the tower? 

Excellent!  We were about half way up.  We could see all the way around except that one section of the backstretch. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Can't get used to the stage racing....hate it in fact............am I alone in this?

I don't like the race being separated either.  The purpose of the stages was to 1) have the drivers race the entire race instead of just riding around for 450 miles until the final push, and 2) find a way to reward drivers who are racing the majority if the race with giving playoff points for the top 10 of every stage.  

Nascar accomplished what it intended to do in the quality of racing.  The playoff points has played a major part in who advances.  I actually like that side of it. The guys consistently at the front all year have an advantage to moving on in the playoffs. 

My biggest beef about it is the lack of green flag pit stops during a race. Those make or break your race a majority of the time.  Strategy on when to pit, as well as stretching fuel mileage like Brad Keselowski some how goes another 15 laps longer than others are some of the race within the race that keeps you tuned in.  It creates its own drama.  It also puts more pressure on the crew on a green flag stop to get it right and quick or you lose some spots.   Also some cars thrive on the long run more than the short.  That is where you see if the guys out front can hold off the charging long run car. 

One benefit is keeping a car from getting a 15 to 20 second lead on someone and bringing things back to the pack on a restart, but that's what the ghost debris cautions are for 😉

Edited by AUBwins
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I don't like the race being separated either.  The purpose of the stages was to 1) have the drivers race the entire race instead of just riding around for 450 miles until the final push, and 2) find a way to reward drivers who are racing the majority if the race with giving playoff points for the top 10 of every stage.  

Nascar accomplished what it intended to do in the quality of racing.  The playoff points has played a major part in who advances.  I actually like that side of it. The guys consistently at the front all year have an advantage to moving on in the playoffs. 

My biggest beef about it is the lack of green flag pit stops during a race. Those make or break your race a majority of the time.  Strategy on when to pit, as well as stretching fuel mileage like Brad Keselowski some how goes another 15 laps longer than others are some of the race within the race that keeps you tuned in.  It creates its own drama.  It also puts more pressure on the crew on a green flag stop to get it right and quick or you lose some spots.   Also some cars thrive on the long run more than the short.  That is where you see if the guys out front can hold off the charging long run car. 

One benefit is keeping a car from getting a 15 to 20 second lead on someone and bringing things back to the pack on a restart, but that's what the ghost debris cautions are for 😉

Well put sir👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All star race tonight for $1 million cash! Drivers really let loose in this race.  Go get em Chase!

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2019 at 7:36 PM, AUBwins said:

All star race tonight for $1 million cash! Drivers really let loose in this race.  Go get em Chase!

Wow Daytona..............Brad's words come back to haunt him............good for 77.........rain shortened or not money still spends.........Kurt gonna take a while to get over.

On 7/7/2019 at 10:13 PM, kevon67 said:

Brad's words come back to haunt him

Good & the guy he wrecked IN PRACTICE is one of my guys William Byron & he finished 2nd. To Brad...

AggressiveCornyDrafthorse-size_restricte

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Good & the guy he wrecked IN PRACTICE is one of my guys William Byron & he finished 2nd. To Brad...

AggressiveCornyDrafthorse-size_restricte

I knew I liked you👍.........brother you read my mind..........spent a good 6 hrs last night watching old Degeneration X videos........they actually won me over from WCW.............sorry Razor they were too entertaining.

• Like 1

Not sure when or where this will play, but must watch for me

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Not sure when or where this will play

Sept 12 Nationwide per the youtube page.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 6:39 PM, AUBwins said:

Not sure when or where this will play, but must watch for me

I used to pull for Michael in the early 90's..........Was a Mark Martin fan till he passed the torch to Carl......for me at least........Michael stuggeled as well as Kyle Petty, but Michael was so likeable in my opinion.........never was crazy about Kyle even to this day..........this should be good

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Chase wins at The Glenn again!!!

1xPD.gif

Heck yea. He drove perfectly to close it out.  He started his streak this time last year.  Get it rolling!

• Love 1

8 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I used to pull for Michael in the early 90's..........Was a Mark Martin fan till he passed the torch to Carl......for me at least........Michael stuggeled as well as Kyle Petty, but Michael was so likeable in my opinion.........never was crazy about Kyle even to this day..........this should be good

MW was the butt of our jokes at the end of his career at restrictor plate races.  We would see a caution and ask if it was Michael.  Yep spin in turn 2! Lol. 

47 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Heck yea. He drove perfectly to close it out

And had to. One mistake & Truex would’ve won the race.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
This scared the crap out of me to hear. Glad they are ok by the Grace of God!
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2019 at 5:12 PM, AUBwins said:

Heck yea! Chase wins the Roval!

And didn't even have a rival in the race. 😁

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And didn't even have a rival in the race. 😁

That was a great move for the pass.  I love how he can be aggressive on all tracks if he has a good car near the end of the race.  Refreshing to see after years of JR taking a points day if his car didn't quite have it near the end.  That was the only thing holding Jr back a bit.  He would rarely make the high risk, high reward type of move unless restrictor plate race.  Chase is still young and stupid lol. 

Edited by AUBwins

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That was a great move for the pass.  I love how he can be aggressive on all tracks if he has a good car near the end of the race.  Refreshing to see after years of JR taking a points day if his car didn't quite have it near the end.  That was the only thing holding Jr back a bit.  He would rarely make the high risk, high reward type of move unless restrictor plate race.  Chase is still young and stupid lol. 

As good as Chase's car was Sunday relative to the rest there was no real risky pass IMO. It was like watching a Jeff Gordon race from the 90s & early 2000s where he would dominate, make a mid race mistake, & still win.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As good as Chase's car was Sunday relative to the rest there was no real risky pass IMO. It was like watching a Jeff Gordon race from the 90s & early 2000s where he would dominate, make a mid race mistake, & still win.

He runs really well on road courses as well.  I remember Gordon dominating those back in the day.  I love the Roval.  Very happy that Nascar added this race into the playoffs as an elimination race.  Last year's race was unbelievable.  I didn't watch all of this one, only the last quarter of it but watching Chase win was worth it.