Site issues have crept up

ellitor

1. It's not allowing me or other users to "like" posts. A page pops up reading "We could not locate the item you are trying to view."

2. Every time I post the post submits but the dialogue box for making another post has what I just posted in it & below reads "New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 29 seconds before submitting." when I was not even trying to make another post. Also the "Undo" icon is grayed out when this happens so I can't use that to delete what's in the dialogue box. Lastly the page will not refresh either. I have to click the "back" icon on my browser & then forward to clear the box & continue with the topic. I'm using chrome.

Assistance from @RunInRed or whoever maintains the tech aspects of the site would be appreciated.

Add. #2 only happens on posts but not when creating a new topic.

Yeah, I get the issue on my phone ALOT where I post and then it restores the text of my post in the box. I have to clear it out and if I have quoted someone it's a pain to get that cleared out because the Undo arrow is greyed out. Invision needs to add a button to clear the box with one click.

All that stuff seems to be fixed, but now there's a popup ad, audio about quitting smoking and it starts over every time one changes to a new topic. MOST ANNOYING.

• 5 months later...

Context: I basically view this great site 100% of the time from my phone. 

Is there a quote link that allows me to quote articles? I can only seem to quote other posts.

Also, when I copy/paste articles, it often screws up my font for the rest of the post because it wont let the article font go away. How do I fix that?

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Is there a quote link that allows me to quote articles? I can only seem to quote other posts.

In the full editor there is an option to add a quote box in which you can paste your articles. Since you're on mobile like me most of the time, isn't an option. Your best bet is to familiarize yourself with the BBCode for it. Note the spaces inside the brackets:

[ Quote ]EXAMPLE[ /Quote ]

Removing those spaces results in:

EXAMPLE

Also, when I copy/paste articles, it often screws up my font for the rest of the post because it wont let the article font go away. How do I fix that?

Remove the formatting when you paste it. When you paste something, a small popup will open at the bottom of the input box with a "Remove Formatting" option.

18 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Your best bet is to familiarize yourself with the BBCode for it. Note the spaces inside the brackets:

17 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Remove the formatting when you paste it. When you paste something, a small popup will open at the bottom of the input box with a "Remove Formatting" option.

This is extremely helpful. Thanks!

Archived