2018 4* S Smoke Monday (AU 7/11/17)

ellitor

We cannot get guys to pull the trigger when every sign points to them doing so. We also seem to be in the position of kids going man it would be auburn IF so and so did not offer or does not offer. There is at least 3 cases of that this recruiting season in monday, michael harris and master teague.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We cannot get guys to pull the trigger when every sign points to them doing so. We also seem to be in the position of kids going man it would be auburn IF so and so did not offer or does not offer. There is at least 3 cases of that this recruiting season in monday, michael harris and master teague.

Not to mention that we are starting to trial for some kids that we originally thought we led for like Armour-Davis. It's just all a very very bad combo of events. Since so many of our top targets are expected to commit in August, this summer will make or break our recruiting class. Gus better not be takin any freakin vacations anywhere this summer.

Edited by thaitopher

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Not to mention that we are starting to trial for some kids that we originally thought we led for like Armour-Davis. It's just all a very very bad combo of events. Since so many of our top targets are expected to commit in August, this summer will make or break our recruiting class.

This is the year our 8-5 and 7-6 mediocre seasons have finally caught up to us. If we do not have a monster season WHICH we very well can do with stidham and the rest of the talent we have on our roster then O boy it could get even uglier.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is the year our 8-5 and 7-6 mediocre seasons have finally caught up to us. If we do not have a monster season WHICH we very well can do with stidham and the rest of the talent we have on our roster then O boy it could get even uglier.

I have been a Gus fan and defender this whole time and have never advocated once that we jump off the Gus bus, but if we have another 8-5 season or worse, I will be jumping off the Gus bus. In fact, not only will I personally jump off the Gus bus but I will also throw a spike strip in front of the bus to take out its tires.

Edited by thaitopher
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I have been a Gus fan and defender this whole time and have never advocated once that we jump off the Gus bus, but if we have another 8-5 season or worse, I will be jumping off the Gus bus. In fact, not only will I personally jump off the Gus bus but I will also throw a spike strip in front of the bus to take out its tires.

lol MAN!! when you jump YOU REAAAAALLY JUMP!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

I swear I feel like this recruiting season just keeps getting worse and worse.

I swear, I read that every year, about this time, and then once signing day rolls around we land yet another top 10 class.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I swear, I read that every year, about this time, and then once signing day rolls around we land yet another top 10 class.

Not from me.

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Point still stands.  No reason to get up in arms about recruiting in June.

You're right. I'll hold judgment until the beginning of September.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Agree with this and it was Monday's first visit to Clemson. Not hard to get caught up in the "new". But we really need the season to start. And start good. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I would usually agree but I do not have the same swagger and confidence I usually do about dismissing slow starts to recruiting this year. We seem to have lost our "leads" on all the guys who were considered AU leans. No commits Big Cat weekend was concerning. Just feels like the only thing that will get us in to the top 10 again will be a truly outstanding season. We did nothing this past year to quell all the negative recruiting we are getting hit on by everyone. It is like groundhog day. Same questions remain about gus and the program as last year. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Winning solves so many things. 

and we have not been doing a lot of it lately unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Dude...take it easy.  They sky falleth not.

lol what? that was as mild as it gets. It was also factual. I ain't about that 8 win life for AU!

• Like 1

The two guys I wanted after looking at film early in this cycle (being the expert that I am, lol) were Teague and Monday. I think that this is all my fault ?

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

The two guys I wanted after looking at film early in this cycle (being the expert that I am, lol) were Teague and Monday. I think that this is all my fault ?

you can join Greg Brown in the goober category! lol TAKE A SEAT.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fredst said:

FWIW, those were my two biggest wants too.

• Like 1

Just now, AUpreacherman22 said:

I can't "like" this post. But it perfectly expresses my feeling on the matter. 

I am a simple man. I see a Fresh Prince GIF and I like it! lol

• Like 3

We really needed to get Monday on board early.  Maybe we could have kept him from camping at Clemson who is his dream school apparently. WE really need a stud S in this class with all that we are losing after this season.  It is not over just yet but the feeling around the program is not nearly as confident about landing Monday who was a lock before the Clemson offer.  We were very close to getting him to commit a few times. . This was another kid that was underrated although he was a 4 star.  I expect his ranking will climb throughout the summer.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We really needed to get Monday on board early.  Maybe we could have kept him from camping at Clemson who is his dream school apparently. WE really need a stud S in this class with all that we are losing after this season.  It is not over just yet but the feeling around the program is not nearly as confident about landing Monday who was a lock before the Clemson offer.  We were very close to getting him to commit a few times. . This was another kid that was underrated although he was a 4 star.  I expect his ranking will climb throughout the summer.

why are we so close to getting kids to commit a lot of times but they never pop for us? seems that has happened more often than other years the last 2 years.