Auburn Baseball v/s GW Finale

Top 9

Auburn 4

GW       3

Herndon on to close it out for the Tigers.

Base hit by Osis and the tying run is at first.  Bobby Campbell up for the Colonials.

Bouncing ball to short, over to second for one but the throw was a tad late to first. Two down. 

Betts up with 2 outs. 

Grounder to short but Jarvis boots it for the third error of the day. Would have ended it easily. 1st and 2nd with two outs for Bryant. 

Herndon has looked pretty good.

Bryant lines out to center field and the Tigers win 4-3. Auburn 3-1 on the weekend. 

War Eagle! I'm excited for the spring sports season. 

Starting to find out what we got.  3 out of 4 to start the season ain't bad.  Hard to stay focused for 36 innings of baseball in just over 48 hours, no matter what the age group.  Anybody got anything on the D Rob injury?  Gotta' say I was a little surprised to see Thompson trot him out to the mound but he looked like a stud getting out of the jam.  I thought that experiment might've been over with the shellacking he took this summer.

Lots of opening weekend losses in the SEC...Dawgs came within a whisker of getting swept by College of Charleston.  Ole Miss is already on a roll.

Miss State, Vandy, SCar, Missouri, Bama, Tennessee and us all teams that took one loss on the weekend. Georgia loses 2 against C of C. Kentucky gets SWEPT. Ouch. 

Looks like some opening weekend jitters around the league except for well-established programs like LSU, Miss, Fla, TAMU. Arkansas got a sweep to open it up too. Get ready for a lot of wins from AU baseball in the next month or so, we've got work to do, but the schedule builds slowly until we get to SEC play. We will be battle tested in the sense of we get a tougher opponent each weekend, but we don't have one we shouldn't at least take two from. 

53 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Starting to find out what we got.  3 out of 4 to start the season ain't bad.  Hard to stay focused for 36 innings of baseball in just over 48 hours, no matter what the age group.  Anybody got anything on the D Rob injury?  Gotta' say I was a little surprised to see Thompson trot him out to the mound but he looked like a stud getting out of the jam.  I thought that experiment might've been over with the shellacking he took this summer.

Lots of opening weekend losses in the SEC...Dawgs came within a whisker of getting swept by College of Charleston.  Ole Miss is already on a roll.

College of Charleston....why does that name sound familiar?

Need to consider their competition ...UK and a few others had some tough games.....    

I like the makeup of this team, but I'm worried we just won't have the bats to win us enough SEC games. Good defense and pitching. We need to figure out who the third weekend starter will be. Mize and Thompson are two really good pitchers

Archived